Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:25:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305070 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 09, 2005, 11:29:56 PM »
« edited: September 20, 2005, 05:38:04 PM by King »

The old one got infected with PA13-itis with Flyers v. Phil.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 10:19:53 PM »

Senate Introduction Act

Clause #1
Those who are members of Senate, must wait 72 hours (three days) before proposing legislation. Therefore, if a senator proposes legislation on a Monday, that Senator must wait 72 hours, until Friday.

Clause #2
All Senators, including the President-Pro Tempore must obey this rule.

Clause #3
Any senator who goes against this law, will not be allowed to propose legislation for 120 hours, or five days.

Clause #4
If this bill passes, and is signed by the President, the law should be put into affect by June the first, 2005.

If a Senator proposes it Monday, then he can't really propose it until 72 hours which would be Wednesday but he has to wait an additional 72 hours until he proposes it then?

Also, Senate law isn't a Presidential thing...no signature needed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:27:49 PM »

Ok, I don't really get Clause #1.  You say a Senator must wait 72 hours (three days) before proposing legislation. Therefore, if a senator proposes legislation on a Monday, that Senator must wait 72 hours, until Friday.  First off, three days after monday is Thursday, not Friday.  But beyond that, how can you propose legislation before you can propose legislation?  The law makes no sense as written.  So if I were a Senator, I would have to propose legislation on a Monday, which is illegal, and then propose the same legislation again on Friday?  Insane.

Also, Clause #3 says that anyone who opposes this law isn't allowed to propose legislation for 120 hours?  So anyone who votes against this law won't be able to propose legislation for 5 days if it passes?  That is beyond stupid, and probably unconstitutional.

It isn't unconstitutional because it is a Senate law and is sort of non-binding to the constitution.

Anyway, it has been deleted...nothing to see here folks!

Naso, please stop writing your own legislation and let King write it for you next time.

Don't get Keystone Phil and Akno started on that...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 10:38:14 PM »

Senate Introduction Act

Clause #1
Those who are members of Senate, must wait 72 hours (three days) before proposing legislation. Therefore, if a senator proposes legislation on a Monday, that Senator must wait 72 hours, until Friday.

Clause #2
All Senators, including the President-Pro Tempore must obey this rule.

Clause #3
Any senator who goes against this law, will not be allowed to propose legislation for 120 hours, or five days.

Clause #4
If this bill passes, and is signed by the President, the law should be put into affect by June the first, 2005.

wow, i dont understand at all. since when can we jsut delete bills introduced also?

Why do you want to continue this madness?  It is gone, he silently withdrew it...there is no law on this anyway.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 08:11:16 PM »

They don't decide just because they don't like the bill.  It has to have unconstitutional parts and they can only get rid of or change the language on those circumstances...it isn't like they could amend a healthcare bill into a declaration of war just because they disagree with it...
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:20:04 PM »

The New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill

Clause I

The State of New Mexico shall henceforth be located in the Pacific Region.

Clause II

The State of Montana shall henceforth be located in the Midwest Region.

Clause III

This bill shall take effect following the next Regional election upon approval by the Senate.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y'all knew it had to appear sometime. Cheesy

You need the consent from both regions and everybody in the states affected before a change can become official.  Also, nothing says there has to be 10 states for each region...you could just pay the Governor of the Midwest for New Mexico, Colorado, and Wyoming without giving them any land.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 11:01:08 PM »

I would like to actually vote on the NM-MT Bill, if possible. We'll see if it happens...

It will be reintroduced, regardless.

Thanks, Senator. Good to see something will be done. Smiley

I'd reintroduce it if no one else did.  The Pacific welcomes New Mexico! Wink

Reintroduce it as the The New Mexico - Montana SCREW THE MIDWEST Regional Bill with the necessary modifications. Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 08:17:52 PM »

Super, it would be nice if your amendments gave more direction on what clauses would be modified (if any).  We don't want to have a contradicting constitution again.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 11:04:07 AM »

Do we have a new legislation intro thread for the 7th session or will the current be used until it is 100 pages long?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2005, 01:43:14 PM »

It also says the SoFA has to manage it and I am.  I'll introduce  an amendment later.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 11:30:08 AM »

I urge my fellow Senators to pass the bill and thus let the people decide on the fate of the supreme court and it's decisions.

Stuffing the court to pass a populist agenda while voters have defeated populist candidates across the board is bad taste, no?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2005, 03:23:36 PM »

Recognition of this place with a population of five would be, in my opinion, a very unfortunate idea. So, I would request Sen. King to withdraw the proposal.

Huh?  Did I submit this?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 04:38:32 PM »

I ask Sam Spade to deem Ebowed's Holiday Bill frivolous

Why? Because you don't like it?

It's no more frivolous than to give nonexistent state governments the power to impose flag burning penalties.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »

Why should the teaching of the Catholic religion be excluded in a private, all-Catholic school?

Because the government is paying for it, and that's a violation of the separation of church and state.

No it isn't.  The separation of church and state is meant so the government doesn't force a religion on it's people.  The government offering a student a voucher to go to any school they want and that student choosing a religious school isn't forcing anything.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 06:44:45 PM »

Fairness to the Children Act

1. F.L. 14-16 is hereby repealed

The fourteenth Senate passed only nine acts.

Shhh...too much logic over here!
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »

DWTL isn't going to quit until he can get a hit!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies