Personal news... death of a friend (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:37:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Personal news... death of a friend (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Personal news... death of a friend  (Read 2259 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« on: December 14, 2014, 04:09:59 PM »

I lost my best friend 29 days ago. I am reluctant to post such a private story here, but I wanted to know how people here deal with serious adversity in their personal lives. I am still raw and life doesn't seem real right now.
When was the last time you faced such a life altering event and how did you move on?
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, of course it hasn't gotten any easier in such a short time, but at least I know what to expect, the regular routine of life which was relatively easy is now more difficult, I tend to focus on the future more than normal, wishing time would move along, which of course it will. I know it will always be something that will hard to put behind me because right now I don't want to accept it or let go, and I probably never will, but I am getting used to feeling sad a lot, missing him terribly and will get used to whatever pain will follow me into the future.

Life will always be uncertain and maybe it will be easier not to expect it to ever be any less than difficult, I have a big family and have lost quite a few of them already and can't expect to be spared further loss.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 11:01:06 AM »

thanks again for the condolences
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »

Winter is early this year. It is difficult to sort out my feelings, with all the 'holiday stress', brutal cold on top of dealing with loss.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies