Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:02:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 153009 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #425 on: November 19, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »

Well, the day is over!!  The power looks like it will be off all day.  All the contractors have been given the rest of the day off.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #426 on: November 19, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »

Well, a power outage really would put the brakes on things. We lost our internet a few weeks ago, and I was pretty helpless. But Gramps is right, Jeff -- you seem to have a celebratory attitude about such things: snow days, power outages, etc. Those are bad things, you realize, because they're a total loss in productivity at a job AND hurting you financially, right?

Oh, and the Christmas thing ... not "wrong," but incredibly socially strange. You are an extreme outlier, sort of like if a 40-year-old only dated 16-year-olds because it was technically legal in his state. AND he makes a big deal about it. Not wrong. Just plain weird.

What are you doing to live your fullest for Jesus today and further his kingdom?

Perhaps the celebratory attitude was a bit excessive.  I should not have put the two exclamation points on there.  Whoops.  I spent the day about like I did last Wednesday when I was off for the headache - napping.  I decided to wake up because 1) I want to sleep tonight and 2) I am going to church in a few hours for dinner and the final Wednesday night service before Thanksgiving and the Advent Season.  Next week we are having our midweek service on Tuesday, a special Thanksgiving service, so families can have Wednesday night with family or preparing for the feast on Thursday or what not.  We are having our all church Thanksgiving Dinner this Sunday at 1700.  Last year's dinner was canceled due to wintry weather.  This time looks either dry or maybe just rain.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2014, 05:09:17 PM »

Bushie, how much do you sleep per day on average? Do you consider this normal and nothing to be ashamed of as well?

When I'm working a full day and sometimes even on weekends, I sleep on average 7.5-9.0 hours sleep.  I normally only take a 2 - 2.5 hour nap once a week.  Last Wednesday and today were completely abnormal.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #428 on: November 19, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »

bushie can you confirm that your very elderly grandmother was busy cooking your supper while you napped?

We didn't have supper together this evening.  She went to church and I was going to go to church, but I needed a new office chair in my room at Grandma's because the one that was in here was wreaking havoc on my back and was not ergonomically friendly in any way, shape, or form.  I voiced this to Mom and this evening Dad and I went to Office Depot to get a new chair and we decided to have supper next door at McAllister's Deli.  I had a four cheese grille sandwich.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #429 on: November 19, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »

bushie can you confirm that your very elderly grandmother was busy cooking your supper while you napped?

We didn't have supper together this evening.  She went to church and I was going to go to church, but I needed a new office chair in my room at Grandma's because the one that was in here was wreaking havoc on my back and was not ergonomically friendly in any way, shape, or form.  I voiced this to Mom and this evening Dad and I went to Office Depot to get a new chair and we decided to have supper next door at McAllister's Deli.  I had a four cheese grille sandwich.

I assume your parents forked out for this egonomic chair? Was is the most expensive, therefore, best in the store?

Yes, they bought it.  It was actually the cheapest in the store, by a sizeable margin.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #430 on: November 19, 2014, 08:40:38 PM »

Once again it's looking like it's more expensive to keep Bushie employed than not.

Would you rather my back completely go out on me in a chair that doesn't fit me?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #431 on: November 19, 2014, 08:45:06 PM »

You know what, guys, I am not going to spend another night being yelled at for every little, insignificant thing.  I'm too good for that.  Have a nice night.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: November 19, 2014, 09:27:49 PM »

You know what, guys, I am not going to spend another night being yelled at for every little, insignificant thing.  I'm too good for that.  Have a nice night.

Typical.. You get called out, know that we are right, and just leave. Go ahead, go back to sleep. It's really quite sad and pathetic. Maybe, just maybe one of these days you will get your life on track and understand what it's like to really live life.

You are not at all right.  I do not nap all the time.  Besides, 2 hour naps are acceptable and normal on weekends.  I said this last night but no one ever believes me for some stupid reason.  My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Oh, and Indy, this chair was on sale for $79.99.  All the other chairs were $117.99 and north.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #433 on: November 19, 2014, 09:49:06 PM »

Once again it's looking like it's more expensive to keep Bushie employed than not.

Would you rather my back completely go out on me in a chair that doesn't fit me?

I'd rather you took care of your health and lost enough weight so you stand normal, human-style activities like sitting without hurting yourself. Alas, that won't happen, will it?

That takes time and needs to happen.  I needed relief IMMEDIATELY.  I can't lose 100 pounds overnight.  I'm going bowling Saturday night and I don't need a painful back while I bowl.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #434 on: November 19, 2014, 10:13:01 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2014, 10:14:49 PM by Christmas Bushie 2014 »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Jeff, you're no doubt tolerating existence (I hesitate to call it a life, aside from what seems like a warm family life), but enjoying? How are you OK with these things:

- Your "great job" is a temp / contract position where you've missed 25 percent at least in less than three weeks. Granted, some of that wasn't your fault ... but some was. That means less money out of an already low-paying job (there's nothing wrong with the position itself ... it's just not allowing you to even get close to self-sufficiency based on the setup and the way you're treating it.)

- You are totally reliant on your family to care for you. If you are indeed mentally sound, as you claim, you should be ashamed and be working your ass off to get out from that situation (instead of napping, watching sports, etc.).

- You are in awful health. You're not a "big boy" and OK (that, by the way, is what obese children say to themselves because an idiot doting mother has said it to them) ... you're an obese adult who sees the truth staring him in the face and turns to another greasy cheeseburger to drown out the thought of doing anything to help yourself.

- Again, health. It's so bad that it impacts every single thing you do. Too tired to do much at any time (your weight is impacting your energy level and you very likely have sleep apnea because of your fat chest weighing on your lungs). You can't even sit without threat of injury.

- One more time -- health. You're not worried about it? Look in the mirror. Try to do 10 jumping jacks. Sit without hurting yourself. Try to spot your dick without looking in a mirror. Sleepy yet? Probably ... and it ought to worry the hell out of you.

I've come back to this so many times and you simply ignore it, but I don't understand how someone who can claim to "do everything I can to further God's kingdom" can justify the type of lifestyle you have.

You really think your God is OK with you being a sloth? When I ask you "what have you done to further God's kingdom today," I don't mean attending a church dinner or some cursory scan of a Bible. I mean what have you done to improve yourself so you can help others?

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #435 on: November 19, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Jeff, you're no doubt tolerating existence (I hesitate to call it a life, aside from what seems like a warm family life), but enjoying? How are you OK with these things:

- Your "great job" is a temp / contract position where you've missed 25 percent at least in less than three weeks. Granted, some of that wasn't your fault ... but some was. That means less money out of an already low-paying job (there's nothing wrong with the position itself ... it's just not allowing you to even get close to self-sufficiency based on the setup and the way you're treating it.)

- You are totally reliant on your family to care for you. If you are indeed mentally sound, as you claim, you should be ashamed and be working your ass off to get out from that situation (instead of napping, watching sports, etc.).

- You are in awful health. You're not a "big boy" and OK (that, by the way, is what obese children say to themselves because an idiot doting mother has said it to them) ... you're an obese adult who sees the truth staring him in the face and turns to another greasy cheeseburger to drown out the thought of doing anything to help yourself.

- Again, health. It's so bad that it impacts every single thing you do. Too tired to do much at any time (your weight is impacting your energy level and you very likely have sleep apnea because of your fat chest weighing on your lungs). You can't even sit without threat of injury.

- One more time -- health. You're not worried about it? Look in the mirror. Try to do 10 jumping jacks. Sit without hurting yourself. Try to spot your dick without looking in a mirror. Sleepy yet? Probably ... and it ought to worry the hell out of you.

I've come back to this so many times and you simply ignore it, but I don't understand how someone who can claim to "do everything I can to further God's kingdom" can justify the type of lifestyle you have.

You really think your God is OK with you being a sloth? When I ask you "what have you done to further God's kingdom today," I don't mean attending a church dinner or some cursory scan of a Bible. I mean what have you done to improve yourself so you can help others?

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.

Whether I count it as a full day or not doesn't matter. Did they pay you for it. That's what matters.

And I have no doubt you enjoy your life ... for reasons that harm others. Taking advantage of others. Contributing little to nothing. That's enjoyable, when all your basic needs are met and you don't have to do much of anything to ensure they are. Enjoyable does not equal right, and you know it.

Also, you ignored the health pieces entirely. Your back giving out WHILE YOU SIT should be a screaming wake-up call to you. You are a walking health nightmare and your complete acceptance of it WILL KILL YOU. That should make you care. Sadly, you show no concern whatsoever.

See, this is why I don't enjoy Update any more.  This makes me seem like a bad guy who is purposefully abusing my family.  I can tell you my motives and intentions are pure.  I don't purposefully take advantage of anyone.  I love and care for everyone, almost to a fault.  Anybody you talk to would say the same things about me.  Am I misguided sometimes?  Of course I am.  They would tell you they are too, sometimes.

I did not ignore the health pieces at all.  I said things are not perfect and there are things I would like to and need to change.  That answers all the questions right there.  I don't need to elaborate on every subject.  You'll find whatever you can wrong with what I say and lambast me for it tomorrow night.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #436 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.

Whether I count it as a full day or not doesn't matter. Did they pay you for it. That's what matters.

And I have no doubt you enjoy your life ... for reasons that harm others. Taking advantage of others. Contributing little to nothing. That's enjoyable, when all your basic needs are met and you don't have to do much of anything to ensure they are. Enjoyable does not equal right, and you know it.

Also, you ignored the health pieces entirely. Your back giving out WHILE YOU SIT should be a screaming wake-up call to you. You are a walking health nightmare and your complete acceptance of it WILL KILL YOU. That should make you care. Sadly, you show no concern whatsoever.

See, this is why I don't enjoy Update any more.  This makes me seem like a bad guy who is purposefully abusing my family.  I can tell you my motives and intentions are pure.  I don't purposefully take advantage of anyone.  I love and care for everyone, almost to a fault.  Anybody you talk to would say the same things about me.  Am I misguided sometimes?  Of course I am.  They would tell you they are too, sometimes.

I did not ignore the health pieces at all.  I said things are not perfect and there are things I would like to and need to change.  That answers all the questions right there.  I don't need to elaborate on every subject.  You'll find whatever you can wrong with what I say and lambast me for it tomorrow night.

If you know things aren't perfect, CHANGE THEM. You insist on whiling away your hours napping, watching sports and gaining weight! You'd never have a goddamn back issue today if you had shown a single shred of dignity, self-worth and follow-through yesterday!

Do you love your family? No doubt. Are you a burden because of poor choices you made and continue to make? They'll never tell you that, but yes. You are. Again, IF you are indeed mentally sound, you are putting an undue burden on a family that can't afford it.

Your poor choices cost your family nearly $100 today to tend to your poor back. That's cause and effect, Jeff. Doesn't that make you feel bad? Because five years ago, you made a conscious choice to treat your body badly and never do more than talk about change, you cost your family money today. And in your failure to change your lifestyle or do anything more than "plan," you will continue to effect them in ways you don't want or intend.

I'm not going to go there.  Like I said, you'll twist whatever I say in response and attack me for it tomorrow night.  I do many, many things correctly.  I don't do everything wrong.  I am far from perfect, but I am not a horrible, good-for-nothing, family-abusing creep like you seem to suggest.

Now, can I close update without being accused of taking the easy way out?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies