NV: Global Strategy Group: Sandoval near 70% (!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:54:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  NV: Global Strategy Group: Sandoval near 70% (!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NV: Global Strategy Group: Sandoval near 70% (!)  (Read 35388 times)
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« on: October 23, 2014, 06:15:26 PM »

If this is correct Sandoval might end up having the highest margin of victory of any governor.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:30:43 PM »

The GOP Governor before Sandoval also won re-election with nearly 70%, so it's certainly possible.

Interesting. Though that was before Nevada turned into a heavily Democratic state though. In my opinion, Sandoval definitely looks stronger and more well-positioned than Christie right now. Though Sandoval isn't a bully like Christie, so Christie will still probably do better in a GOP primary.

Btw, this might be a post-Tesla bump for Sandoval.

Sandoval is also pro-choice and relatively pro-gay rights, I mean, I like him too, but in a GOP primary he's basically dead.

He'd be a great VP pick though.

I thought in 2012 he'd have been the best VP pick for Romney, and I think I was definitely right.
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 07:19:18 AM »

I thought in 2012 he'd have been the best VP pick for Romney, and I think I was definitely right.

Reality check:  The GOP base will never accept a pro-choicer anywhere near the presidential ticket.

How much opposition have you seen from national Republicans to the candidacy of Scott Brown, who not only is pro-choice but favors an assault weapons ban? (Hint: none).

Republican voters are nothing if not tribal. See Pat Robertson's ill-timed endorsement of Rudy Giuliani in 2007. Also see how all the Republicans were hailing Romney as the second coming of Ronald Reagan during the fall of 2012, after his difficult primary performance due to his alleged squishiness.

The reaction amongst the GOP base to Romney's picking a pro-choice VP nominee would be "We told you there's no 'War on Women'!" (Another reason why he'd be an effective choice that year).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies