Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:41:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305050 times)
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« on: April 18, 2005, 08:33:32 PM »

The New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill

Clause I

The State of New Mexico shall henceforth be located in the Pacific Region.

Clause II

The State of Montana shall henceforth be located in the Midwest Region.

Clause III

This bill shall take effect following the next Regional election upon approval by the Senate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y'all knew it had to appear sometime. Cheesy

You need the consent from both regions and everybody in the states affected before a change can become official.  Also, nothing says there has to be 10 states for each region...you could just pay the Governor of the Midwest for New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming without giving them any land.

Actually, it DOES say that there have to be 10 states per region.  At least it did in the old Constitution, I don't know if the new one says that.

I DO have the approval of both Midwest Governor Ilikeverin and Pacific Governor Wildcard. If they don't post here themselves, I can provide the necessary documentation. But I'll bug them to post here as I asked. Smiley

And from my discussion with Peter Bell, the mechanics of the trade are for the two Regions to decide, with the Senate approving or disapproving as a whole. I did run this by him to ensure that it is Constitutional...I'm not too proud to ask for assistance in such matters. Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:06:47 PM »

I would like to actually vote on the NM-MT Bill, if possible. We'll see if it happens...
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 10:38:57 PM »

I would like to actually vote on the NM-MT Bill, if possible. We'll see if it happens...

It will be reintroduced, regardless.

Thanks, Senator. Good to see something will be done. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 12:40:06 AM »

It will be reintroduced, regardless.

Thanks, Senator. Good to see something will be done. Smiley

I'd reintroduce it if no one else did.  The Pacific welcomes New Mexico! Wink

Reintroduce it as the The New Mexico - Montana SCREW THE MIDWEST Regional Bill with the necessary modifications. Wink

Thanks Gabu! Smiley

And King, I still think I'd need the Midwest's approval, even under the new Constitution...but Cheesy at the new phrasing.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 02:27:50 PM »

Let me just say that on the bill involving cutting off aid to the Palestinians, while I agree in principle that a Hamas-led government should definitely not receive any Atlasian funding, I have some concerns over governmental flexibility. Thus I abstained. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 02:15:59 PM »

For these reasons, I would fully support Senator TexasGurl's plan to reduce defense funding. A great bulk of defense spending is pork; I fear that the suggested reduction of 10% may not go far enough.

Cuts of that scale are born-out of isolationist dogma. $95bn (10% plus that cut from the legislation she sought to repeal). Might as well just add it to the welfare pot because it's going to need it. I can'tsee  Atlasia being better off from either a defense/national security standpoint or a socio-economic standpoint

For a progressive Senator, to propose cuts which could potentially generate a higher level of unemployment and worse still destroy communities, just dismays me unutterably

'Hawk'

Furthermore, why are all of Senator Texasgurl's proposed cuts coming out of the military budget? I find this...targeting...of one particular department to be a bit suspicious in all honesty.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:59:28 PM »

For these reasons, I would fully support Senator TexasGurl's plan to reduce defense funding. A great bulk of defense spending is pork; I fear that the suggested reduction of 10% may not go far enough.

Cuts of that scale are born-out of isolationist dogma. $95bn (10% plus that cut from the legislation she sought to repeal). Might as well just add it to the welfare pot because it's going to need it. I can'tsee  Atlasia being better off from either a defense/national security standpoint or a socio-economic standpoint

For a progressive Senator, to propose cuts which could potentially generate a higher level of unemployment and worse still destroy communities, just dismays me unutterably

'Hawk'

Furthermore, why are all of Senator Texasgurl's proposed cuts coming out of the military budget? I find this...targeting...of one particular department to be a bit suspicious in all honesty.
Why not just have the balls to ask me instead of speculating.
My, haven't we been hostile lately...

OK then, I was being polite, but: I think all your talk of balancing the budget is a smokescreen for a leftist attempt to gut the military. Why else would you only target one department?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 04:03:52 PM »

Because it is the only department left that hasn't been cut.

*whispers* Just having some In-Character Fun Kiki

OK, fair enough. I'm willing to look at cutting the Missile Initiative program. Wink
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 04:30:57 PM »

OK, fair enough. I'm willing to look at cutting the Missile Initiative program. Wink

Typical neocon, throwing our defensive capability out the window.

I guess it's more important to be capable to wipe out several dictators with funny hats at the same time than to protect american soil.

Roll Eyes

There's no pleasing some people Tongue
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 12:22:59 PM »

Because it is the only department left that hasn't been cut.

*whispers* Just having some In-Character Fun Kiki

I'll need to review that proposal on its own merits, once it reaches the floor of the Senate, and if it's not in Atlasia's interests to cut it, then I'll oppose it

'Hawk'

Fair enough.

And after having looked back on the original debate I still stand behind the creation of the two divisions, especially the pay raise I got put in there after PM-ing with John Ford. Smiley I'm willing to look at other parts of the military budget, but I won't vote to cut troop levels.

Oh, for Bono, on the creation of the first military division:
Grin
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2006, 05:09:38 PM »

Just curious...where does my little Constitutional Amendment stand in the queue?
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »

Just curious...where does my little Constitutional Amendment stand in the queue?

You're two bills away. Next is Peter's bill and then your amendment comes up. Smiley

I thank the Honorable Senator for his response. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies