Weird dreams you've had in general
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:55:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Weird dreams you've had in general
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Weird dreams you've had in general  (Read 4013 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:27:54 PM »
« edited: November 29, 2014, 08:03:39 PM by RR1997 »

Inspired by the old "Weird dreams you've had involving politicians" thread by TDAS04.

I know that most people (including me) don't typically remember their dreams, but there are those dreams that are just unforgettable, so talk about those here.

I've had plenty of dreams where I imagined myself attending school completely naked by accident, but this is a very common dream I've heard.

I also remember a dream where I woke up (in the dream) and I look in the mirror. To my surprise I was now East Asian. I go to Walmart and this guy hands me a bucket of grass. I grabbed a handful of grass from the bucket and I inserted that grass into my mouth. I started to chew the grass. To my surprise chewing grass is illegal in this world and the police start chasing me all across the store. This dream has become a running joke/gag amongst me and my friends.

How 'bout you guys?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 03:32:09 PM »

I once dreamt that I was sitting in the car in a parking lot, and an old lady on roller skates splattered on the window like paint.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:52:58 PM »

I dreamt that Snowstalker from this forum called me up about his arrangements for the funeral of an Atlas member. Spooky.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
« Edited: November 29, 2014, 04:25:03 PM by RR1997 »

I dreamt that Snowstalker from this forum called me up about his arrangements for the funeral of an Atlas member. Spooky.

Just out of curiosity, how did Snowstalker look like/sound like in your dream? Do you remember?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 06:19:47 PM »

Well he had a British accent, so I doubt it was anything like Snowstalker's real voice. The strange thing was that he didn't say "Hello, I am Snowstalker". I just knew as soon as I picked up the phone.

The other bizarre thing was that he called me up on a landline like we were living in the 20th century...
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 08:00:48 PM »

I rarely dream, but when I do, my dreams are always nonsensical.

In my most recent dream, I happened to encounter a Black Widow while going for a walk in my backyard. Not a normal-sized Black Widow, mind you, but one that was comparable in size to a Tarantula. Well, this spooked me so much that I decided that I had no choice but to move to the suburbs of Nevada in order to escape the thing. Once there, I went for a walk in my new backyard desert only to make a most unpleasant discovery: the Black Widow had followed me the whole way.

:/
Anonymouse
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

I had a dream set during the zombie apocalypse. Stupid, I know, and there's no way to quantify the feeling of dread that pressed over everything. I was a platoon sergeant somehow, briefing my troops on the action, conditions, standards, environmental considerations, risk assessment, etc, immediately before we stormed a building filled with zombies. I didn't expect many of us to walk away, although I didn't say that.

Laugh if you need to but it was terrifying. All the senior leadership had been wiped out, I think, because dream logic, and.. yeah. Maybe I don't need to read World War Z again. Tongue
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 10:31:33 AM »

Last night, I had a dream that opebo wrote a book that became a bestseller, but I don't remember what the book was about.

I've had dreams about the Atlas Forum a couple of other times, such as when I dreamt that 20RP12 was yelling at me. 
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »

I had a dream 3 days ago that Landrieu won 82% of the vote against Cassidy in Louisiana.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »

I've had an awful lot of weird dreams about MLAATR or elections.  One of my most recent political  dreams was about Election Night 2014, where the GOP candidate for Governor of Illinois was some guy with the last name Thompson (probably related to the former governor Jim Thompson.) 

I had another one about a year ago where I saw a TV commercial for Eggo waffles that featured the overture from Mozart's "Marriage of Figaro."

anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2014, 09:54:54 PM »

My weirdest dreams are those kinds when you urgently have to do something, but get waylaid by all kinds of absurd circumstances and never make it.  You know, like you just have to get to the house of your special someone in five minutes or miss your big chance, but on the way you get stuck picking up a thousand marbles on the floor of your office, because otherwise you can't make it to the door... But once you finish that, you have to help relatives pick out clothes for a reception that they don't even want to go to...Then, after getting that done, you discover that you can only walk in excruciatingly slow motion anyway, while a stranger whose voice sounds like someone you know tries to sell you insurance.  Then, you wake up. 

Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2014, 12:16:47 AM »

I graduated in May, but I still sometimes dream that I'm in class and haven't turned in a paper or am late, or something like that.

I had a dream 3 days ago that Landrieu won 82% of the vote against Cassidy in Louisiana.

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 12:49:40 AM »

I graduated in May, but I still sometimes dream that I'm in class and haven't turned in a paper or am late, or something like that.

If only Cry
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 01:17:40 AM »

When I was a small child I had a recurring nightmare that the entire world would oversleep by an entire day and no one would know the correct date. The dream always happened around the daylight savings time changes.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 08:38:43 PM »

I once had a dream where Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat and I toured Italy together. I was 13 when it happened.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 06:21:47 PM »

Bump

Last night I had a crazy dream. I was sitting on a chair in my room in the dream. Suddenly another slightly taller version of me (looked exactly like me, call it a clone if you will) enters the room. He walks up to me, grabs me by the collar and points a knife at me. I tried to scream for help, but I couldn't. I was unable to talk. I tried to get at least a word out of my mouth as hard as I could, but I was unable to. I woke up in my dream, and I was still unable to talk. Suddenly I start levitating off the bed. I tried to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming, and I felt pain. I tried to scream "ow!", but I couldn't. Then I actually woke up in real life, and after like 30 seconds, I was finally able to talk again. I think I was suffering from Sleep Paralysis.

I also had a dream a couple of days ago where this one girl at my school married this one guy at my school, and their honeymoon took place at a gas station.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »

Aww man, Sleep Paralysis is the worst, dude. So terrifying - I used to get that all the time. Last summer was quite bad, but thankfully only one case since the school year started.

I had a rare memorable dream last night based on a comment I made on Atlas in the Santorum vs. Inks showdown (that Santorum doesn't give me nightmares). That became a literal self-fulfilling prophecy of sorts. At the time, I had just meant overreaching authority figures terrify me.

The only part I can still remember was that I was in a bed angled in the corner of the room with open doors on either wall that the bed was not touching, and a hooded figure that I immediately recognized to be Inks somehow was dashing back and forth between them as we had a firefight where I was completely vulnerable the whole time. Lasted for what felt like 10-15 minutes until I got shot multiple times and awoke screaming the name of my killer and being freaked out for about 30 seconds. Scariest dream I've had in about 5 years.

Thank goodness my roommates have separate bedrooms at this stage of dormlife. That would have been much more confusing the explain than all my sports related dreams of the past.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 08:18:54 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 08:21:09 PM by TDAS04 »

I had a dream that my grandma (who died a few years ago at age 93, with dementia) was alive and well.  She was sharp and was using technology (she never even had a computer IRL).  For some reason, she was texting Jesse Jackson.

In the same dream, my aunt got attacked by a bald eagle.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 11:09:03 PM »

I had a dream last night that a teacher who I had at Governor's School was taking me to a Governor's School reunion, which, for some reason, was in NYC. In real life this teacher is a very strong libertarian activist/Austrian Economics dude, and so he was whining the whole way there about how NYC didn't have enough highways, wasn't built on libertarian principles, etc.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »

I had a dream that my grandma (who died a few years ago at age 93, with dementia) was alive and well.  She was sharp and was using technology (she never even had a computer IRL).  For some reason, she was texting Jesse Jackson.

Perhaps it was a DEC Rainbow 100.  There were several computer labs on campus that had them where I went to college in the 80's.  They could be (and were) used both as PCs and as terminals for the VAX computers that were available.

I recently had a weird dream in which I was speaking with someone and also with a part of their anatomy.  I don't recall any details of the conversation.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 03:20:20 AM »

Had a dream where my face was the texture of cantaloupe rind, the lines were a mustardy color. And there was a scar like structure on my cheek that was a little patched over. I awoke and realized I had fallen asleep at my kitchen counter staring at a cantaloupe. Then I actually awoke and realized I was in my bed and started freaking out and my face felt weird but there was nothing there.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »

Not technically a dream. . .

BACKGROUND:  Once a month, I visit friends who live 45 miles away.  We stay up 'til midnight or 1am playing cards, then crash there.  My spot is one-half of the L-shaped couch.

Anyhow, this month, I woke up about 4am, convinced that (a) my neighbor's snores meant something in a foreign language; (b) the cat understood what they meant; and (c) the cat would be providing me with a transcript in the morning.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2015, 03:04:54 AM »

Had a dream about a girl whom I sort of liked at my university. It began with her berating me as is the case in RL but then it seemed as if we got into deeper and more serious conversation. It ended with us being pretty intimate in an innocent and sweet way-cuddling, kissing, and the like. All in all the vision was quite lovely and one of the best phantasies I've had in my nachtleben-I wish I had written down the details of it after I woke up since I've forgotten most of the vivid details.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2015, 04:13:23 AM »

I leave the TV on when I go to sleep, so a lot of my dreams I've found out conflict with whatever's on TV during the dream.

For example, I remember one night when I fell asleep right around when A.N.T. Farm was on and I had a dream about the movie Hatching Pete that it turned out aired later on in the night.

In the dream, I was in the locker room getting a pep talk from Jake Short and Brian Stepanek telling me everyone came to see the chicken after a long hiatus, and they needed the chicken to win the game. I drove out onto the field in a low rider in a chicken mascot suit and I got on top of the car and started dancing as the crowd was roaring. After the home football team won, I went up to Jason Dolley who was sitting in the crowd, took off the chicken head to the costume and fist-bumped him like I knew him as a friend.

This is what makes them interesting. I could simply just think up a dream in my sleep out of nothing, but these shows or movies that are on just makes them something else that's hard to explain.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2015, 03:20:31 AM »

I just dreamt that I was an event with Bill Cassidy and I was scolding him for running for Senate. Sort of like I did when I met him in RL, though I was a lot more subtle then.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies