NH: YouGov: Shaheen leads by three in poll for UMass Amherst (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 Senatorial Election Polls
  NH: YouGov: Shaheen leads by three in poll for UMass Amherst (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH: YouGov: Shaheen leads by three in poll for UMass Amherst  (Read 2594 times)
Recalcuate

« on: October 20, 2014, 06:01:42 PM »

"Democrat does worse than expected -- must be garbage"

Yep, this poll pretty much confirms the other polls that have Shaheen leading by three. It must be a junk poll. Shaheen should be leading by 10 solely because she's a Democrat. Democrats are good. Pollsters showing Democrats with a small lead are junk. /sarcasm

In the real world, it's Shaheen's race to lose before this poll was released and Shaheen's race to lose now. The race however, has tightened.
Recalcuate

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 06:03:17 PM »

So the Democrats can safely pull all their money out of New Hampshire now since you've declared it "safe?"

Try lean D instead.
Recalcuate

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 06:06:14 PM »

Guys, polls with a sample size of 300 and a margin of error of 7% are not good. I don't care who is leading. Stop embarrassing yourselves by whining about every perceived instance of hackery.

You're right on the sample size. However, this just is another data point that confirms a tightening in this race. Again, it's Shaheen's race to lose, but Brown has made it interesting.
Recalcuate

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 06:17:18 PM »

Brown's internals show him down 9 FWIW
So all that third-party money is flowing out of New Hampshire to other states, right? NH is getting abandoned by the Republicans like Michigan? Give me a break.
Recalcuate

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 06:18:58 PM »

He didn't. He's about as hooked in with the Brown campaign as I am with Kate Upton's phone number.
Recalcuate

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 06:29:45 PM »

So all that third-party money is flowing out of New Hampshire to other states, right? NH is getting abandoned by the Republicans like Michigan? Give me a break.

Why don't you take your 59-post experience and leave. You know nothing about politics. Go do your algebra homework.

Sorry, KC Dem, I've moved on to trigonometry. Pre-Calculus is next. Seriously?

We're supposed to believe a "tweet" from a Democrat about how a "Republican internal" has Brown is losing a the race by nine where every pollster that has queried the state in October has Brown down by six or less.

Meanwhile, millions are spent on ads. Come on guys, I've got a bridge to sell you, if you believe that. If this were true, the Republican money would have moved elsewhere, much like it did in Michigan.

Again, this is Shaheen's race to lose at this point. Brown has simply made it interesting.
Recalcuate

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 06:45:53 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 06:56:59 PM by Recalcuate »

Why don't you take your 59-post experience and leave. You know nothing about politics. Go do your algebra homework.

Sorry, KC Dem, I've moved on to trigonometry. Pre-Calculus is next. Seriously?

We're supposed to believe a "tweet" from a Democrat about how a "Republican internal" has Brown is losing a the race by nine where every pollster that has queried the state in October has Brown down by six or less.

Meanwhile, millions are spent on ads. Come on guys, I've got a bridge to sell you, if you believe that. If this were true, the Republican money would have moved elsewhere, much like it did in Michigan.

Again, this is Shaheen's race to lose at this point. Brown has simply made it interesting.

The Republican money is still in NH because the air isn't saturated and the race is closer than Michigan. The Republicans are running out of ways to take the Senate so they are desperately trying to compete is races that favor the Democrats.

You'd make a great Baghdad Bob, you know that?

538 has the Republicans with a 63-37 chance of taking the Senate.
The New York Times has it at 66-34.
The Washington Post has it at like 93%.

The later two aren't exactly Republican-leaning publications.

It must be that algebra that you claim I am taking, BUT there seems like there's math and what you truly believe in your head.

IF Brown wins (and that's a huge IF), the Republicans will have 54 or 55 Senators in the next Congress. You can bank on that. This is not a must-have state for the Republicans right now.

And I'll say it again. These polls show tightening in the New Hampshire Senate race. It's still Shaheen's race to lose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies