Opinion of BRTD (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of BRTD (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 69

Author Topic: Opinion of BRTD  (Read 1732 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 28, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »

Overrated but a solid poster.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 09:58:02 AM »

I'll add that I did like him better before he became a "Christian".  Ugh.

I think the fact that BRTD has gotten wrapped up in a church that would appeal to hardcore punk rockers who like Dudefest has been pretty awesome/funny.  And it's very obvious that this type of church is one where the members keep their religious fantasies to themselves, nor do they let them affect their political opinions all that much.  In fact, the only thing that has seemed to be warped by it is his opinion of Family Guy Christian bashing jokes.  A BRTD religious is certainly more bearable (by a long shot) to a Bushie or jmfcst-type religious (talking IRL, not Atlas).
No this is actually quite incorrect. It's a big influence on our politics, just not in the right wing way, think of how I recently mentioned how popular Upworthy seems to be amongst my church based on Facebook shares, and how our sermons often resemble Upworthy videos just with some biblical references thrown in. It's a definite influence on politics, but of a progressive social justice warrior type, not the raging fundamentalist type. Think of how my scene will talk about racial, gender, sexual and environmental issues in Tumblr-esque terminology, and then add a Christian bent to it, and you have the idea.

And keeping it to ourselves? Not at all. My crowd are far more likely to go around talking about Jesus or how God has touched them and changed them than someone like say your typical over 50 Catholic who opposes gay marriage and doesn't eat meat on Friday but generally is pretty quiet about that stuff. Combine that with above, and you can get things like the person in 2012 who claimed that God obviously wants Obama to be President instead of the non-Christian herectic who supports policies completely out of touch of the teachings of Jesus like Mitt Romney (and believes Paul Ryan is a closet atheist because he chose to follow Rand instead of Christ) and you have a good idea.

But super-thanks for the kind words otherwise!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies