Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:57:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 151658 times)
J-Mann
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: November 19, 2014, 10:18:58 PM »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Jeff, you're no doubt tolerating existence (I hesitate to call it a life, aside from what seems like a warm family life), but enjoying? How are you OK with these things:

- Your "great job" is a temp / contract position where you've missed 25 percent at least in less than three weeks. Granted, some of that wasn't your fault ... but some was. That means less money out of an already low-paying job (there's nothing wrong with the position itself ... it's just not allowing you to even get close to self-sufficiency based on the setup and the way you're treating it.)

- You are totally reliant on your family to care for you. If you are indeed mentally sound, as you claim, you should be ashamed and be working your ass off to get out from that situation (instead of napping, watching sports, etc.).

- You are in awful health. You're not a "big boy" and OK (that, by the way, is what obese children say to themselves because an idiot doting mother has said it to them) ... you're an obese adult who sees the truth staring him in the face and turns to another greasy cheeseburger to drown out the thought of doing anything to help yourself.

- Again, health. It's so bad that it impacts every single thing you do. Too tired to do much at any time (your weight is impacting your energy level and you very likely have sleep apnea because of your fat chest weighing on your lungs). You can't even sit without threat of injury.

- One more time -- health. You're not worried about it? Look in the mirror. Try to do 10 jumping jacks. Sit without hurting yourself. Try to spot your dick without looking in a mirror. Sleepy yet? Probably ... and it ought to worry the hell out of you.

I've come back to this so many times and you simply ignore it, but I don't understand how someone who can claim to "do everything I can to further God's kingdom" can justify the type of lifestyle you have.

You really think your God is OK with you being a sloth? When I ask you "what have you done to further God's kingdom today," I don't mean attending a church dinner or some cursory scan of a Bible. I mean what have you done to improve yourself so you can help others?

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.

Whether I count it as a full day or not doesn't matter. Did they pay you for it. That's what matters.

And I have no doubt you enjoy your life ... for reasons that harm others. Taking advantage of others. Contributing little to nothing. That's enjoyable, when all your basic needs are met and you don't have to do much of anything to ensure they are. Enjoyable does not equal right, and you know it.

Also, you ignored the health pieces entirely. Your back giving out WHILE YOU SIT should be a screaming wake-up call to you. You are a walking health nightmare and your complete acceptance of it WILL KILL YOU. That should make you care. Sadly, you show no concern whatsoever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1851 on: November 19, 2014, 10:35:32 PM »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Jeff, you're no doubt tolerating existence (I hesitate to call it a life, aside from what seems like a warm family life), but enjoying? How are you OK with these things:

- Your "great job" is a temp / contract position where you've missed 25 percent at least in less than three weeks. Granted, some of that wasn't your fault ... but some was. That means less money out of an already low-paying job (there's nothing wrong with the position itself ... it's just not allowing you to even get close to self-sufficiency based on the setup and the way you're treating it.)

- You are totally reliant on your family to care for you. If you are indeed mentally sound, as you claim, you should be ashamed and be working your ass off to get out from that situation (instead of napping, watching sports, etc.).

- You are in awful health. You're not a "big boy" and OK (that, by the way, is what obese children say to themselves because an idiot doting mother has said it to them) ... you're an obese adult who sees the truth staring him in the face and turns to another greasy cheeseburger to drown out the thought of doing anything to help yourself.

- Again, health. It's so bad that it impacts every single thing you do. Too tired to do much at any time (your weight is impacting your energy level and you very likely have sleep apnea because of your fat chest weighing on your lungs). You can't even sit without threat of injury.

- One more time -- health. You're not worried about it? Look in the mirror. Try to do 10 jumping jacks. Sit without hurting yourself. Try to spot your dick without looking in a mirror. Sleepy yet? Probably ... and it ought to worry the hell out of you.

I've come back to this so many times and you simply ignore it, but I don't understand how someone who can claim to "do everything I can to further God's kingdom" can justify the type of lifestyle you have.

You really think your God is OK with you being a sloth? When I ask you "what have you done to further God's kingdom today," I don't mean attending a church dinner or some cursory scan of a Bible. I mean what have you done to improve yourself so you can help others?

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.

Whether I count it as a full day or not doesn't matter. Did they pay you for it. That's what matters.

And I have no doubt you enjoy your life ... for reasons that harm others. Taking advantage of others. Contributing little to nothing. That's enjoyable, when all your basic needs are met and you don't have to do much of anything to ensure they are. Enjoyable does not equal right, and you know it.

Also, you ignored the health pieces entirely. Your back giving out WHILE YOU SIT should be a screaming wake-up call to you. You are a walking health nightmare and your complete acceptance of it WILL KILL YOU. That should make you care. Sadly, you show no concern whatsoever.

See, this is why I don't enjoy Update any more.  This makes me seem like a bad guy who is purposefully abusing my family.  I can tell you my motives and intentions are pure.  I don't purposefully take advantage of anyone.  I love and care for everyone, almost to a fault.  Anybody you talk to would say the same things about me.  Am I misguided sometimes?  Of course I am.  They would tell you they are too, sometimes.

I did not ignore the health pieces at all.  I said things are not perfect and there are things I would like to and need to change.  That answers all the questions right there.  I don't need to elaborate on every subject.  You'll find whatever you can wrong with what I say and lambast me for it tomorrow night.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1852 on: November 19, 2014, 10:43:45 PM »

My life is going very well right now, I am living my life enjoyably right now.  I have a darn good job and I have a great God and great friends.  I am not letting life pass me by.  For you or any one else to claim otherwise is absolutely asinine.  Yes, I'm a big boy, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life.  I'm not overly worried about it and nor should I be.  I don't lose sleep over it (obviously).

Things don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy life.  Sure, there are many things I would like to and need to change, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying life.  My job pays pretty good.  It pays $15.00 an hour which for a bachelor in Oklahoma is pretty good.  It is going to get me a lot closer to self-sustenance, because 1) it's more money than I've made in a long time, 2) It has the potential to be a longer term job than what I initially thought.  You have to count today as a full day because I went to work and was sent home due to an uncontrollable circumstance.  Had that circumstance not happened, I would have stayed all day.  With today counting as a full day, I have only missed two full days plus 90 minutes in the 13 days.  That's much more than 75% attendance.  So, I reject your notion that life is not enjoyable for me right now.  I never said things were perfect and you cannot equate the two.

See, this is why I don't enjoy Update any more.  This makes me seem like a bad guy who is purposefully abusing my family.  I can tell you my motives and intentions are pure.  I don't purposefully take advantage of anyone.  I love and care for everyone, almost to a fault.  Anybody you talk to would say the same things about me.  Am I misguided sometimes?  Of course I am.  They would tell you they are too, sometimes.

I did not ignore the health pieces at all.  I said things are not perfect and there are things I would like to and need to change.  That answers all the questions right there.  I don't need to elaborate on every subject.  You'll find whatever you can wrong with what I say and lambast me for it tomorrow night.

If you know things aren't perfect, CHANGE THEM. You insist on whiling away your hours napping, watching sports and gaining weight! You'd never have a goddamn back issue today if you had shown a single shred of dignity, self-worth and follow-through yesterday!

Do you love your family? No doubt. Are you a burden because of poor choices you made and continue to make? They'll never tell you that, but yes. You are. Again, IF you are indeed mentally sound, you are putting an undue burden on a family that can't afford it.

Your poor choices cost your family nearly $100 today to tend to your poor back. That's cause and effect, Jeff. Doesn't that make you feel bad? Because five years ago, you made a conscious choice to treat your body badly and never do more than talk about change, you cost your family money today. And in your failure to change your lifestyle or do anything more than "plan," you will continue to effect them in ways you don't want or intend.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1853 on: November 19, 2014, 10:45:23 PM »

Once again it's looking like it's more expensive to keep Bushie employed than not.

Would you rather my back completely go out on me in a chair that doesn't fit me?

I'd rather you took care of your health and lost enough weight so you stand normal, human-style activities like sitting without hurting yourself. Alas, that won't happen, will it?

That takes time and needs to happen.  I needed relief IMMEDIATELY.  I can't lose 100 pounds overnight.  I'm going bowling Saturday night and I don't need a painful back while I bowl.

You could have lost 100 pounds if you'd started losing weight a year ago. Your problem is that if something isn't easy enough to be accomplished overnight (preferably while asleep), you just won't do it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1854 on: November 19, 2014, 10:49:57 PM »

Actually, it's more likely his neck/chin fat weighing on his trachea and larynx.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1855 on: November 19, 2014, 10:52:22 PM »

If you know things aren't perfect, CHANGE THEM. You insist on whiling away your hours napping, watching sports and gaining weight! You'd never have a goddamn back issue today if you had shown a single shred of dignity, self-worth and follow-through yesterday!

Do you love your family? No doubt. Are you a burden because of poor choices you made and continue to make? They'll never tell you that, but yes. You are. Again, IF you are indeed mentally sound, you are putting an undue burden on a family that can't afford it.

Your poor choices cost your family nearly $100 today to tend to your poor back. That's cause and effect, Jeff. Doesn't that make you feel bad? Because five years ago, you made a conscious choice to treat your body badly and never do more than talk about change, you cost your family money today. And in your failure to change your lifestyle or do anything more than "plan," you will continue to effect them in ways you don't want or intend.

I'm not going to go there.  Like I said, you'll twist whatever I say in response and attack me for it tomorrow night.  I do many, many things correctly.  I don't do everything wrong.  I am far from perfect, but I am not a horrible, good-for-nothing, family-abusing creep like you seem to suggest.

Now, can I close update without being accused of taking the easy way out?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1856 on: November 19, 2014, 11:00:35 PM »

I'm not going to go there.  Like I said, you'll twist whatever I say in response and attack me for it tomorrow night.  I do many, many things correctly.  I don't do everything wrong.  I am far from perfect, but I am not a horrible, good-for-nothing, family-abusing creep like you seem to suggest.

Now, can I close update without being accused of taking the easy way out?

No, you can't. An inability to admit that your refusal to change (in spite of all the sound advice and ENCOURAGEMENT from so many over the years) has COST YOUR FAMILY UNNECESSARY MONEY is cowardly.

You want us to focus on the good? I tried that with you. A lot. Didn't work. You're no better off today than you were when you started this whole saga. And it is costing your family more now than it ever has.

Maybe it's not intentional, but it's deeply rooted in, at best, ignorance. More likely, you prefer only happiness where no one calls you on your BS.

Your inability to implement the smallest of change to better yourself HURT your family today. Wake up, Jeff. Your inaction has consequences that go beyond you!
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1857 on: November 19, 2014, 11:05:08 PM »

Then make the F***** changes.  How long have you been asked to make changes in your diet??  How long have you been asked to exercise??  How long have  I told you to go to the store and buy a $20 F***** pair of dumbbells??

It isn't like we are asking you to do difficult things.   I am the same age as you, I beliee J-Mann is as well, its not a bad chair that is causing your back pain, its the fat.

Your health is a disaster, its dangerous, if you don't start making changes you WILL F***** DIE.  No one is saying you have to quick eating like crap cold turkey or can't cheat from time to time, but you need to do better.  Hell, as I have admitted before I really can't cook much either, and eat like crap, but I also don't completey gorge myself either.  I probably shouldn't eat the way I do, but I can get away with it because I'm 5'9 160 and work out. You don't really have the same option because you are almost twice my weight and haven't run or lifted a weight in a decade. 

I have been battling a bad cold (pehaps even the flu) for the last few days and would be running circles around you, that's sad considering I feel like beyond trash.  You need to stop eating s***, you need to start working out, or YOU WILL F***** DIE. 
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1858 on: November 19, 2014, 11:07:31 PM »

I bet I could gain 85 lbs to put me at 285 and then lose it all back down to 200 before Bushie can lose enough weight to get to 260.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1859 on: November 19, 2014, 11:09:37 PM »

Once again it's looking like it's more expensive to keep Bushie employed than not.

Would you rather my back completely go out on me in a chair that doesn't fit me?

I'd rather you took care of your health and lost enough weight so you stand normal, human-style activities like sitting without hurting yourself. Alas, that won't happen, will it?

That takes time and needs to happen.  I needed relief IMMEDIATELY.  I can't lose 100 pounds overnight.  I'm going bowling Saturday night and I don't need a painful back while I bowl.

As someone who bowl (and not everyone I bowl with is in the greatest shape) I can't even imagine you trying to throw a ball down a lane.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1860 on: November 19, 2014, 11:18:04 PM »

Truth is Bushie will never lose weight until he starts eating vegetables, for every meal, every day.

If the next meal he eats includes vegetables, real vegetables: broccoli, spinach, carrots, red cabbage, cucumbers, etc., he will be one meal closer to losing weight.

If the next meal he eats doesn't not include vegetables or is crap like iceberg lettuce and cheese "salad", he is one meal closer to death.

It's just that simple and it IS an overnight deal. It's a choose your adventure book and two to three times a day, Bushie chooses Option 2.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1861 on: November 19, 2014, 11:23:54 PM »

As someone who bowl (and not everyone I bowl with is in the greatest shape) I can't even imagine you trying to throw a ball down a lane.

Will Bushie request bumpers on the lanes to avoid gutter balls? Will he use a four-pound neon-colored children's ball? Will he spend the whole time sitting at the snack bar eating nachos and buying Fun Dips from the vending machine?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1862 on: November 19, 2014, 11:27:52 PM »

Will Bushie request bumpers on the lanes to avoid gutter balls? Will he use a four-pound neon-colored children's ball? Will he spend the whole time sitting at the snack bar eating nachos and buying Fun Dips from the vending machine?

This is basically why I can't imagine Bushie trying to nowl.  I don't think he is strong enough to get a heavier ball down the lane, but his fingers are too fat to get in a light ball.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #1863 on: November 19, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

What a shock, Bushie is behaving like a spoiled and petulant child.

No, clearly there are some things you do correctly. I assume you can perform basic functions. But when it comes to realities of life as an adult, you constantly fall down. Whether its your parents or your God, you throw the responsibility back onto someone else to fix. You don't try because there's no incentive of survival because someone or something is there to break the fall.

You aren't being attacked, you're just so unfamiliar with constructive criticism, that unlike most people who get to your (our) age, we've heard the word 'no'. We've figured out this doesn't happen by the will or skill of other people... it is supposed to come from you. No amount of planning, hope, prayer or desire will matter a jot, without the discipline to actually DO IT.

The only thing you don't consider a personal attack is us validating your horrible life choices, and those of your family. The fact is, we've given you perpetually sound advice, which you have ignored time and again, entirely to the detriment of yourself and your parent's bank-balance.

Guess what? People stuff up, they make mistakes... but they hopefully learn from them. It's plainly clear to me that you have an idea of yourself and your abilities in your head that will never shift. Mid-western domestic bliss, a wife, two kids and a professional career. And guess what again, the only person who is going to get even remotely close to anything like that is YOU. Your parent's 'game plans'  don't matter, your prayers don't matter... you putting your nose to the grindstone, making REAL sacrifices and changes will get you at least part of the way there...

Yes, you can't lose 100lbs overnight... but if you'd put in place ANY of the 'plans' you've had for the last 3 years, you would have been there or close to it by now.

Stop planning and start DOING. Accept that you might not end up with the life you expect, very few of us do, and get on with having any life at all.

Seriously, cut the crap and get on with it!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1864 on: November 19, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »

I bet I could gain 85 lbs to put me at 285 and then lose it all back down to 200 before Bushie can lose enough weight to get to 260.

Now that is an Update spin-off I would love to see!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1865 on: November 20, 2014, 12:05:24 AM »

That takes time and needs to happen.  I needed relief IMMEDIATELY.  I can't lose 100 pounds overnight.  I'm going bowling Saturday night and I don't need a painful back while I bowl.

This is basically why I can't imagine Bushie trying to nowl.  I don't think he is strong enough to get a heavier ball down the lane, but his fingers are too fat to get in a light ball.

He can sit back and eat pizza and nachos while others do the throwing of balls.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1866 on: November 20, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »

This concludes Update Season XVIII. Update Season XIX is now open.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies