Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:59:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305114 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: February 21, 2012, 10:07:07 AM »

The biggest drop off in jobperformance has been in the PPT position. Bgwah was great and active, Marokai is inactiveand here only to troll. Yet, Marokai wants to bitch about GM Shua. Cute.

Please explain (I'm referring to the part in bold print).
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:48:26 AM »

There is of course no justified reason to call the current PPT "inactive", and I would say 90% of the previous Senate (now it's probably 100%) disagree with the claim of inactivity. Such a statement is deliberately dishonest. Furthermore, it is outright hypocritical to attack Marokai for being "inactive" and to ignore the activity issues of the current administration.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 04:02:00 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.

I think you just need a reason to bash Marokai.

I think you should look at the facts.

I think you should be as upset as I am that the most useless bill introduced during my whole time as senator sat on the floor for two whole weeks. Yeah, three days of flu did that. Please.

What prevented Marokai from posting publicly that he would be gone? Explain that.

Facts are a very curious thing.

Fact 1: You claimed Marokai was an inactive PPT. Let's try to measure that objectively. Since he was elected to the position of PPT, Marokai has created 17 Senate threads and maintained a couple of other threads. Even if he has not been able to update certain threads for a very short time span, your statement is still objectively inaccurate.

Fact 2: You criticized Marokai for "willfully neglecting" his duties because he has not updated certain debate threads for one or two days. On the other hand, we have a President who has not posted in the White House thread which he created himself for weeks and who has not signed numerous bills for several days. But yet you ignore the President's inactivity or even defend the President against any justified claims of inactivity.

This makes me conclude that 20RP12 was right with his assertion that you only need a reason to bash Marokai - no matter how far-fetched that reason is.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 04:21:09 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.

I think you just need a reason to bash Marokai.

I think you should look at the facts.

I think you should be as upset as I am that the most useless bill introduced during my whole time as senator sat on the floor for two whole weeks. Yeah, three days of flu did that. Please.

What prevented Marokai from posting publicly that he would be gone? Explain that.

Facts are a very curious thing.

Fact 1: You claimed Marokai was an inactive PPT. Let's try to measure that objectively. Since he was elected to the position of PPT, Marokai has created 17 Senate threads and maintained a couple of other threads. Even if he has not been able to update certain threads for a very short time span, your statement is still objectively inaccurate.

Fact 2: You criticized Marokai for "willfully neglecting" his duties because he has not updated certain debate threads for one or two days. On the other hand, we have a President who has not posted in the White House thread which he created himself for weeks and who has not signed numerous bills for several days. But yet you ignore the President's inactivity or even defend the President against any justified claims of inactivity.

This makes me conclude that 20RP12 was right with his assertion that you only need a reason to bash Marokai - no matter how far-fetched that reason is.

1 - I really don't care how many threads are created.

2 - The President's inactivity should be discussed in a separate thread, not the "Senate Protest and Analysis" thread. Regardless, I am more concerned with legislation on the floor being dealt with. The President has little impact on that.

1 - That's a real pity because we should try to be objective. You were the one who made the bold claim that Marokai was "inactive" but who still didn't provide concrete evidence for his alleged inactivity. I mentioned the number of threads Marokai created and managed because this is an objective way to measure Marokai's level of activity. Likewise, we could have a look at the posts Marokai made as PPT, at the number of votes he oversaw etc. These are all objectively measurable actions. And they all show that Marokai has, in fact, been as active as his precedessors.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

As active? Hardly. I also doubt his predecessors would be so disrespectful to us citizens as to effectively deny them representation by not allowing the Dean to take over during a LOA. Threads created is totally irrelevant.

Only if we refuse to measure the PPT's activity objectively. "threads created" essentially equals "bills introduced to the Senate floor". Now if a PPT has introduced 17 bills to the Senate floor in a time span of a bit more than one month and has maintained the very same threads by opening votes on amendments and overseeing final votes etc., how does that qualify as "inactive"?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 08:17:39 AM »

Senators of Atlasia,

28 Atlasian citizens have signed the petition for "More Fiscal Responsibility and Sustainable Economic Development".

Regards,

ZuWo
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies