Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:33:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305920 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: May 01, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »

If I were a Senator, I would neither want nor need annoying PMs. Imagine having to remind your real life Senator that they have to go vote!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 07:58:42 PM »

If I were a Senator, I would neither want nor need annoying PMs. Imagine having to remind your real life Senator that they have to go vote!

they too have people who tell them when the vote is. and they paid a lot more than we do. Tongue

They have a staff but they seem to place a higher importance on making the vote than our Senators do. There is no reason for complacency when improvements can be made. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »

Why not just ask a Senator?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 12:48:28 PM »

I would not support the executive forcing bills for consideration, sorry. There is too much potential for abuse by flooding us with legislation to consider.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »

I tried my best to mirror the original text if you want to propose changes feel free.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 08:23:08 PM »

Great proposal Snowguy I would have done something similar but the Northeast already had it in place Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:48:11 PM »

I, uh, know what current law is. I made this specific to health care as to override the "doctors" in the Mideast trying to determine what is a valid medical treatments. The federal government guarantees health care.

Kudos to you.  I did was not sure exactly what the law was.  It was in 2006, I think.  Very good research.

As far as you argument...I see you are fan of Marokai's interpretation of a the word "demonstration" in Clause 13, Section 5, Article 1 of the Third Constitution.  I myself respectfully disagree with it.  I just don't see it that way, but then again I am a strict constructionist.

However, an argument could be made that the amendment to the above bill gives the region the right you are trying to take away from them.

As far as "doctors" (your quotes) and "valid medical treatments" (my sarcastic quotes, not at you but rather based on my experience), I have a friend who got a prescription for marijuana for headaches (probably due to the fact he was hung over) while his girlfriend got them for PMS.  I do question a lot of the "doctors" (this time my quotes, because the guy who gave the prescription was not an MD or anything medical related).  Thus, returning to my opinion that we should just legalize it and do away with the facade.

Just my opinion.  While I was typing, I saw Tmth's post.  he is right.  I just wanted to respond in a way that I know someone would see the whole discussion.  I will now depart.

Not my research, it was pointed out to me a few months ago. Though the article of the month touches on it.

Anyway, this bill was written to protect patients from reactionary conservatives. We have a national health care system in place so it makes sense that we hold each region to the same health care standard. It is also pretty obvious that the Mideast government is clueless about marijuana so it is sad IMO to see them discuss it as if serious. The idea that marijuana leads to child abuse almost made me choke from laughter. Good grief.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 04:26:44 AM »

Great point shua and thank you for taking my rather lengthy report into consideration. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 05:06:30 PM »

Privacy Protection Act

FL 36-11 is hereby repealed.

Yeah! It's about time someone stood up in defense of the privacy of drunk drivers!

The breath test has proven to be inaccurate and more often than not gives an inflated result. If an officer suspects a driver of being drunk there are many options for field sobreity tests that should be videotaped when performing and admissable as evidence. Further, if one feels that an officer has wrongfully determined them to be intoxicated through field tests they should retain the option to submit a blood sample test that is much more accurate than a breath test.

And to top it off, this is a coercive law that jeapordizes a region's ability to enforce its laws.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »

When the Senate gets to this bill, we will all provide opinions and come together for a solution. As you may have noticed, I like to propose these things simply to spark debate. Once people are paying attention, we can improve our Statute collectively. You're making a way bigger deal about this than it needs to be.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 09:46:47 PM »

Thank you. I was wondering why some were confused. Ill think of a more appropriate title.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 07:38:15 PM »

Personally, I am uncomfortable with the notion that the People are to defend the State.....as a progressive, I believe the State should defend The People.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 07:59:15 PM »

This is only my personal view, but I would be more likely to defend a country that allows me the freedom not to do so. I have a stronger moral objection to a war if its fought through conscription.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:13 PM »

Putting the rights of a government before the rights of its people is a hideously disturbing concept.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 09:21:35 PM »

The philosophy and morality of every government action should be examined, especially when it comes to restraining or coercing people into doing something.  I fail to see what's pragmatic about forcing people to work for the state and sacrifice not only the direction they want their lives to take, but potentially life itself.  If we neglect to examine the morality of government action and only stick to what appears "ideal," then we sacrifice freedom.  The government's job is to protect people from oppressors, not to become the oppressors.

Sigging this.

Vote for Scott if you want the NE to retain a Senator that stands up for our region's values. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2012, 09:35:49 PM »

Enough Ron Paul crap. This is Atlasia, let's talk about the threats to Atlasians' freedoms. Coughzuwocampaign
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »

Obviously.  It's an extremely accurate rule of thumb that the more anti-freedom a person is, the more they dislike Ron Paul.

There really isn't much room for nuance in your worldview, is there?

Did you really need to revive a dead, off-topic discussion just to spread negativity?

Sad
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2012, 07:05:35 PM »

Funny how many of my June ideas have came about despite the attacks I had to endure.

Elect Napoleon, for a true visionary Tongue
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 03:58:55 AM »

Shua is a great GM, how come all I see from you is posts bitching about this or whining about? You really have nothing positive to say and it is such a turn off.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »

This is what's wrong with this game. Maybe shua doesn't have the time that you or Badger or Purple State had. That's okay. I think shua's a great GM and he's a great person. We're becoming so much like the United States in the sense that we just go off on these ideologically-fueled rants with bias hid behind rhetoric. It's ridiculous. We vote for people based on ideology, we say we disapprove of them and then don't tell them why when they ask, we exile them from politics and then we rinse and repeat. I just can't comprehend this. At all.

Amen.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 01:24:47 AM »

I really do appreciate people trying to defend me, but there's no need for it here.  It's just giving our esteemed PPT an opportunity to criticize me while ignoring my posts.

By "esteemed", do you mean "bitter, sloth, and creepy"?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 11:45:16 PM »

The biggest drop off in jobperformance has been in the PPT position. Bgwah was great and active, Marokai is inactiveand here only to troll. Yet, Marokai wants to bitch about GM Shua. Cute.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2012, 11:36:39 AM »

The biggest drop off in jobperformance has been in the PPT position. Bgwah was great and active, Marokai is inactiveand here only to troll. Yet, Marokai wants to bitch about GM Shua. Cute.

Please explain (I'm referring to the part in bold print).

Bills sit on the floorway too long with no debate, mostly his own bad ideas.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2012, 03:30:05 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2012, 03:33:37 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2012, 03:38:46 PM by Governor Napoleon »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.

I think you just need a reason to bash Marokai.

I think you should look at the facts.

I think you should be as upset as I am that the most useless bill introduced during my whole time as senator sat on the floor for two whole weeks. Yeah, three days of flu did that. Please.

What prevented Marokai from posting publicly that he would be gone? Explain that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies