MA-06: WBUR: Moulton favored to hold seat for Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:53:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 House Election Polls
  MA-06: WBUR: Moulton favored to hold seat for Dems
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-06: WBUR: Moulton favored to hold seat for Dems  (Read 721 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2014, 08:59:56 AM »

Article.

Moulton (D)- 47%
Tisei (R)- 39%
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:35:55 PM »

MA Democrats really dodged a bullet in nominating Moulton.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 04:57:59 PM »

Hopefully this is still a single digit race, but I would be downright shocked if Tisei actually upset this race. Moulton probably holds this seat for another 20 years.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 05:11:21 PM »

Hopefully this is still a single digit race, but I would be downright shocked if Tisei actually upset this race. Moulton probably holds this seat for another 20 years.

I doubt he'll be staying in the seat for very long, let alone 20 years. If he had the guts to primary Tierney rather than wait his turn, he'll probably be looking to move up fairly soon. He's basically the Democratic version of Tom Cotton.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 05:19:52 PM »

I doubt he'll be staying in the seat for very long, let alone 20 years. If he had the guts to primary Tierney rather than wait his turn, he'll probably be looking to move up fairly soon. He's basically the Democratic version of Tom Cotton.

Interesting. Warren seems very one termish, I could see Moulton going for it there.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »

Tierney not being the nominee along with the right-wing campaign to withhold votes from Tisei means that this race is off the board.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 01:55:31 AM »

Assuming that Coakley wins the gubernatorial race, Moulton isn't going to have any chance to "upgrade" his position from Representative any time soon.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

Assuming that Coakley wins the gubernatorial race, Moulton isn't going to have any chance to "upgrade" his position from Representative any time soon.

That's if you assume Markey and Warren are lifers. Either way, it would still be <10 years as opposed to 20.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »

That's if you assume Markey and Warren are lifers.

That's a fairly safe assumption to make.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 02:24:10 PM »

Warren yes, but Markey actually could be vulnerable in a primary under the right circumstances.  How liberal is Moulton and does he have a working class background?
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:04 PM »

Warren yes, but Markey actually could be vulnerable in a primary under the right circumstances.  How liberal is Moulton and does he have a working class background?

Markey isn't vulnerable in a primary.

Moulton is an old-money WASP (grew up in Marblehead, went to Phillips Academy and Harvard). Tierney was running ads claiming he was a Republican plant during the primary, but his views are probably in line with the state Democratic party, which probably puts him about the same or slightly to the right of Markey.
KCDem

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »

Moulton will lose in the Republican wave that will sweep Massachusetts.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 03:57:44 PM »

Markey isn't vulnerable in a primary.

Moulton is an old-money WASP (grew up in Marblehead, went to Phillips Academy and Harvard). Tierney was running ads claiming he was a Republican plant during the primary, but his views are probably in line with the state Democratic party, which probably puts him about the same or slightly to the right of Markey.

Okay then, doesn't sound like there's a lot of room for him statewide anytime soon unless he gets to run against Baker in 2018.  His demographic is only becoming more dominant in the state, so maybe someday...
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 05:58:40 PM »

Moulton is pretty clearly to the right of Markey
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies