KS-Rassy: Orman+12 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KS-Rassy: Orman+12 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should this poll be entered to the FORUM poll database ? (please read thread)
Yes
No
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: KS-Rassy: Orman+12  (Read 3953 times)
KCDem

« on: October 09, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »

Glorious News!
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 09:08:44 AM »

The poll had Obama's approval at 45%. They probably retracted it because it is clearly a bad sample.

Retracting polls because you don't like their results is just plain wrong. There is no excuse.

Facts didn't like the results either: there's no way Obama is at 45% approval in Kansas. He's lucky to have that rating in PA right now!

It doesn't matter because Orman will still win Cheesy
KCDem

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 06:19:54 PM »

Outlying polls to each side of the race is how you get an average of polls that show you where the race is going. The more polls you have, provided they are done with a valid methodology and not to serve a partisan purpose, the more sense an average of polls make and the more chance you have that your average can predict the outcome more or less correctly.

I'm with Antonio on this.

It's only an outlying poll if the poll was publicly released. Obviously, this one wasn't ready for prime time. They held short of a wider release and retracted it. It amazes me that people want to include bad information solely because it looks good for one candidate over another.

Bad information is bad information. It should not be included if you are intellectually honest. Something was wrong as a matter of science or Rasmussen would have released the poll to not just subscribers.

There's plenty of good information that never gets released and bad information that does get released, so I'm not sure what your point is here. You have no proof that Ras didn't release it because it was "bad science", it's probable they just realized afterward that it was far off the consensus and didn't want to embarrass themselves by releasing an obvious outlier.

Give me a break. Everyone else has this race within a few percentage points either way. This particular poll which was never publicly released, has this race in a different universe. There's no logical explanation other than the poll was not released because it was a bad poll.

It wasn't released because Rasmussen's Republican subscriber base revolted.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies