State rep, county party chariman etc. said something stupid - The Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:51:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  State rep, county party chariman etc. said something stupid - The Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: State rep, county party chariman etc. said something stupid - The Megathread  (Read 5401 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 28, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »

For all stupid, insane, hilarious etc. statements by non-federal politicians. Remember to include the Democrats.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 11:35:45 AM »

RIP Px's thread count Sad.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 12:48:03 PM »

You know how else you could achieve that? By not electing insane people to represent your party.
But I guess that's too much work for Republican voters.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »

You know how else you could achieve that? By not electing insane people to represent your party.
You pick the most inane things and lable them as crazy. "GOP threatens typical Parliamentary move because they don't like Obama!" How insane!!!!111!

No offense, but before I get a lecture on the views of Republicans in America, you ought to make a thread about the Greek voters looking at Golden Dawn...but that is too much work.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 01:27:26 PM »

You pick the most inane things and lable them as crazy. "GOP threatens typical Parliamentary move because they don't like Obama!" How insane!!!!111!

No offense, but before I get a lecture on the views of Republicans in America, you ought to make a thread about the Greek voters looking at Golden Dawn...but that is too much work.

You must get your news slow there in Florida. Most Golden Dawn members are in jail now and the party's numbers are on a sharp decline.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »

px's posts about Greek politics are actually very interesting and informative. His problem is that for some reason he thinks he understands American politics.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 01:41:42 PM »

Ah.....state officials, the greatest source of political comedy there is   
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 01:51:56 PM »

You must get your news slow there in Florida. Most Golden Dawn members are in jail now and the party's numbers are on a sharp decline.
16 seats in Parliament, three in the European Parliament. Don't pretend that they have gone away.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »

16 seats in Parliament, three in the European Parliament. Don't pretend that they have gone away.

The Tea Party has more legislative seats. And don't pretend they are much better than Golden Dawn.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2014, 02:55:00 PM »

And don't pretend they are much better than Golden Dawn.
lol
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 03:43:45 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »

The President's family is off limits to criticism by journalists unless the person has done something egregious or has tried to get a message out for some agenda. (For example, if someone sees a problem with the First Lady promoting child nutrition and healthy weight, then that is OK for some criticism for political posturing. Of course the First Lady has allies in the Armed Forces on healthy weight and child nutrition!)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 06:13:03 PM »

Now they are just grasping at straws.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »

There's little I could think more absurd than insulting teenage girls for being dismissive about the literal absurdity of pardoning a turkey.

If there's anyone who needs to be treated with more respect, it's the President, who, in my mind, deserves respect by virtue of being the President of the United States, regardless of political affiliation, not the turkey. But you all knew that.

I was under the impression that "respect for authority", "common decency", "moral rectitude", and so forth were key elements of conservatism, the sort of conservatism that opposed Senators beating each other with sticks. Certainly, excluding the President's children from petty online snark would be the conservative thing to do, or at least that's what I would have thought.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »

Huh? The party got 6.9% in the last 2012 election. The last four polls (by Metron Analysis, Palmos Analysis, Pulse RC, and UoM) have them at 6.1%, 8.6%, 7.5%, and 7.1%. It's a decline from mid-2013 when they were consistently getting double digits in polling, but they're still set to gain at the next legislative election, as of right now.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 09:12:33 PM »

A turkey pardoning is a life and death matter.  Orange vests are mandatory attire for all participants.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 09:17:37 PM »

There's little I could think more absurd than insulting teenage girls for being dismissive about the literal absurdity of pardoning a turkey.

If there's anyone who needs to be treated with more respect, it's the President, who, in my mind, deserves respect by virtue of being the President of the United States, regardless of political affiliation, not the turkey. But you all knew that.

I was under the impression that "respect for authority", "common decency", "moral rectitude", and so forth were key elements of conservatism, the sort of conservatism that opposed Senators beating each other with sticks. Certainly, excluding the President's children from petty online snark would be the conservative thing to do, or at least that's what I would have thought.

The fact is that Sasha and Malia Obama have taken more flak from the Right for having the nerve to exist than Jenna and Barbara Bush ever did for their drunken antics that were arguably beneath the dignity of children of a public official and indisputably illegal. And it's a good thing poor Chelsea Clinton was a teenager in the pre-Internet era; Rush Limbaugh wouldn't leave her alone.

American conservatives don't respect authority or show decency toward anyone other than themselves. They didn't accept Bill Clinton as a legitimate leader. They think Barack Obama is even more illegitimate.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 09:44:17 PM »

Well, since Landrieu about to be thrown in the garbage, the Democrats are now proposing voter fraud.

The nice thing about winning elections is that you can pass election security laws while the lying cheaters squeal.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2015, 04:15:12 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »

I'll revive this thread with an attempted ban on yoga pants from a certain Montana state rep.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/02/12/absurd-things-that-almost-happened-montanas-yoga-pants-ban/

The bill specifically bans “any device, costume, or covering that gives the appearance of or simulates the genitals, pubic hair, anus region, or pubic hair region”. Criticism of the bill included that the bill would ban yoga pants. The sponsor, David Moore, responded:
No points for guessing which party.

The bill has no chance of passing so I didn't make a separate thread for it.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 02:42:00 AM »

I'll revive this thread with an attempted ban on yoga pants from a certain Montana state rep.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/compost/wp/2015/02/12/absurd-things-that-almost-happened-montanas-yoga-pants-ban/

The bill specifically bans “any device, costume, or covering that gives the appearance of or simulates the genitals, pubic hair, anus region, or pubic hair region”. Criticism of the bill included that the bill would ban yoga pants. The sponsor, David Moore, responded:
No points for guessing which party.

The bill has no chance of passing so I didn't make a separate thread for it.

One shouldn't need separate pants for Yoga anyways.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2015, 01:48:07 PM »

Mississippi lawmaker on why he opposes increasing school funding

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2015/02/14/miss-third-grade-gate-fear-failure/23443737/
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2015, 07:57:17 PM »

Planned Parenthood is worse than ISIS. R-South Dakota.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/south-dakota-planned-parenthood-isil
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2015, 08:15:35 PM »

Certainly more annoying that ISIL.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »