Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2018, 02:19:51 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Gustaf, Lumine)
| | |-+  Article of Impeachment Against President Lumine (search mode)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Article of Impeachment Against President Lumine  (Read 1857 times)
People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2014, 02:33:12 am »

So national razor or the Romanov treatment?

People's Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives

"A majority held in restraint by constitutional checks and limitations, and always changing easily with deliberate changes of popular opinions and sentiments, is the only true sovereign of a free people." - Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, emphasis mine.
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 01:11:46 am »

Impeachement is a serious charge, but it must be considered that it does put the process in motion it does not specify the end result (removal). The process occurring as an automatic trigger and thus creating the potential for removal, is suppose to act as the inducement for the PResident to conform to the standard applied in the text. The President can make a case as to why he should not be impeached and the Senate has the discretion to decline to do so.

I think that when it comes to the fact that the impeachement is not gone through with and seeing that as a disappointment, misses the fact that using impeachment in this instance is a novel occurence and that the end goal is to induce the activity. The mood of the Senators can be hard to predict and thus to avoid the risk of a Senate with seven Windjammers on issue voting for the obvious result, compliance would be the regular approach. That was my understanding when I voted for the amendments that established this process. In every other case, the end goal of impeachement is to punish for an offense that has been committed. One requires impeachment to actually be carried through with, whilst the other does not necessarily do likewise.

"A majority held in restraint by constitutional checks and limitations, and always changing easily with deliberate changes of popular opinions and sentiments, is the only true sovereign of a free people." - Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, emphasis mine.
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 12:21:27 am »

Abstain

Don't let it happen again.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout