Corporal punishment by county school district, 2009-2011 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:51:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Corporal punishment by county school district, 2009-2011 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Corporal punishment by county school district, 2009-2011  (Read 6137 times)
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: November 24, 2014, 12:03:13 AM »

Here is NC, it is county-based and, though around 20 do it, about half (actual, not rate) happens in Robeson County, which is (probably not coincidentally) the highest proportion of Native Americans.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »

Here is NC, it is county-based and, though around 20 do it, about half (actual, not rate) happens in Robeson County, which is (probably not coincidentally) the highest proportion of Native Americans.

When I was doing NC, I noticed Roberson's number and though "What?", and just so happened to glance to the side where the corporal punishment by race figures were. I saw that the number was overwhelmingly Native American, looked up and county's demographics and then it made sense. If I recall correctly, though, the county is only like 30% Native American, but the percentage of kids punished that were Native American was >90%.

Which leads to Native Americans being about half of all NC corporal punishment victims, despite being only 2% of NC public school students.

I have never heard any sensible reason why punishments that are not used for criminals, are acceptable for schoolchildren (not supporting CP for criminals, but CP for schoolchildren is worse).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies