Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:35:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305942 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: August 10, 2008, 03:46:51 PM »

Amendment to Abolish the Southeast

1. The citizens of the Southeast region have consistently proven they are not capable of governing themselves
2. For the citizens' own protection, the Southeast regional government shall be abolished and the duties of governing the region shall be ceded to the various other regional governments
3. The cessions will go as follows:
  • The states of Texas and Louisiana will be hereafter governed by the Pacific regional government
  • The states of Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama will be hereafter governed by the Midwest regional government
  • The states of Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be hereafter governed by the Mideast regional government
  • The states of Georgia and Florida will be hereafter governed by the Northeast regional government

I'm about 5% serious
I hardly think we have proved incapable of governing ourselves, its wanting to overgovern ourselves that has people agnry.

It would be funny if this passed because then I would be returned to the Pacific Region without actually having to move. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 04:46:17 PM »

1. The citizens of the Southeast region have consistently proven they are not capable of governing themselves
2. For the citizens' own protection, the Southeast regional government shall be abolished and the duties of governing the region shall be ceded to the various other regional governments
  • The states of Texas and Louisiana will be hereafter governed by the Pacific regional government
  • The states of Arkansas, Mississippi and Alabama will be hereafter governed by the Midwest regional government
  • The states of Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina will be hereafter governed by the Mideast regional government
  • The states of Georgia and Florida will be hereafter governed by the Northeast regional government

I'm about 5% serious

You forgot Puerto Rico. Bad.

Another concern is a non-contiguous Northeast. I would say give Georgia, Florida, & Puerto Rico to the Mideast, who in turn would give D.C. & Maryland to the Northeast, along with Missouri to the Midwest. Or a plan along those lines.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 11:06:33 PM »

I'm about 5% serious

You forgot Puerto Rico. Bad.

Another concern is a non-contiguous Northeast. I would say give Georgia, Florida, & Puerto Rico to the Mideast, who in turn would give D.C. & Maryland to the Northeast, along with Missouri to the Midwest. Or a plan along those lines.

For the congruity, you could give a coastal territory of 1/12 foot from the South Carolina to Maryland and the Outer Banks.

That could work too. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »

Somebody propose this:

Actual Amendment to the National Energy Act

Clauses 2, 3, 4, 8, and 9 of the National Energy Act (F.L. 3-3) are hereby repealed.

That legislation is a nightmare. TexasGurl was very right.

Hey, if you're elected Senator, then you can propose it. Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 04:24:47 PM »

I think it would have been better if HW had just tried to repeal the most obviously obnoxious features of Taft-Hartley rather than the whole thing; I don't think that we're going to get a bill passed that includes the full legalisation of the closed shop.

You have the right of it. Some parts of the Taft-Hartley Act I would be open to repealing or reforming, but I will absolutely vote nay on any bill that interferes with a state's ability to pass right-to-work laws & such.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 09:44:18 PM »

They bring money into the Government (only a small amount though Tongue).
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:27:01 PM »

Commeration of KoTBP Act

Section 1: Monument
a.) A monument shall be built at a location to be determined by a vote of the people of Nyman to honor the former governor of the Dirty South, Kingofthebenchpress.
b.) The cost of the project shall not exceed twenty millions ($20,000,000) dollars.

Section 2: Inscription
a.) The monument must contain the governor's famous phrase:

I love to have sex with hot women

fLast night i got myself a southern bell

2 IN DA PNIK ONE IN DA STINK BOYS

You arch-libertarians shouldn't be using public money for this.
Some things are just too important Smiley

Correct. If we opposed the use of public money for any purpose, we would be anarchists, not libertarians. As such, a statue to KotBP is the best possible use of our money. His phrase is probably the greatest to have graced our boards since PBrunsel's triumphant return two years ago.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 12:58:52 AM »

Commeration of KoTBP Act

Section 1: Monument
a.) A monument shall be built at a location to be determined by a vote of the people of Nyman to honor the former governor of the Dirty South, Kingofthebenchpress.
b.) The cost of the project shall not exceed twenty millions ($20,000,000) dollars.

Section 2: Inscription
a.) The monument must contain the governor's famous phrase:

I love to have sex with hot women

fLast night i got myself a southern bell

2 IN DA PNIK ONE IN DA STINK BOYS

You arch-libertarians shouldn't be using public money for this.
Some things are just too important Smiley

Correct. If we opposed the use of public money for any purpose, we would be anarchists, not libertarians. As such, a statue to KotBP is the best possible use of our money. His phrase is probably the greatest to have graced our boards since PBrunsel's triumphant return two years ago.

Tell SPC. And go build it with donations. I might be willing to give a little.

We're too busy raising money to rebuild the children's hospitals. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »

Ugh, we need to get on with this motion.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 05:56:34 AM »

Indeed. If Franzl doesn't get confirmed in time, it will be the Senate's fault.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 07:19:56 PM »

I like it except for Section 2 Tongue

No but seriously I really don't want to pass something that looks nice on paper just for the hell of it, if we want some real answers let's make some real penalties.  (Free Palestine Bill, cough, cough)

I agree, though that's not what Senate resolutions are for, generally speaking.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:47:56 PM »

There, I fixed it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 06:58:05 PM »

This is ridiculous. I demand bimetallism.

Fine, provided that the other metal is aluminum. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2009, 12:33:27 AM »

I would support this. After all, it's a game. It should be enjoyable, not troll-infested.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2009, 03:24:08 AM »

A compromise has been reached between the Goldbugs & the Silverites! Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2009, 02:04:25 PM »

You know, I was thinking, but wouldn't any attempt to actually use the TBA be a bill of attainder?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 02:07:10 PM »

You know, I was thinking, but wouldn't any attempt to actually use the TBA be a bill of attainder?

Good point.

That occurred to me when Al said that legislatures usually don't throw people in prison. The bill itself is perfectly fine, but actually putting it into action would be unconstitutional.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 05:51:23 PM »

Special Prosecutor Bill

1. The Attorney General, with the approval of the President, shall be empowered to appoint a special prosecutor to prosecute cases on behalf of the Republic of Atlasia.

2. The special prosecutor must be a member in good standing of the Supreme Court Bar.

3. In the absence of the Attorney General, the President shall be empowered to make appointments under this Act.

4. Nothing within this Act shall be construed such as to remove the right of the Attorney General to prosecute cases of behalf of the Republic of Atlasia.

Sponsor: Bacon King

If such a special prosecutor misbehaves, how will he or she be removed from his or her position of authority?  

this whole bill seems incredibly vague and I hate it unless more details are added Tongue

We just had an epic scandal on the part of our own attorney general and its shameful that there are not more conditions int his bill so soon after

The same way the Deputy SoFA is removed, most likely.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 06:39:11 PM »

I think an explicit clause should be added to the Special Prosecutor Bill enumerating just that. Leaving ambiguities is never good. And by no means should the post be permanent or outlast the Attorney General's post. This is just to help lessen the workload on the AG.

That as well as be there for when the AG has an obvious conflict of interest. If we had had BRTD as AG, & opebo were charged with some sort of crime, he obviously would not be fit to carry out the prosecution.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 01:29:01 AM »

The Malay government is improving and is hardly Nazi Germany.  Free trade would encourage further governmental transparency and economic fairness within the country while going through the effort to give them the economic finger would have the opposite effect.

MEEEKER MEEKER MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKER

There's nothing keeping you from posting in the thread of the bill itself.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 02:16:25 AM »

It's fine. Truth is, you can hang out in bill threads as much as you want. People only get angry if you try to vote on bills.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 02:30:41 AM »

On the other hand, if you just quote posts they might get angry anyway. Input is always welcome though.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:51 AM »

It's fine. Truth is, you can hang out in bill threads as much as you want. People only get angry if you try to vote on bills.

Ilikeverin yelled at me before. Tried to shoo me!

Beware Lunar. He may come for you too.

He was joking.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 04:45:06 PM »

Modification to the World War II Commemoration Act

Section 3 is repealed.

I remember that when the bill was first discussed, we tried to replace MLK Jr. Day with Civil Rights Day on March 3rd. Maybe we could give that idea another go.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »

Modification to the World War II Commemoration Act

Section 3 is repealed.

I remember that when the bill was first discussed, we tried to replace MLK Jr. Day with Civil Rights Day on March 3rd. Maybe we could give that idea another go.

Well my main point is that MLK is just one person in the civil rights fight and he doesn't deserve his own day all by himself. I got it abolished along with another bill that had a million pointless days abolished as well. The bill passed rather easily originally that banned the bill so I'm hoping that it goes that way again. Tongue

DWTL made that point as well during the hearings for the World War II Commemoration Act. It would be nice to replace MLK's birthday with a day in honor of the Civil Rights Movement as a whole.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies