Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:43:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 305874 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: February 01, 2012, 07:43:13 PM »

I strongly urge our senators to support the Constitutional anti-conscription amendment and reject the recently proposed amendment to the bill.  Conscription gives government permission to shape how a person pilots their own life and personal freedom should never, in my view, be sacrificed in peacetime or war time.

Personally, I am uncomfortable with the notion that the People are to defend the State.....as a progressive, I believe the State should defend The People.

^
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »

I feel it's necessary to ask this question to those who believe conscription should be an option: if an attack happened on your soil and your country went to war without conscripting citizens, would you volunteer to enlist?

As Napoleon said, if we get attacked on our own soil and no one is willing to fight, we deserve to lose.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:15:36 PM »

Putting the rights of a government before the rights of its people is a hideously disturbing concept.

This.

I think, if we're going to conscript our own citizens, we're first. And by "we," I mean all Senators, the President, Vice-President, etc.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »

Putting the rights of a government before the rights of its people is a hideously disturbing concept.

The way you approach this issue is incredibly childish; I loathe these silly romantic notions. Stop being so hyperbolic over everything. I've changed my vote to Abstain. TJ's amendment is poorly worded.

Usually when you and Napoleon fight, I stay out because generally, you're both wrong. But in this case, Napoleon is right. He's not being childish or hyperbolic. The people should indeed come before the rights of the Government. Just my two sense.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:20:04 PM »

The philosophy and morality of every government action should be examined, especially when it comes to restraining or coercing people into doing something.  I fail to see what's pragmatic about forcing people to work for the state and sacrifice not only the direction they want their lives to take, but potentially life itself.  If we neglect to examine the morality of government action and only stick to what appears "ideal," then we sacrifice freedom.  The government's job is to protect people from oppressors, not to become the oppressors.

Sigging this.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:29:39 PM »

The philosophy and morality of every government action should be examined, especially when it comes to restraining or coercing people into doing something.  I fail to see what's pragmatic about forcing people to work for the state and sacrifice not only the direction they want their lives to take, but potentially life itself.  If we neglect to examine the morality of government action and only stick to what appears "ideal," then we sacrifice freedom.  The government's job is to protect people from oppressors, not to become the oppressors.

Sigging this.

Thanks. Smiley

And thanks for making it look like a Ron Paul ad. Tongue

Tongue Freedom is popular! Tongue
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 04:58:30 PM »

There's a problem in the Trim the Fat Act that was also in the Health Spending Adjustment Act.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: there is absolutely no way to reduce the costs of Atlasian National Healthcare without changing the way the program works. Either the Atlasian government is responsible for the full cost of it or it isn't.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing...I'm thinking about writing a bill to repeal the healthcare law.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »

It has no problems...other than the fact that it makes up for a majority of our budget and without the gigantic system, we wouldn't have a deficit...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 07:41:54 PM »

It has no problems...other than the fact that it makes up for a majority of our budget and without the gigantic system, we wouldn't have a deficit...

That's a very simplistic position to take on something so complex my friend.

I prefer to view it as an nutshell summary Wink
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 06:22:58 AM »

This is what's wrong with this game. Maybe shua doesn't have the time that you or Badger or Purple State had. That's okay. I think shua's a great GM and he's a great person. We're becoming so much like the United States in the sense that we just go off on these ideologically-fueled rants with bias hid behind rhetoric. It's ridiculous. We vote for people based on ideology, we say we disapprove of them and then don't tell them why when they ask, we exile them from politics and then we rinse and repeat. I just can't comprehend this. At all.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:16:04 PM »

Nobody ever called him "one of the greats", Marokai...
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 03:32:10 PM »

No excuses, and I think you are lying anyway.

You should have posted a LOA. You have been posting all over the rest of the forum. You willfully neglected your duties.

I think you just need a reason to bash Marokai.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 03:59:19 PM »

Because real life is more important than some game. If Marokai was sick, he is not mandated to post anything on this forum.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »

Because real life is more important than some game. If Marokai was sick, he is not mandated to post anything on this forum.

So, Marokai can criticize me for it and be hypocritical later on? No. I disagree. I also have already pointed out that this whole inactivity thing started back a while ago, not just these last couple days where he has ignored everything. Bgwah never would have let so many of these bills sit with no debate.

I never took Marokai's side. If a Senator is sick, they're sick. They are not required to tell the forum, period. And no one can accuse that Senator of inactivity simply because they didn't post an LOA.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2012, 10:39:58 PM »

When will this end?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 06:10:57 AM »

I WAS JUST THINKING THE SAME THING THIS IS BEAUTIFUL PLEASE CONTINUE
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2012, 06:39:25 PM »

So glad we don't have an embargo on Cuba. Their coffee is freaking amazing.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies