Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:30:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 152942 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #125 on: October 24, 2014, 10:14:37 PM »

Have you inquired with your landlord as to what it would cost to break the lease and leave the old apartment behind?  I don't think you've given that sufficient consideration.  Yes, you might get some future job offer in Tulsa, but that's rather hypothetical.  Your job right now is not there, so I don't see why you wouldn't consider ditching it.

That's an idea that has been tossed around, but considering I still have through May 31 on my lease, I imagine it would be a very high price and potentially damning to my credit score.  It's already suffered enough, it doesn't need to be permanently ruined.

Do you actually know what the price is, or are you just making an assumption here?

Is this even something that affects your credit score?  You're not declaring bankruptcy or anything.  You're not even necessarily defaulting on anything if you just come to some agreement with your landlord.  Your landlord might even prefer that you pay some penalty and then they get someone else in there with a longer lease.  Why don't you just ask?

I guess I could call up here next week and ask.  The offices are closed on weekends.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »

Thank you so much for that post, Patrick.  Every November, I always do the 30 days of thanksgiving on Facebook where I can publicly write down and express my thanks.  This will be my third year to do that.  Certainly, I should write down what I am thankful for December through October, as well, but I make it a point in November because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.

I am going to also start writing down goals, not only professional, but personal and health.  I'll take those month by month and see how I do.  I am very good at planning.  I can plan with the best of them.  I just need to execute.  I don't need to make minute-by-minute plans, but just a checklist of what I want to accomplish and then set out to accomplish said task or goal.

I really like your post and it makes me feel better about the entire evening.  I am thinking that while I watch football tomorrow, I can at least investigate the AutoCAD software and that website that J-Mann mentioned and start trying to get my head back in the game.

I've got the opportunity to really give my resume a huge boost with this job, and the large, global, and governmental nature of the company.  I'm going to copy what you have written and paste it to a Word document so I don't lose it when this thread ends and we get into a new thread.

Thank you, friend. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2014, 11:16:43 PM »

Okay everyone here needs to stop and STFU. Am I the only person here who sees what's happening yet again?

Jeff reaches Peak Stupidity, as he periodically does, everyone rushes in to try to get him to abort his latest trainwreck, Jeff reacts with indignation and then when people start to withdraw their sympathy and attention, he becomes repentant and pleads with us to "give him one more chance."

I'm done. I don't know how many paragraphs of advice I've written in this disaster of a forum that he has never once even attempted to follow. Some of you are honestly turning into battered wives who throw up their hands only to fall into the trap again when Jeff does the equivalent of staggering home drunk and crying and exclaiming, "I swear to God baby this time I've changed for good!" I'm not going to be used anymore. Not by someone like him. It's just too pathetic and weird and sad.

Jeff Brown is not a good person. He's a selfish, lazy attention whore and when his parents kick the bucket he'll probably wind up living in state-subsidized squalor punctuated by the occasional visit from a case worker. I believe in a thing called karma, and Jeff has done absolutely nothing at this point to deserve any good things coming to him in the future.

If eighteen "seasons" of this BS aren't enough proof for the rest of you that this is the case, then I pity you. Adios, Jeff, you fat SOB. Indy's out.

If that's how you feel then I wish you well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2014, 08:17:26 AM »

Good Morning, friends.  I don't blame you for abandoning me and jumping ship, but I want to tell you that my response to Patrick was completely honest and 100% how I felt.  I know it sounds like part of the "cycle", but it came out of a true, repentant, broken heart.  There is no reason I should have been so prideful.  I didn't have to agree with what was being said, but I didn't have to get so pridefully upset about it.  I don't blame you if you still want to stay away, but I would be honored if you would give me another chance even though I don't deserve it.  Think about it and do what you feel is best.  I will not be upset or offended either way.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2014, 11:04:17 AM »

Thank you, guys. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2014, 04:06:24 PM »

bushie why do you expect your elderly granny to wait on you?

is it a religious thing where women are supposed to wait on the menfolk?

I don't expect her to wait on me hand and foot as you claim in another thread, and I never meant that.  I'm sorry if it came across that way, but its not the case.  I will do my share of the housework, the laundry, etc.  She will teach me how to cook, and I will pitch in with the groceries.  I won't pay any rent, but I will pitch in for groceries and other things that I use.  I'm just going to live with her so I can have a place to stay closer to work.  I will take care for her and be there if she needs me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »

It's been a good day, guys.  I haven't done a whole lot, just watched football all day.  I have 9 nights and 8 days left until I start work.  I've got one more Sunday worship service tomorrow at my Tulsa church and then I have a fantasy basketball draft tomorrow evening at 1500.  I will be packing while I watch SNF tomorrow night and then I will pack my big computer Monday morning and hope to hit the road to my parents' by 0930.  I will go over to Grandma's tomorrow and set the computer up in the bedroom I will sleep in.  Then, I will go over to my mother's.  It looks like I won't have to go pants shopping as I have found 4 pair of slacks and khakis.  That will save a little bit of money and time.  We'll have our family dinners late next week and the beginning of the following week and then I'll start sleeping over at Grandma's on November 5.  Grandma's niece and nephew are coming in November 12-15, so I'll have to go back over to Mom and Dad's while they are here.  Then, it's just a short week and a half until Thanksgiving.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

I don't care what Gustaf has to say.  His accusations are completely false and inaccurate.  He has his right to live in fantasyland and he has his right to hate me.  The fact is that nobody is better than anybody else.  To say otherwise is prideful and utterly false.  I guess he not only does not wish I succeed, but he probably is rooting for me to fail.  What a guy!

The fact is I am trying my best to right the ship.  I've got a job, a good job, and I'm working to get out of my parents' checkbook.  Just because they are helping me out does not mean I am a horrible person or not as good as those who are self-sufficient.  I am a very prideful man and it is clear that Gustaf is a very prideful and angry child.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2014, 12:12:07 PM »

Kinda like Jacksonville vs. Oakland in the NFL.  Hard to say who is worse...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2014, 12:19:52 PM »

Short of actual criminals I can think of few people who are as bad as Bushie.

These are not mutually exclusive categories.  Remember AmeriPlan?

Did you have to stoop so low as to bring up something benign from 4 1/2 years ago and call me a criminal because of it?  You're just as bad as Inks by digging up old bones.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2014, 12:33:25 PM »

I'm going to pack things up and head home tonight.  Talk in a few hours.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »

I don't care what Gustaf has to say.  His accusations are completely false and inaccurate.  He has his right to live in fantasyland and he has his right to hate me.  The fact is that nobody is better than anybody else.  To say otherwise is prideful and utterly false.  I guess he not only does not wish I succeed, but he probably is rooting for me to fail.  What a guy!

The fact is I am trying my best to right the ship.  I've got a job, a good job, and I'm working to get out of my parents' checkbook.  Just because they are helping me out does not mean I am a horrible person or not as good as those who are self-sufficient.  I am a very prideful man and it is clear that Gustaf is a very prideful and angry child.

Wow, you have issues. Of course some people are better than others. People who care for their loved ones instead of being a burden to them, for example.

It's pretty rich that you think you can call yourself a man and me a child. I actually have a job and contribute to society. And my parents hardly ever pay anything for me. Which isn't a great achievement but it certainly makes me more of an adult than you.

This reflex of blaming other people and trying to take them down with your hate and anger instead of changing all your own flaws is very harmful for you. And it is decidedly un-Christian too.

I'm certainly not angry at you, because I don't care about you. I do find it perplexing that so many other people on here try to help and support someone even to the extent of offering to buy you things when you've done nothing to earn that.

Now, please name any false accusation I've made. The only one to do that here is you who out of the blue claim that I root for you to fail. And resorted to some weird name-calling on top of that.

On a final note, I find it amusing how quickly Bushie turns from sucking up to seething anger. That's a clear sign of a manipulative personality.

Thank you for at least being honest.  Let me first say that I am not angry and I am not out for blood.  My wish is to not take anybody down with me.

I have a lot of flaws.  I readily admit that.  I am trying to work through those.  God is working with me on those.  I admit that I'm a tough customer when it comes to changing, but I am trying.

The good news is that I do have a job and will start on November 3.  I take care of my family in a lot of ways and they take care of me in a lot of ways.  That's why we're a family.  They don't consider me a burden on them, even though there are times I feel like I am.  This job will pay quite well for a bachelor in Oklahoma.

I'm glad you're not "angry" at me and rest assured I am not "angry" with you.  I just have a hard time accepting insults and attacks pointed at me that sometimes I react in the same way when I know I shouldn't.  I'm trying to be more even-tempered.  Again, I'm a tough customer and I feel like God has to work overtime on me at times, but He is the only one equipped to changing me from the inside out.  My job is to be open to the changes He makes and actually adopt the changes.  He just asks me to be vulnerable and open to His direction and His guidance.  I feel good about where God has me right now, but He loves me too much to leave me there.  I've got a lot of work left before I'm the vessel He has called me to be.  I'll get there, it'll just take time.

Like I said before, I've always respected you as a poster and as a moderator and have always seen you as fair.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:01 PM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: October 26, 2014, 10:52:37 PM »

Let me say, God's grace and salvation is not a license to sin and I never take it as such.  Rather, it is freedom from sin.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #139 on: October 26, 2014, 11:05:05 PM »

You alright, Bushie?  You're going heavier on the Bible stuff than usual the past few days. 

I'm fine.  I just feel the need to defend my faith.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 26, 2014, 11:08:04 PM »

See, here is the problem. You say you know your flaws and want to work on them, etc. But then you characterize as insults and attacks people pointing these things out. Your life is getting worse, not better because you continue to act the same way. A lot of people here derive entertainment from your failures so they continue to encourage it. Others are saintly enough to actually try and give you constructive advice on how to improve. This latter group tends to be the most critical of you, which should tell you something.

Whether your job pays well is irrelevant, firstly because you'll soon lose it like you lose every other job. That's not due to bad luck it's because of who you are and you clearly won't change. Secondly, your lifestyle is so irresponsible I doubt any income could sustain you.

Lastly, your blasphemous abuse of God's name is a shame on Christianity. You use it for selfish and manipulative purposes and as an excuse to continue your behaviour. It's frankly offensive to real Christians and would probably be sufficient for sending you to hell even without all your other countless sins.

To be honest, I am actually excited where my life is right now.  Sure, its not where I had hoped it would be, but I can see good things in the very near future.

Why don't you give me a chance to prove myself on this job instead of already writing me off before I even begin?  Sound like a good idea?

Thank goodness for grace.  God's grace is all I need to cover EVERY sin I commit past, present, and future.  It is by God's grace that I will enter heaven.  I know for an absolute certainty that my home and my destination is heaven.  I do not have to worry about being separated from God for eternity in hell.  There's nothing, absolutely nothing, that can change that, because I can never lose my salvation no matter what I do.  The same goes for anyone who accepts Christ as their personal Savior and Lord.  The Baptist phrase "once saved, always saved" is guaranteed fact.  You can take it to the bank.

Please don't use the word 'fact' in this context...

I can see what you're saying.  I believe it very strongly, but I know that other denominations don't believe it.  I just don't think God wants us to worry whether or not we are saved at any particular moment or whether one sin dooms us.  If we have to worry, we can't effectively serve Him because our minds are preoccupied.  If we don't have to worry, then we can put everything we have into serving Him because our minds are not worried that one sin can doom us for all eternity.  I suppose it is not fact, in the truest sense of the word.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2014, 06:47:11 AM »

I'm not in a position to give you chances. I don't affect your life one way or the other. Given that you've failed every past job and refuse to change I can predict the same thing will happen now, but my opinion makes no difference to the outcome.

And you're not getting God's grace. You're following false prophets and you know how that ends!

How about we let God decide that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2014, 08:48:52 AM »

Bushie, do you have a clear idea of what the Rapture is going to be like?  I remember in Bill Maher's movie some lady said that she will literally be riding to heaven on a white horse.  I mean... to even know the color of the horse...

I don't know exactly, but I believe it will occur at the Battle of Armageddon when the world's army has pushed the Israeli army to the brink of elimination.  Jesus, who is Israel's Savior, will come down at the last moment riding in on a white horse and every Christian around the world will ascend into the air toward Jesus and the White Horse, receive their transformed bodies, and fight with Jesus and defeat the world's army and rescue Israel.  The Christians will then go into heaven without having tasted death, and the world will be ushered into the 1,000 year reign of Jesus when Satan is bound and put in prison for 1,000 years and all the world governments will be overthrown and the entire world will be ruled by Jesus and His church, the ones He raptured.  During that 1,000 years there will be not one war and there really will be peace on earth, good will toward men.  At the end of the 1,000 years, Satan will be loosed to wreak havoc for a season and then be permanently cast into the lake of fire.

I realize it seems like a fairy tale and I may be wrong on some aspects of this, but this is how I envision it to take place.  I'm not going to be silly and claim I'm right and everybody else is wrong, because the only one to know exactly how it will happen is God Himself.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »

With the Israelis cornered in a weird ground war for some reason against the entire world, Israel's Savior™ Jesus will come down at the last moment before their destruction to save a bunch Bible Belters in the USA, but leaving the Jews to perish.

All in the next 7-10 years or your money back!

Perhaps I should clarify entire world.  It's unclear if the United States will be involved.  From what I can tell, it will be mainly a Russian-led war with several forces joined in including Iran and many other Middle-Eastern countries.  The Biblical Gog and Magog will lead the war and those places are modern-day Russia.  While nobody knows for sure, but I think it is very possible that Vladimir Putin could be the Antichrist.  That is nothing more than an educated guess on my part.  I do believe the Antichrist will come from Europe, whether it is Putin or not.  (It is not Obama, despite what many stupid conservatives believe.)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2014, 09:22:33 AM »

Anyway, let's change the subject for a bit.  I heard from the Great Russ Powers of Oklahoma today congratulating me on landing the job!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2014, 09:25:47 AM »

Anyway, let's change the subject for a bit.  I heard from the Great Russ Powers of Oklahoma today congratulating me on landing the job!!

He's going to be so disappointed in a few weeks.

He knows it's only a contract job, so he will be expecting an e-mail with that news in the next few months.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2014, 10:49:18 AM »

Is it appropriate to post a photo of someone without their permission?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2014, 11:08:46 AM »

Is it appropriate to post a photo of someone without their permission?

His facebook profile is public........all public, so it's fair game.

Okay, I was just checking.  That's why I didn't officially report it.  I was just asking a question.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »

So far, neither the drug test nor the background check have come back, yet.  There is still time before 1700 EDT for them to come in today.  My recruiter is in Maryland, so I have to go by Eastern Time with this stuff.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2014, 11:18:02 AM »

So far, neither the drug test nor the background check have come back, yet.  There is still time before 1700 EDT for them to come in today.  My recruiter is in Maryland, so I have to go by Eastern Time with this stuff.

It concerns me you haven't received the material either.

When I talked to her on Thursday, she said it could be either Friday or Monday and she seemed to be emphasizing Monday.  It's just now lunch time in the east so there's plenty of time before 1700 ET today.  When I talked to her this morning, she said it should be today, but could be early Tuesday.  I'm not concerned.  I'm just staying the course and trying not to bug her.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies