Article of Impeachment Against President Lumine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:22:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Article of Impeachment Against President Lumine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against President Lumine  (Read 2362 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:50:09 PM »

Senators, articles of impeachment have been filed against President Lumine:

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT AGAINST PRESIDENT LUMINE
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Having failed to post on the Fantasy Government for eight consecutive days (184 hours; from December 03, 2014, 08:32:09 pm to December 11, 2014, 12:14:33 pm), an article of impeachment shall be automatically placed before Senate in accordance with Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution and thus considered accordingly.

Please discuss the merits of this indictment.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 07:10:17 PM »

While I recognize that I haven't been engaged with the Senate, I have done my best to remain active during some particularly busy days for me, and I believe this impeachment effort by Griffin to be nothing more than a publicity stunt.

I strongly believe that no impeachable offenses were committed by me and the Vice-President, and I humbly ask the Senate to reject these articles of impeachment.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:12:13 PM »
« Edited: December 13, 2014, 07:31:23 PM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

I won't vote to impeach Senator Lumine.
This isn't his duty to participate in the senate threads, although he of course can. What he has to do is to sign bills or redraft. No bill had passed during this period, so he had nothing to do.
So this will be a Nay,
Especially considering he has been active with his ISIS stuff

EDIT: And, Griffin did nothing wrong, he just respected the constitution. So, no need to attack him.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 07:37:19 PM »

I'll just say that I've never directly called for the President to be removed from office, but I'm incensed at the level of whining for merely following the Constitution and introducing these impeachment articles. Of course they deserved to be introduced by someone - anyone - because that is the law. Federal officeholders swear to uphold and defend the Constitution, after all. If the game worked as intended, then they would automatically manifest via robot (Yankee?) as the law states. Nobody was upset in the past about these articles of impeachment being introduced for other Senators who didn't engage on the FG board but who did on the FE board (Xahar).

This particular article and clause has been finely tuned multiple times over the year and is purposefully designed to be the way it is; officeholders have to engage on the Government board, as that is where the actual decision-making and game play really occur. A message needs to be sent to all Senators, the President and the Vice-President that their continued and active presence on this board is required, regardless of whatever excuses ("my role has been changed", "I have real life unlike everyone else", "I posted on the FE board", etc) may be. These people should spend more time reflecting on how they are letting the electorate down and less time blaming me or anyone else for their failings.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 08:01:45 PM »

If the game worked as intended, then they would automatically manifest via robot (Yankee?)

A+
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 02:33:12 AM »

So national razor or the Romanov treatment?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 04:12:20 AM »

While I believe the President should be more active in commenting on the Senate's proceedings, this impeachment proceeding has only been brought because the President has made his thread on the Elections board his primary office rather than the Government board. I don't believe he should be punished for choosing to more actively engage with the citizens than his predecessors.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 06:59:17 AM »

I have to say, I doubt that I posted every seven days in the FG board in my time as President. There is just not so much to do here if you, as BK stated, communicate more with all citizens and let the Senate do its business alone.
I have absolutely no intention to vote for this impeachment.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 11:47:57 PM »

While I recognize that I haven't been engaged with the Senate, I have done my best to remain active during some particularly busy days for me, and I believe this impeachment effort by Griffin to be nothing more than a publicity stunt.

I strongly believe that no impeachable offenses were committed by me and the Vice-President, and I humbly ask the Senate to reject these articles of impeachment.

Griffin the Red Monster, huh?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=182168.msg3937989#msg3937989

Whatever.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 11:50:43 PM »

Griffin the Red Monster, huh?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=182168.msg3937989#msg3937989

Whatever.

Your point? At the time I thought the amendment to be a good idea, so did most of Atlasia.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 01:59:55 AM »

"I was fine with it, until I was affected by it."

Cool story bro
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 02:18:00 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2014, 02:19:59 AM by President LumineVonReuental »

Do you expect me to reply otherwise? I didn't notice the potential for mistakes until it was my turn to see the consecuences, so you can hardly blame me for changing my position.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »

Lmao,
Sorry but this is hilarious.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 12:37:30 PM »

Windy, you found exactly the rights words Tongue
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2014, 01:11:46 AM »

Impeachement is a serious charge, but it must be considered that it does put the process in motion it does not specify the end result (removal). The process occurring as an automatic trigger and thus creating the potential for removal, is suppose to act as the inducement for the PResident to conform to the standard applied in the text. The President can make a case as to why he should not be impeached and the Senate has the discretion to decline to do so.

I think that when it comes to the fact that the impeachement is not gone through with and seeing that as a disappointment, misses the fact that using impeachment in this instance is a novel occurence and that the end goal is to induce the activity. The mood of the Senators can be hard to predict and thus to avoid the risk of a Senate with seven Windjammers on issue voting for the obvious result, compliance would be the regular approach. That was my understanding when I voted for the amendments that established this process. In every other case, the end goal of impeachement is to punish for an offense that has been committed. One requires impeachment to actually be carried through with, whilst the other does not necessarily do likewise.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 12:46:49 PM »

Impeachement is a serious charge, but it must be considered that it does put the process in motion it does not specify the end result (removal). The process occurring as an automatic trigger and thus creating the potential for removal, is suppose to act as the inducement for the PResident to conform to the standard applied in the text. The President can make a case as to why he should not be impeached and the Senate has the discretion to decline to do so.

I think that when it comes to the fact that the impeachement is not gone through with and seeing that as a disappointment, misses the fact that using impeachment in this instance is a novel occurence and that the end goal is to induce the activity. The mood of the Senators can be hard to predict and thus to avoid the risk of a Senate with seven Windjammers on issue voting for the obvious result, compliance would be the regular approach. That was my understanding when I voted for the amendments that established this process. In every other case, the end goal of impeachement is to punish for an offense that has been committed. One requires impeachment to actually be carried through with, whilst the other does not necessarily do likewise.
Seven Windjammers???
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 02:08:58 PM »

Seven people who decide, like you, that the letter of the law must be followed and would vote in favor.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 07:38:19 PM »

This is totally silly. I'm not gonna vote for this.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 11:06:38 AM »

I guess we could open this vote by now?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 12:02:28 PM »

We're trying to behead another president? Sheesh, and I thought I had it tough sometimes during my eight months. Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 09:13:02 PM »

We're trying to behead another president? Sheesh, and I thought I had it tough sometimes during my eight months. Tongue

I'm not popular at all, Duke, that can be a rather huge problem, xD
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »

Well, with some thought, I will probably Abstain, or vote Aye if there are enough Nay votes.

Not against you Lumine, just symbolical, I would like the president to be more involved in the senate threads.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 03:31:38 PM »

As the debate seems to have concluded, this vote is now open. Please vote aye or nay on the impeachment of President Lumine. Voting will last one week or until a majority has been reached.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 07:17:30 PM »

Nay
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 04:24:36 AM »