ME-02: Maine Sunday Telegram (by UNH): Poliquin (R) +1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:21:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 House Election Polls
  ME-02: Maine Sunday Telegram (by UNH): Poliquin (R) +1
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME-02: Maine Sunday Telegram (by UNH): Poliquin (R) +1  (Read 1691 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 26, 2014, 11:11:53 PM »
« edited: October 26, 2014, 11:13:27 PM by cinyc »

Maine Sunday Telegram (Press-Herald) Poll (by UNH):
Poliquin (R) 41%
Cain (D) 40%
Richardson (I) 8%
Undecided 9%

October 15-21; 291 LV; MoE +/- 5.5.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »

Is there some substantive difference between Poliquin and Richardson that necessitates the latter's continued candidacy? I could understand if Raye were the nominee, but having two Tea Party candidates in a center-left district is frustratingly counterproductive.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 11:26:56 PM »

I have noticed that Republicans seem to be rather self centered. Very rarely do they put cause ahead of personal ambition, unlike Democrats. See NJ 2002 and MO 2012 for two prime examples from each side.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:43 PM »

I have noticed that Republicans seem to be rather self centered. Very rarely do they put cause ahead of personal ambition, unlike Democrats. See NJ 2002 and MO 2012 for two prime examples from each side.

I suppose what surprises me is not so much that Richardson is still running but that anyone is supporting him. Although, I suspect in reality, Richardson's support is not so much from people who think Poliquin is too liberal (as Richardson does) as from people frustrated by both major candidates.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 11:36:49 PM »

I suppose what surprises me is not so much that Richardson is still running but that anyone is supporting him. Although, I suspect in reality, Richardson's support is not so much from people who think Poliquin is too liberal (as Richardson does) as from people frustrated by both major candidates.

And yet their frustration will create a self-fullfilling prophesy by ensuring perpetual disappointment. I am reminded of when I was listening to a radio program, the one that used to be on before Wild Bill Cuningham here in NC on Sundays, based out of Tennessee. Describing how Zach Wamp and another conservative were both running and that because neither refused to get out for the other, it ensured the nominated of what he termed to be a rino in Bill Haslaam. Of course I disagree with the assessment of Haslaam, but the example is the same.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 07:16:55 AM »

The thing is, even if the GOP were to pickup this seat, what are the odds they would hold it in '16? It's the same thing with the two competitive House races in MA.
Mr.Phips
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:58:04 PM »

The thing is, even if the GOP were to pickup this seat, what are the odds they would hold it in '16? It's the same thing with the two competitive House races in MA.

This seat would be a two year rental for the GOP.  Polquin is too conservative to held on here long term.  With someone like Kevin Raye, the GOP might have been able to win and hold the seat for more than a term.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 04:04:31 PM »

Still holding out hope for Troy Jackson in 2016. Cain is more suited towards a statewide run.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »

Still holding out hope for Troy Jackson in 2016. Cain is more suited towards a statewide run.
GaussLaw
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 06:42:37 PM »

It's pretty simple.  Audacious Epigone pointed out that liberals, as diverse as they are, are basically a "hive minds" on issues and how to win.  Conservatives, on the other hand, were described ideologically as "a herd of cats", with a whole host of different philosophies, objectives, and strategies.  I don't know if he's completely right, but the Dems are far more disciplined.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »

Atlasia is afflicted with a severe case of amnesia: don't trust UNH polls or district polls, ever.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies