The Office of Former President Lief
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:25:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Former President Lief
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Office of Former President Lief  (Read 10209 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »

An anonymous voter asked me my thoughts on bicameralism and consolidation. While I answered him privately, I'd also like to post my response here so that all the voters can See Where I Stand.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »

Endorsed for some preference
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »

Endorsed, of course!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2014, 06:03:50 AM »

While I can't make an endorsement on behalf of the Church, you certainly have my vote.

x Callixtus IV
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2014, 10:06:38 AM »

rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2014, 06:53:32 PM »

Former President Lief Surprises Campaign Volunteers with Pizza!

"Let me just say that while things are looking good for us so far, this election is far from over. We need all our supporters to go and vote before the weekend ends. And if you have voted already, get on your laptop, log into the Dave Leip's Atlas Forum, and start PMing people to vote. We need to send a message to the people in Nyman that we are sick and tired of business as usual. We are sick and tired of the abuses of this administration, from bringing punitive and divisive criminal prosecutions against upstanding citizens to their shocking levels of inactivity. If God willing I am elected, I will do the people's work down there and hold the administration's feet to the fire. The people are demanding fundamental change, and we are gonna give it to them. Alright, who wants some homemade and very authentic Chef Boyardee pizza fresh out of the oven?"
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2014, 01:11:31 AM »

Former President Lief will be making a statement once all the votes have been counted. In the mean time, he would like to thank all those who voted this weekend.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2014, 02:08:20 AM »

Congratulations!
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2014, 02:21:20 AM »

Congrats on your victory!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:22 AM »

Thank you! Provisional results have indicated that we have emerged victorious tonight! It has been a long and exhausting campaign, but I thank you all for your support. I am looking forward to working in the senate again!

Congratulations as well to comrade SWE, as well as Polnut, Bacon King and Cris! I look forward to working with all of them.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2014, 02:32:56 AM »

So happy to see you win!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2014, 02:50:28 AM »

Congrats man, good luck!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2014, 03:31:58 AM »

I'm very happy that you won, and with someone with as much experience as yourself, it will be great to have you in the Senate.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2014, 08:58:34 AM »

Congratulations on your victory.
I look forward to working with you. I hope that we will make great things for Atlasia.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2014, 10:16:22 AM »

Congratulations my dear friend Lief.

Now get down to Nyman and start shaking things up!
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2014, 11:37:09 AM »

Dominating!
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2014, 06:25:20 PM »

Congrats on winning! You certainly earned this seat and are bound to be a phenomenal Labor voice for the people!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2014, 10:09:51 PM »
« Edited: December 17, 2014, 01:57:01 AM by Lief »

VICTORY SPEECH

Thank you for all being here tonight. It was a long and hard fought campaign, and just like my last one, the special interests spent millions on the airwaves against me. I've been called every bad name in the book the last couple of days, but it is so worth it tonight, because we, my friends, we have sent a message loud and clear to the people in Nyman: We are mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore!

[cheers, applause]

For too long, the career politicians down there have been running this country into the ground. If it's not brothers and sisters destroying our values with their state-sanctioned honeymoon fuckfests--

[laughter, cheers]

--it's the corporations gouging our hardworking families with outrageously expensive groceries, as the Lumine regime--

[loud boos and jeers]

--looks on toothlessly while inflation surges into the stratosphere! Well, tonight my friends, we've sent a message, and for the next four months you are going to have a champion down there in Nyman, who is going to work night and day for you, the good and honest people of Atlasia, who are sick and tired of the corruption, the deceit, and the lies.

[applause]

In the coming days and weeks we are going to take a hard look at the state of this country and put together a package of bills to get us back on the right course. We are going to take a firm stand against the Lumine regime's disgusting budget cuts. The voters of Atlasia sent a clear message this weekend. They threw the bums out, and said to the president's agenda "NO THANK YOU!"

[cheers, applause]

Enough of the impeachment-worthy inactivity. Enough of the shameless partisan prosecutions that are re-opening old wounds and tearing this proud nation apart. Enough of spending every last cent on war, while taking a hatchet to our real budgetary priorities here at home.

[applause]

Thank you my friends. Thank you so much for being brave this weekend, for standing up and being counted. I am ready to get to work. I will not let you down. God bless you and God bless Atlasia.

[cheers, applause, celebratory gunfire]
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2014, 11:50:30 PM »

It's time to clean up the streets and clean up those families who's parents lust after their children and where Uncle Henry is giving niece Sally a poke!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2015, 03:09:10 PM »

Statement on the Attempt on Senator-Comrade TNF's Life and the Cowardice of the Justice Department

The news of a conspiracy to assassinate our beloved comrade TNF is incredibly disturbing. This kind of violence has no place in Atlasia, and I have called on the Attorney General to do everything in his power to bring these enemies of democracy and the People to justice. TNF has been a tireless crusader for the causes of justice and equality, and I was proud to cast a vote in favor of the Senator's civil rights legislation just days ago. I urge the President to sign the legislation as it stands and deliver a crippling blow against the forces of reaction, bigotry and hatred that still threaten so many of our fellow Atlasians. Currently there are rumors circulating that he will attempt to redraft the bill; I believe this would do nothing more than embolden the reactionary elements who have already threatened TNF's life. Let me remind the President that his party was dealt an unambiguous defeat in the last election, and a senator of the President's party who unfortunately proudly represents and speaks for these reactionary elements was himself thrown out of office.

On that note, I turn to the actions of our Attorney General, who seems to be too busy carrying out partisan witch hunts against innocent members of the Labor Party to do anything about the reactionary terrorist elements running amok in our country. There is ample evidence to believe that former Senator JCL was involved in this conspiracy, and he has admitted that his "staffers" were at the scene of the crime. Unfortunately our esteemed Attorney General cannot go after these actual criminals and enemies of the People, for he is too busy publicly attacking law-abiding Atlasian citizens who wish to exercise their constitutional right to defend themselves. The priorities of this administration and its justice department continue to be deeply, deeply disturbing.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »

My people were in the area on their way to a prayer meeting and were witnesses. They have fully cooperated with the relevant authorities in their investigation. The Coolidge Society strongly believes in the nonviolent protest methods of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and came out very fast against those who made an attempt on the senators life. I have nothing to gain in the death of any Atlasian whatsoever. Especially a respected former collegue such as TNF. Repressing speech that you may disagree with is not within Atlasian tradition.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »

Statement on the Removal of Governor Fitzgerald from Office

The extraordinary and unprecedented political witch-hunt of the Lumine regime continued today, as the thugs at the Justice Department claimed another Labor scalp. After Governor Lebron Fitzgerald easily defeated a craven attempt to remove him from office in a recall earlier this year, humiliating his desperate opponents in the process, the partisans that now run our country's Justice Department sought to remove him from office by any means possible. Despite a lack of conclusive evidence, the Governor was unfortunately found guilty, and given a punishment that can only be described as draconian. Already, I am sure, our esteemed Attorney General is hunting for the next Labor opponent to launch a partisan and unfounded investigation against. Like many Atlasians, I continue to eagerly count the days until the lame-duck Lumine regime finally falls and we are able to restore some degree of justice and rule of law to our fair country. Until then, I will continue to do what the People elected me to do, and stand up to this out of control administration and its abuses of power.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 01:49:55 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 01:55:13 PM by Lief »

Senate Office Closed Tomorrow

Due to what we believe is a credible threat received earlier this morning from the same right-wing terror group that has been carrying out cowardly attacks on my Comrade-Senators recently, I have decided to close my Nyman Senate office and all regional Senate offices tomorrow. The safety of my hard-working staff and cadre of unpaid interns is paramount, and we will not take any risks. All relevant information has been forwarded to the Attorney General and Secretary of Internal Affairs.

I hope these monstrous, anti-democratic enemies of the People are brought to justice as soon as possible.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2015, 07:31:42 PM »

Senate Office Closed Tomorrow

Due to what we believe is a credible threat received earlier this morning from the same right-wing terror group that has been carrying out cowardly attacks on my Comrade-Senators recently, I have decided to close my Nyman Senate office and all regional Senate offices tomorrow. The safety of my hard-working staff and cadre of unpaid interns is paramount, and we will not take any risks. All relevant information has been forwarded to the Attorney General and Secretary of Internal Affairs.

I hope these monstrous, anti-democratic enemies of the People are brought to justice as soon as possible.

They aren't right wing. They've went after politicos left, right and center.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies