NJ-03: Stockton Poll: MacArthur (R) +5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:59:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2014 House Election Polls
  NJ-03: Stockton Poll: MacArthur (R) +5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-03: Stockton Poll: MacArthur (R) +5  (Read 2219 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 29, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »
« edited: October 29, 2014, 08:18:17 PM by cinyc »

Stockton Poll of NJ-03:
MacArthur (R) 46%
Belgard (D) 41%
Undecided 8%

Oct. 25-28; 617 LV; MoE +/-3.9.

Stockton's last poll in mid-September found the race tied at 42.
KCDem

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 07:24:17 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2014, 07:29:30 PM by KCDem »

Belgard is only winning 75% of Democrats in this poll. Throw it in the trash.

Also Booker leads by 9 in the same sample which means he is on track to deliver a good thrashing statewide. (Obama won the district by 5).
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »
« Edited: October 29, 2014, 08:23:03 PM by cinyc »

Also Booker leads by 9 in the same sample which means he is on track to deliver a good thrashing statewide. (Obama won the district by 5).

Where do you see that?  It's not in Stockton's write-up.
KCDem

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 08:51:50 PM »

Where do you see that?  It's not in Stockton's write-up.

http://intraweb.stockton.edu/eyos/hughescenter/content/docs/Polling/2014%20Polling/CD3%20poll%202%20WFs-2014-1029.pdf
njwes
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:24:08 PM »

In NJ, I don't see the idea of 15 or 20% of Dems voting Republican in a House election as particularly far-fetched.
KCDem

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »

In NJ, I don't see the idea of 15 or 20% of Dems voting Republican in a House election as particularly far-fetched.

Evidence, please.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 07:50:20 PM »

This is about what I would expect. It's a GOP-leaning district.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 10:28:34 PM »

Evidence, please.

Pretty sure LoBiondo has to get numbers like that in his district for his large victories, and Runyan ran a solid few points ahead of Romney as well. South NJ has a culture of this.
KCDem

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:30:47 PM »

Evidence, please.

Pretty sure LoBiondo has to get numbers like that in his district for his large victories, and Runyan ran a solid few points ahead of Romney as well. South NJ has a culture of this.

LoBiondo is a well-known and respected incumbent. McArthur is an unknown.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 10:37:36 PM »

It's gerrymandered to include too many Republicans in Ocean County. If it was just contained to Burlington County, with parts of Mercer, as it should be, MacArthur wouldn't have a prayer.  But, as it stands it's not a fair map, so these are the results you get.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 12:57:01 AM »

Evidence, please.

LoBiondo is a well-known and respected incumbent. McArthur is an unknown.

Fair enough. We'll see who's right soon enough.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 09:05:44 AM »

It's not, unfortunately.  New Jersey independents and liberals are still under some delusion that our Republicans are moderate.  On social issues and gun rights, yes, they are.  On economic matters, not so much... just as bad as any national Republican.  I was out of the loop for a while, living in Chicago and then San Diego, so apparently Jon Runyan wasn't THAT bad, but this MacArthur seems like a real bastard, with all his nonsense about "free market solutions" to problems such as equal pay for women.  What trash. 
njwes
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 03:24:14 PM »

It's not, unfortunately.  New Jersey independents and liberals are still under some delusion that our Republicans are moderate.  On social issues and gun rights, yes, they are.  On economic matters, not so much... just as bad as any national Republican.  I was out of the loop for a while, living in Chicago and then San Diego, so apparently Jon Runyan wasn't THAT bad, but this MacArthur seems like a real bastard, with all his nonsense about "free market solutions" to problems such as equal pay for women.  What trash. 

There's a lot in your post I find objectionable. But just to keep it simple: our Republicans are moderate, Garrett excepted.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 05:59:44 PM »

There's a lot in your post I find objectionable. But just to keep it simple: our Republicans are moderate, Garrett excepted.

Opposition to a bill that would guarantee equal pay for women is NOT moderate.  MacArthur doesn't want to take government action on any economic matters, saying we need "free market solutions" (it's mentioned 3-4 times on their mail flyer).  That's just code for "do nothing" and keep the good times going for the wealthy (his financial backers/puppetmasters).  I know you Republicans like it very much when your darling rich people get richer, but I live in the real world.  MacArthur is, on economic matters, as right wing as you will find in the Western world.  It sickens me that this piece of trash is probably going to end up representing me.  Hopefully the 2016 turnout will keep his stay in Congress brief. 
njwes
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 07:26:48 PM »

Opposition to a bill that would guarantee equal pay for women is NOT moderate.  MacArthur doesn't want to take government action on any economic matters, saying we need "free market solutions" (it's mentioned 3-4 times on their mail flyer).  That's just code for "do nothing" and keep the good times going for the wealthy (his financial backers/puppetmasters).  I know you Republicans like it very much when your darling rich people get richer, but I live in the real world.  MacArthur is, on economic matters, as right wing as you will find in the Western world.  It sickens me that this piece of trash is probably going to end up representing me.  Hopefully the 2016 turnout will keep his stay in Congress brief. 

I was more referring to your idea that NJ independents and liberals are "delusional." I grant that MacArthur will be quite conservative for NJ, and I'm surprised he was chosen. I don't think I could vote for him. Still, I wouldn't be so hateful and personal in your comments about individual politicians who haven't done anything awful--save that for Lonegan.

Also: regarding MacArthur's "financial backers/puppetmasters," he's overwhelmingly self-financed.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 01:04:27 PM »

I was more referring to your idea that NJ independents and liberals are "delusional." I grant that MacArthur will be quite conservative for NJ, and I'm surprised he was chosen. I don't think I could vote for him. Still, I wouldn't be so hateful and personal in your comments about individual politicians who haven't done anything awful--save that for Lonegan.

Also: regarding MacArthur's "financial backers/puppetmasters," he's overwhelmingly self-financed.

The GOP has earned that one, bud.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies