The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:11:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The CrabCake Bureau of Funny Post Archival  (Read 238406 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: November 07, 2014, 06:30:47 PM »

Disgusting. 

Hopefully the SCOUTS takes the case, and that might just be the end of the debate in the country.

That won't be the best strategy - the SCOUTS have had to be dragged kicking and screaming into the world of tolerance toward gays.  If you want SSM, you won't want them to weigh in on it.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 09:15:27 PM »

Context

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 02:38:12 PM »

memphis is a staggeringly terrible poster in general but that post did make me chuckle.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 03:02:10 PM »
« Edited: December 24, 2014, 03:05:12 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

I mean, admittedly, when it comes to memphis, if I shared his, well, views--and I mean the full extent of them, not just the fact that he's an atheist--I'd probably feel a sense of affinity with him and desire to defend him too. I doubt Grumps shares said views to the same extent that Joe does.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 01:19:37 AM »

Other than religion, the only other issue I can think of that Memphis would upset anybody over is gender issues, and we all know that Grumps is far worse than him on that.

That is the other reason why he is gross and horrible, yes. I could figure out without having to be told that Grumps says the nasty and otherwise questionable things about gender issues that he does because he thinks a lot of us are self-righteous pious sticks-in-the-mud and wants to rib us for it. Not a way I particularly like to be treated, personally, but it doesn't gravely bother or offend me either. memphis, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any tendency towards that sort of subtlety, or playfulness to be honest, and appears to say what he says because his views genuinely are that rebarbative. And really, as for the first reason, I hardly think one has to be religious oneself to think that the degree to which memphis is antireligious and the kind of rhetoric that he uses to discuss the subject (in the past I've responded mostly to his sweeping and oversimplifying generalizations but I think the language of disease that he sometimes uses is actually a lot more disconcerting than the generalizations could ever be) go a lot further than is really reasonable.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 02:09:53 AM »
« Edited: December 25, 2014, 02:12:56 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

I can't quite tell when you're going to stop editing your post (or deleting and reposting it) for long enough for me to do so.

As with so much else that I'm anal about, just wait twenty minutes or so and it's generally a safe bet that my mind has wandered elsewhere.

Sigged. Merry Christmas.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 06:07:03 PM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 11:46:54 PM »

There's a certain fairly basic but perhaps non-obvious fact about the internal construction of this post that makes it one of the most unintentionally funny things I've ever seen on this forum, rather than merely a very bad and stupid post. I say what this fact is in the thread it's in.

As our President frequently says, Let me be clear. I do not in any way condone either rape or rapists. Suggesting otherwise is an extremely ugly allegation. Anybody who is serious about being "anti-rape" would by definition need to also be anti-religious. The power dynamic of religious authority leads to sexual exploitation more often than many of you are willing to believe. You literally know not what you do when defend the indefensible.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 08:08:02 PM »

A convenient way to avoid getting into arguments in mixed company.  Is dispensing with the Oxford comma proper grammar? Let the states decide. Is it acceptable to wear white after Labor Day? Let the states decide. Can God be reconciled with our experience of an apparently flawed universe? Let the states decide.

Just remember to phrase the sentiment according to the company you keep (e.g. among certain groups it might be better to talk about how we should "empower the states to decide").
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »

Way out west there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Jeff Brown. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Brown, he called himself ""Bushie". Now, "Bushie" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about Bushie that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'.

They call Oklahoma City the "City Of Red People." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some redneck folks there. 'Course I can't say I've seen Atlanta, and I ain't never been to Birmingham. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Oklahoma City, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me.

Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early 2010s - just about the time of our election with O'Bama and the Tea-baggies. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about Bushie here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Bushie, in Oklahoma City.

And even if he's a lazy man - and Bushie was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Oklahoma State, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 04:52:33 PM »

I was pretty horrified when I read this article: http://www.buzzfeed.com/adamserwer/how-mens-rights-leader-paul-elam-turned-being-a-deadbeat-dad#.ho08eAYeO. The whole purpose of the MRA movement was to show that men have rights too and that feminism has often created an ideology for women with BPD and HPD to cloak their disorders in. But that doesn't mean that MRAs should stoop to this same level of abuse, which by all accounts, he has done himself.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2015, 03:55:53 PM »

Not sure if it's a faux pas to archive something that someone said in response to you but this was just too classic to resist.

Dude, just admit you think the gays are yucky and that's what this comes down to.

Dude, acquire an understanding of the nuanced arguments. I'm not going to support an expansion of specific performance for trivial bullsh**t like wedding cakes and flowers.

You can't blame the fascism of the radicalized LGBT community on the detractors of fascism. If the market is willing to supply a product, but you play the discrimination card to enslave someone you don't like, you're an HP is the truest sense of the word. The judge who allowed the remedy of specific performance is also an HP.

If you can't understand the situation, don't suffocate intelligent discourse with your undeveloped moralistic opinion.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2015, 02:39:58 AM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 09:17:13 AM »

Just like only Nixon could go to China, only Carson could do research on brain tissue from aborted fetuses.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2015, 08:35:46 AM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2015, 09:58:06 AM »

And yet it was.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 11:48:51 PM »

If I were sober parts of this post would actually really upset me but I'm not so they're funny

Why are you so against Catholics? Many of your ancestors were likely Catholics. Even the WASPs weren't this obsessed with hating them.

Not "likely", at least 25% were. That I have some Catholic ancestry is something I've never hid, in fact I've emphasized it, why would I care what my ancestors were? I have Catholic, mainline and evangelical  ancestry. How can I identify with any of those "culturally" being that mixed?

In this case I wouldn't want to be mistaken for something non-liberal.

Hah! American Catholics are very liberal! You should see my grandparents!
Heck, even by you, it was the east Iowa Catholics that delivered the state for our heroic President.

But save your breath..women priests...yada yada...gay marriage...yada yada...Ingress in church...yada yada yada

See you can flippantly mock those things but the fact is they are very important to me. And far more important to me than "OMG CULTURE" or ethnic heritage. That doesn't matter in 2015.

I'll say more when I'm off mobile.

Alright, here's my elaboration.

The Catholic Church is obviously not liberal. So why would or should someone liberal stay in it? The only response I've heard is just some rambling about "culture and tradition".

Well I can't comprehend this. Seriously I just can't. It's like trying to get your calculator to divide by zero. It's also somewhat contradictory, since value of tradition is a cornerstone of conservatism, why would someone with liberal politics remain attached to conservative traditions (this includes Columbus Day by the way) because of conservative reasoning? After all maybe the reason I can't comprehend it is because I am so liberal.

But there's something about me that's a bit deeper in regards to that. And that's my scene, yep my music. Which so many mock and flippantly disregard. Here's what I think those people don't understand: This is not just about music. For example, see the description of the fest here. That's just one example. Many people in the scene have done crazy things and sacrificed big time for it, and it's all for the community we share. There's countless band speeches and zine articles writing about why go on tour. It's very emotionally draining, it doesn't make the bands tons of money, and if they just wanted to have fun playing music they could easily do so at home without having to sleep on the floors and couches of people they just met in person that day. It's a community that requires a very high level of commitment unlike Taylor Swift fans. I have many stories of things I've gone to some big lengths for for the scene, including going to Dude Fest, wasn't easy or cheap! This is a popular scene tattoo (yes it's a lyric):

So here's the thing: I know that people in the scene will be accepting, and not full of bigotry or reactionary politics. I can't say the same for someone who just happens to share the same ethnic background as me. Who do I have more in common with, an Italian-American who goes to hardcore shows in NYC, or some Swedish-German in the Twin Cities suburbs who has never been to a show?

So imagine I were Italian-American from a Catholic family. What reason would I have to care about that? Why would I march in a Columbus Day parade or go to a Catholic mass on Christmas/Easter (assuming I was only that type of Christian) instead of a progressive church that might share my values? Why would I care more about that instead of my progressive values and my community in the scene? The people I actually associate with, do things with, and have sacrificed for, and had some of them do so for me. That binds people FAR more than just having happened to have ancestors from the same country.

And your flippant dismissal actually shows why I adhere to SJW values. Because those things matter to me because they matter a lot to other people. What about a woman born into Catholicism who wants to be a priest/pastor but can't without leaving the church? What about people who are gay born into it? To them I say: Leave. As many do. After all if your culture and heritage doesn't match your values, then it DESERVES to be thrown away.

And the scene culture IS the most respectful and positive one I've ever encountered. For example note this record insert:

So for that, I will stand for something. I will not stand simply for sharing a similar genetic strain to someone else.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2015, 12:15:33 AM »

'To them I say: Leave. As many do. After all if your culture and heritage doesn't match your values, then it DESERVES to be thrown away.'

Yes yes I know you'll probably point out that I am technically Episcopalian but there have been things going on in my religious life lately that might lead me in directions you would definitely not approve of.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 08:36:19 AM »

'To them I say: Leave. As many do. After all if your culture and heritage doesn't match your values, then it DESERVES to be thrown away.'

Yes yes I know you'll probably point out that I am technically Episcopalian but there have been things going on in my religious life lately that might lead me in directions you would definitely not approve of.
So you are basically a totally average Episcopalian

I'm only half joking, but BRTD had contempt for the WASP heroes.

That's not at all what I'm getting at.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2016, 08:33:21 PM »

Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 12:39:15 PM »

Crossposted to the Deluge

Who's going to turn Catholic in the US? The US is far too polarized between SJW liberals and conservative evangelicals.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 08:34:00 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=232694.0
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 03:14:12 PM »

I think they like to be called Forest cake of color now.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 07:59:06 PM »

Tonight shall be a great night for the #NeverCruz movement.

This underestimates the ferocity and untamed wildness of the tribe described by Caesar, in De bello indianicum, as the "Hoosi", who have brought many a dead political movement roaring back to life in their storied past.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies