Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:22:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170354 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: July 06, 2015, 04:34:54 PM »

I just discovered that one of my co-workers is unironically supporting Donald Trump in 2016!  My jaw just kind of fell open; I literally didn't know what to say.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #876 on: July 06, 2015, 04:51:10 PM »

I just discovered that one of my co-workers is unironically supporting Donald Trump in 2016!  My jaw just kind of fell open; I literally didn't know what to say.

My friend is also an unironic Trump supporter. It's hilarious.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #877 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:23 PM »

IKR Tongue

But in real news, today I unfortunately went through the rough equivalent of a break-up. Sad

It hurts terribly (first time Tongue), but I don't think I've come to a full realization of what has happened yet (jeez, I can't wait).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #878 on: July 06, 2015, 07:44:25 PM »

My grandmother supported him until the whole Mexican fiasco; she dropped him for Cruz after deciding he was too unpolished. Her friends, alas, are already signed up as volunteers for the Trump campaign once they begin operating in Florida (if they operate at all).
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #879 on: July 06, 2015, 10:02:33 PM »

My grandmother supported him until the whole Mexican fiasco; she dropped him for Cruz after deciding he was too unpolished. Her friends, alas, are already signed up as volunteers for the Trump campaign once they begin operating in Florida (if they operate at all).

I mean his business and personal brand are going down the sh*tter
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #880 on: July 06, 2015, 11:26:50 PM »

I've made the very painful decision to try to formally and in a mutually acceptable manner end a friendship that was originally really good and really close but has over the past year and a half or so become really strained and interfered with my ability to live my life. But I haven't talked to the other person in a couple of months anyway, so first I need to get her to respond to the email that I sent her asking to restore contact so that we can actually have a conversation about this.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #881 on: July 08, 2015, 08:37:07 PM »

I've made the very painful decision to try to formally and in a mutually acceptable manner end a friendship that was originally really good and really close but has over the past year and a half or so become really strained and interfered with my ability to live my life. But I haven't talked to the other person in a couple of months anyway, so first I need to get her to respond to the email that I sent her asking to restore contact so that we can actually have a conversation about this.
Any updates on the situation?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #882 on: July 08, 2015, 09:39:25 PM »

She responded to the email. We're talking tomorrow; I'm really, really nervous about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #883 on: July 08, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »

She responded to the email. We're talking tomorrow; I'm really, really nervous about it.
I'll be thinking of you; I'm sure it will work out fine. Its a hard thing to do, of course.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #884 on: July 09, 2015, 12:47:32 AM »

Huh?  You haven't talked in months anyway, so... just keep on not talking.  Am I missing something here?  People don't usually "formally" end friendships in real life.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #885 on: July 09, 2015, 03:45:48 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2015, 03:48:22 AM by sex-negative feminist prude »

Huh?  You haven't talked in months anyway, so... just keep on not talking.  Am I missing something here?

Probably should have mentioned that there are a few different hitherto undiscussed aspects of our past together on which I need closure, and hitherto unexplained aspects of my past behavior about which I think she deserves honesty.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know, but little about this particular friendship has been normal. Even when it was close it was a little stilted, quiet, and cold. Neither of us really has an easy manner.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #886 on: July 09, 2015, 02:50:08 PM »

Proof it's real
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #887 on: July 09, 2015, 05:19:30 PM »

Joe Republic turned out to be right in that we didn't really end the conversation in a different position from how we began it. We're on paper still friends. We're still not as close as we were. We're still not talking much. That's all.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #888 on: July 11, 2015, 02:08:11 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2015, 02:11:28 PM by True Federalist »

Just got back from an enjoyable vacation with my girlfriend's family. Only real complaint is from where I stopped for lunch on the way back. I now have a sufficient sample size to make a generalization. Denny's are okay as stand alone restaurants, but I'll never eat at another one colocated with a Flying J. The service is bad and the food ain't as good as the Denny's that have to get repeat business from locals to survive. Once could have been the individual restaurant, twice is enough to establish a trend, especially when the difference in quality is so obvious compared to the stand alone ones.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #889 on: July 11, 2015, 02:48:04 PM »

I had a dream last night that I met circa 2010 Carly Fiorina while knocking on doors for AFP.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #890 on: July 12, 2015, 07:15:40 AM »

The worst thing about not being with someone is having no one to sleep with and spoon. Sad
Knives
solopop
« Reply #891 on: July 12, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »

The worst thing about not being with someone is having no one to sleep with and spoon. Sad

Like 95% of the Atlas deals with this as part of their default and ongoing existence. We cope.

Well that's ing depressing.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #892 on: July 12, 2015, 10:34:11 PM »

same heres, bro Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #893 on: July 14, 2015, 07:22:19 PM »

I just went on a Tugboat response.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #894 on: July 14, 2015, 07:38:34 PM »

Like 95% of the Atlas deals with this as part of their default and ongoing existence. We cope.

Well that's ing depressing.

Duh.

Indeed, but it is (for some of us) the moral way.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #895 on: July 15, 2015, 06:39:02 PM »

'Dat moment when you find out two of your volunteers you supervise on National Day of Action hate each others guts.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #896 on: July 15, 2015, 08:53:37 PM »

'Dat moment when you find out two of your volunteers you supervise on National Day of Action hate each others guts.

Well, not surprising in a organisation based on greed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #897 on: July 15, 2015, 09:24:57 PM »

Well, not surprising in a organisation based on greed.
No, it's a past relationship kind of thing, which makes things more awkward.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #898 on: July 15, 2015, 10:59:36 PM »

I'm back in this great country known as Colombia. I have one new housemate (a Colombian, now) who is super cool.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #899 on: July 17, 2015, 12:10:18 AM »

I'm coming in here with a big family problem I don't want to talk about. Don't know what I expect, but I needed to say something. Send warm feels. I need 'em. Sad
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies