KY: SUSA: McConnell +1 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:03:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  KY: SUSA: McConnell +1 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY: SUSA: McConnell +1  (Read 4028 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: October 20, 2014, 05:17:21 PM »

Impossible. This race is already over! Grimes is a horrible candidate! Not saying who you voted for = Watergate! She's disqualified! Triage her now! Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »

I guess that McConnell +8 poll really was an outlier.

Here's the problem with Kentucky at the moment...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/ky/kentucky_senate_mcconnell_vs_grimes-3485.html

Ipsos and SurveyUSA are the only credible pollsters that are currently included in the average, and the Ipsos poll is from over a month ago. McConnell's "comfortable lead" is built on the foundation of Ras, YouGov, and FOX. Not exactly something I'd be comfortable building my house on.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2014/senate/ky/kentucky_senate_mcconnell_vs_grimes-3485.html

Ipsos and SurveyUSA are the only credible pollsters that are currently included in the average, and the Ipsos poll is from over a month ago. McConnell's "comfortable lead" is built on the foundation of Ras, YouGov, and FOX. Not exactly something I'd be comfortable building my house on.

Yeah, but on the other hand, SUSA is basically the only legitimate polling firm (I don't count Magellan) to show Grimes ahead the entire campaign.

That's true, SUSA does have its quirks in certain states. But I'd still take them any day over the aforementioned three.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 06:20:48 PM »

Why would the DSCC pull their Senate money out of a one-point race unless their internals are showing a larger margin. If SUSA is correct, I expect the DSCC or a likewise advocacy group invest heavily in KY.

Because the DSCC cares more about muh incumbency and trying to save Pryor's doomed campaign, apparently.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »

A swing of three points to McConnell (with undecideds obviously going to break for The Leader) and the Dems still think they have a decent shot here. Too precious.

A drop of sweat gradually forms on Keystone Phil's forehead as the most credible Kentucky pollster in over a month shows the turtle up a single point...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies