Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:49:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305041 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 09, 2010, 11:37:21 AM »

I'd love to see such an act introduced:

Atlasian Day of Happines Act.

The anniversary of a day when Kyle Mercado, 19 aka Alexander Hamilton, a former poster originally of Bakersfield, California, a student of Redlands University, who's a confirmed sociopath, lifeless even for an internet standards and presumably, due to lack of time, a virgin, has been banned in a shame for sockpuppeting, trolling and other juvenile stuff, shall be hereby declared an Atlasian Day of Happiness.

Anyone know the exact date?

All I remember it's January 2010. Must check out.

EDIT: I believe January 13, 2010

The IDS has already declared it a holiday, Aaron Burr Day
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:30:56 AM »

Perhaps you could consult with him and see if he would be willing to ask me to withdraw it in favor of yours.

By now I am just assuming you guys never got my pms. Go ahead an withdraw mine in favor of his.

Also Senator Wormy introduced articles of impeachment quite a while ago. Not that I am saying Fuzzy needs to be impeached, but that fact someone brought forward articles of impeachment and there is nothing being done about it is a huge sign that something is broken here. I highly suggest a senator introduce some amendment to the SoP to make sure impeachments, you know, actually happen when are supposed to in the future.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »

You mean amendment to the constitution? That is the only procedures for impeachments and it leaves it in the hands of the Chief Justice.

I think this is one instance where not having a two house legislature is inconvenient. We shouldn't proceed to trial whenever a Senator introduces articles of impeachement. Perhaps require passage of a Senate measure by some specified majority first.

Well it should ensure that it is brought up right away and that ends any possibility that the trial wont happen simply because the CJ doesn't feel like starting it. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies