NJ in 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:25:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  NJ in 2004
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ in 2004  (Read 2777 times)
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 17, 2003, 10:25:13 PM »

NJ in 2004? Which Dem will take it?
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 10:39:57 PM »

Oh my home state - their primary is in JUNE!  The only candidate left will win the primary which will most likely be Dean.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 12:08:20 AM »

Dean, same reason.  Only one left.
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2003, 01:28:39 AM »

My best friend, a former resident of New Jersey, supports Dean himself, and believes that New Jersey will go for Dean as well, even if there IS more than one person in the race by then....but I doubt it. The race will probably be wrapped up by June, and they'll be one person left, whether it's Dean or not.
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2003, 01:58:22 AM »

It'll be interesting to see how quickly Dean secures the nomination.  I imagine it will become very apparent that Dean will be the nominee long before he secures a majority of the delegates simply because no one is left to challenge him.

I suppose that if Dean does well on March 2 Super Tuesday its probably all over.  If he wins in California and New York there just won't be any stopping him.
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 10:22:26 AM »

Well simply, knocks out Gephardt and kerry in IA and NH, then only 3 left.  Edwards, Lieberman ( not getting it) and Clark.  So unless they win some on Feb3 Dean is quickly dispatching them too.  

As I've said the key is Gephardt in IA, oterwise Deanis nominee.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 01:17:14 PM »

After the endorsement of the Governor which I found shocking due to the fact that he was a strong adovacte of the the War in Iraq, many people bave backed Dean for President. However Kerry has strong endoresments in NJ including Rep. Pascrell, and St. Sen. Adler, and Gephardt has Rep. Rob Andrews who is very will liked in NJ. To the Dean vs. McGovern poll that I posted it is most likely that Dean will take NJ and its 15 EV's in the General Election.
jravnsbo

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 02:44:56 PM »

was the endorsement of Gov McGreavy really a plus?  his approval rating rivals that of Gray out Davis of California.  in the 20% range.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 05:13:49 PM »

It is a plus I think. McGreevey right now really isn't popular with poll numbers like Gray Davis and he should think about trying to win again in 2005. However, he has a lot of followers. Just look at his endorsements from NJ after he formally endorsed Gov. Dean. You should check out this relly good site www.politics1.com for any news. It says McGreevey has picked up 14 endorsements from NJ already. Kerry has 3. Gephardt and Sen. Lieberman have 1.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 05:46:36 PM »

Dean will be the only candidate arond by the time New Jersey comes around.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2003, 03:36:51 PM »

That is probably true, Dean will be the only around too. The primary is only like 2 weeks before the convention anyway, what they should do is cancel it like Washington did, and save the millions in taxspayers dollars.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2003, 05:15:54 PM »

That is probably true, Dean will be the only around too. The primary is only like 2 weeks before the convention anyway, what they should do is cancel it like Washington did, and save the millions in taxspayers dollars.
True, late primary days are useless.  I think we should have one primary day, because the current system is bad beyond belief.  Only a few states really matter.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2003, 06:02:23 AM »

True, late primary days are useless.  I think we should have one primary day, because the current system is bad beyond belief.  Only a few states really matter.

Isn't that because of your weird outlook? You say that whoever wins the early primaries have bagged it. If you didn't he wouldn't.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies