Hispanics backing GOP in Georgia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:27:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Hispanics backing GOP in Georgia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hispanics backing GOP in Georgia  (Read 1103 times)
JRP1994

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/politics/2014/09/29/politics-georgia-carter-deal-perdue-nunn-hispanic-voters/16446329/
Dixie Reborn
BeyondTruthAndIdeals
Canada

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 03:38:33 PM »

lol
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 03:50:13 PM »

> making conclusions about voting patterns from a subsample of 40 people
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »

That article was so dumb it gave me a headache.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 07:53:37 PM »

KCDem

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:57:58 PM »

"Journalists" are idiots these days.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 12:18:14 PM »

It's a well known fact that almost no pollster can ever get their Hispanic subsample anywhere near accurate. Does anyone know if that one organization that only surveyed Hispanics in 2012 is doing that again this year?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 01:53:03 AM »

Yeah, the samples are always too small to make any reasonable estimate from, and it's likely that Republican-leaning Latinos are going to be easier to contact than Democratic-leaning ones, anyway. Though it has always perplexed me how just about every poll shows Latinos either evenly-split or leaning GOP in the state.

I thought I posted this somewhere a while back, but this was something I did with NGPVAN access for three congressional districts in Georgia. Basically, I was able to assess 700,000 registered voters' (who voted in 2012) individual likelihoods of voting D/R, and then take the aggregate to produce these results. Think of it as instant polling, without all the fuss and cost. It's my experience that VAN data can be off considerably on one or a few people, but when you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of people and averaging them all out, it's phenomenally accurate. Anyway, this is what it showed for Latinos in the presidential election:

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2014, 09:37:12 PM »

Relevant.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/politics/2014/10/10/georgia-politics-poll/17054641/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2014, 09:41:55 PM »

It's a well known fact that almost no pollster can ever get their Hispanic subsample anywhere near accurate. Does anyone know if that one organization that only surveyed Hispanics in 2012 is doing that again this year?

Latino Decisions you mean? Smiley

Their polling page: http://www.latinodecisions.com/recent-polls/

They have already polled Colorado, Florida, New Mexico, Arizona and Texas so far this year.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »

It should be noted that nationally, English-language only polling led to under-polling Obama by about 10% among Latinos.

Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 12:36:58 AM »

Yeah, the samples are always too small to make any reasonable estimate from, and it's likely that Republican-leaning Latinos are going to be easier to contact than Democratic-leaning ones, anyway. Though it has always perplexed me how just about every poll shows Latinos either evenly-split or leaning GOP in the state.

I thought I posted this somewhere a while back, but this was something I did with NGPVAN access for three congressional districts in Georgia. Basically, I was able to assess 700,000 registered voters' (who voted in 2012) individual likelihoods of voting D/R, and then take the aggregate to produce these results. Think of it as instant polling, without all the fuss and cost. It's my experience that VAN data can be off considerably on one or a few people, but when you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of people and averaging them all out, it's phenomenally accurate. Anyway, this is what it showed for Latinos in the presidential election:

Interesting how Asians supported Romney in northern Georgia despite being mostly Democrat nationally. Granted, they didn't go for Romney as much as whites, but he still had a lead. Part of me is starting to wonder if Asian voters mimic White voters, and the Democratic dominance in the Asian voting base is because most of them live in the Pacific region. Then again, I don't feel comfortable making that kind of call without enough evidence.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies