Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 06:15:50 am
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Election 2018 predictions for US Senate are now open!.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Forum Community
| |-+  Forum Community (Moderators: TexasGurl, Cath, TJ in Wisco)
| | |-+  Personal news... death of a friend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Personal news... death of a friend  (Read 2105 times)
3D X 31
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sweden
View Profile
« on: December 14, 2014, 04:09:59 pm »
Ignore

I lost my best friend 29 days ago. I am reluctant to post such a private story here, but I wanted to know how people here deal with serious adversity in their personal lives. I am still raw and life doesn't seem real right now.
When was the last time you faced such a life altering event and how did you move on?

I'd like to find a support group for internet addicts. The trouble is, they're all online.

"Spock you're the most cold-blooded man I've ever known."

"Why thank you Doctor"

help with posting:
http://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=help;page=post#bbcref
Snowguy716
snowguy716
YaBB God
Austria

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:16:51 pm »
Ignore

I lost my mom a year ago and there's no easy way around it. You'll never really get totally over it.  Just cherish the good memories and those you still have around.  And don't be afraid to cry about it now and then.

Im sorry for your loss.

"Above and beyond the question of how to grow the economy there is a legitimate concern about how to grow the quality of our lives."

"Marcia Timmel said: "I'm so small and the darkness is so great." We must light a candle."

"The Democratic Party has lost much of its credibility with working class and poor people.  It retards progress towards presenting a genuine alternative."

"There is no time for timidity."

-Paul Wellstone
WeAreDoomed
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 07:36:30 pm »
Ignore

Very sorry for your loss. It will take a while to accept what happened, if you ever want to talk about this feel free to message me.
3D X 31
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sweden
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 08:08:11 pm »
Ignore

Thanks for the kind words, of course it hasn't gotten any easier in such a short time, but at least I know what to expect, the regular routine of life which was relatively easy is now more difficult, I tend to focus on the future more than normal, wishing time would move along, which of course it will. I know it will always be something that will hard to put behind me because right now I don't want to accept it or let go, and I probably never will, but I am getting used to feeling sad a lot, missing him terribly and will get used to whatever pain will follow me into the future.

Life will always be uncertain and maybe it will be easier not to expect it to ever be any less than difficult, I have a big family and have lost quite a few of them already and can't expect to be spared further loss.

I'd like to find a support group for internet addicts. The trouble is, they're all online.

"Why thank you Doctor"

help with posting:
GaussLaw
YaBB God
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 08:25:43 pm »
Ignore

Very sorry for your loss. It will take a while to accept what happened, if you ever want to talk about this feel free to message me.

Uhhhh, I don't wanna decide. When we're left, I'm right, and vice-versa. Physics. Bible.

PM:
E: 1.52
S: 4.67
Oak Hills
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 08:31:31 pm »
Ignore

Sorry for your loss; I don't know how that would feel because I've never lost anyone that close to me.  RIP.

Trump does not have America's interests in mind: he does not know what these are and he does not care to learn. What he cares about is his own ego. He is willing to destroy America and the world to satisfy it.
3D X 31
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sweden
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 11:01:06 am »
Ignore

thanks again for the condolences

"Why thank you Doctor"

help with posting:
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 11:12:19 am »
Ignore

Sorry for your loss; I don't know how that would feel because I've never lost anyone that close to me.  RIP.

Economic:  -2.71
Social:  -5.74
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
YaBB God
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -6.09

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 11:20:49 am »
Ignore

I lost my mom dad a 2 years ago and there's no easy way around it. You'll never really get totally over it.  Just cherish the good memories and those you still have around.  And don't be afraid to cry about it now and then.

Im sorry for your loss.
Napoleon
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 03:43:54 pm »
Ignore

Hit the gym and go no contact.

Yeah, after four years of being a non-disruptive poster on the forum, never considered a troublemaker, even someone who was liked well enough to be elected Atlasian President, Napoleon should be allowed to stay.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 08:22:43 pm »
Ignore

Don't forget to do things you enjoy. It's good to remember your friend as well, don't shy away from it. Don't forget to talk about the situation, your friend, or how you feel either. Talking about it is important.
RR1997
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 08:24:06 pm »
Ignore

That's really sad. I lost some loved ones earlier this year. I refuse to talk about it on a public forum, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it.

PM Economic: +1.03
PM Social:  -3.83

Hillary Clinton 2016
Michael Bloomberg 2016
3D X 31
tmcusa2
YaBB God
Sweden
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:12 am »
Ignore

Winter is early this year. It is difficult to sort out my feelings, with all the 'holiday stress', brutal cold on top of dealing with loss.

"Why thank you Doctor"

help with posting:
Grumpy Santa
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2014, 10:44:58 am »
Ignore

Take your time.  Everyone grieves differently.  I lost my mother in law and my father this year......takes time.  There is no right or wrong way to feel.

Grumpy Santa's Helpers

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout