December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:05:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Poll
Question: What party was the winner/loser of the senate election
Labor/Federalist

Labor/TPP

Federalist/Labor

Federalist/TPP

TPP/Labor

TPP/Federalist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser  (Read 9118 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 15, 2014, 03:19:26 PM »

Go.

I'd personally say TPP (winning 2 seats in spite of being a smaller party in terms of registration) and Federalists (total disaster).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 03:21:12 PM »

I'll vote Labor/Federalists.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »

Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2014, 03:33:48 PM by Ambassador Cassius »

I don't think that the Federalist Party performed that badly; sure, we lost a seat, but it was only by a two vote margin. It was always going to be tough to elect two Federalists in the at-large elections (that was only managed very narrowly back in August), and this time round we narrowly missed out. No big deal.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »

If BK's results are accurate I don't see how anyone could vote anything other than a historic victory for both TPP and Labor. Through good vote management Labor got both their candidates comfortably elected with a quota after everyone had written off SWE, and we held two seats against all conceivable odds.

The Federalists are looking more and more like the Liberals every day. I'm shocked no-one's taken the obvious route of founding a right-wing party that isn't an utter joke.

The DRs are also a minor loser for failing to organise a proper campaign and apparently not being aware Deus wasn't running again.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 03:39:08 PM »

The Party. I know Yankee will disagree,  but I don't see how this is in any way, shape or form a win for the Federalists. Sorry buddy Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »

Oakvale and Adam Griffin/Windjammer = wizard kings of electoral math
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 03:48:19 PM »

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »

TPP and Labor won, the Federalists and the D-Rs clearly lost.

In my view the two right-of-center parties are obviously disorganized. The Federalist Party is a mere one-man show. If no one else besides Yankee is willing to lift a finger the party won't be able to survive in the long run.
The level of disorganization among the D-Rs appears even worse but I'm not sure that party ever had a clear power structure in the first place.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »

I think what you can say with absolute certainty, is that this was a disaster for the Federalists and the D-Rs. For those of us in the left/centre-left bloc to pick up 3(1 more to be confirmed)/5 seats... is just inexplicable.... well it can be explained, but it's still weird.

Cris was one of the strongest candidates the right bloc could possibly put up. JCL did get lucky numbers-wise in August, he did get supported by some pretty inexplicable votes toward the end of voting. So those votes dried up and the right's GOTV was underwhelming, he was probably doomed. The D-Rs problem was that they didn't have a candidate until the last few days and he would have been assisted by Senator Deus actually announcing that he wasn't running, to enable Maxwell to be on the ballot and not require write-ins.

Labor regained its strength and got two candidates up in the first round, which, as the largest party, it should have.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 05:46:54 PM »

I kind of decided on the whim that I was running. We knew for a while Deus wasn't running, none of us really wanted to go for the seat though.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 06:02:09 PM »

Oakvale and Adam Griffin/Windjammer = wizard kings of electoral math
Purple heart
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 06:42:34 PM »

Clearly it was a great victory for the Transcendental Democrats Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 03:14:19 AM »

No one won.
DRs because they blew a seat because of a total absence of party infrastructure.
Federalist lost because of failing to turn their voters.
TPP lost because they believed it was an easy win, I recall oakvale telling me I was an idiot to think labors could get 2 seats and that we should focuse only on swe. If rightwing turnout was a little higher, they would have lost.
And finally Labor lost because one of their candidates didn't campaign at all even if he was in the race for at least 2 MONTHS! Labor winning 2 seats was a miracle.
Peeperkorn
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 0.65, S: -6.78

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 03:46:29 AM »

¡Ni un voto a la derecha!
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2014, 06:16:09 AM »

I have to agree with windjammer.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2014, 07:01:27 AM »
« Edited: December 16, 2014, 07:04:20 AM by Bacon King »

TPP lost because they believed it was an easy win, I recall oakvale telling me I was an idiot to think labors could get 2 seats and that we should focuse only on swe. If rightwing turnout was a little higher, they would have lost.

Counterpoint on behalf of my party:

The real problem for us was your unexpected and impressive coup of recruiting Lief to run as a member of Labor. He was honestly the only candidate who could have realistically won a second seat for y'all, and we didn't see it coming at all. Lief swept the votes of virtually every Labor-TPP swing voter, whose first preferences Polnut and I were counting on. It's a TPP victory, IMO, because our two-candidate strategy worked even though you sabotaged our original master plan so successfully. It's also worth noting most of our campaign team couldn't give our full effort last weekend, due to things like university finals and focusing on Christmas (Tongue).

Also you shouldn't sell your party short. Regardless of the details, you've now got half of the seats in the Senate (and only need to compromise with us in order to get a veto-proof majority on anything Grin)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2014, 08:05:35 AM »

I'd say that these are the winners:

BACON KING is elected At-Large Senator.
CRIS is elected At-Large Senator.
LIEF is elected At-Large Senator.
POLNUT is elected At-Large Senator.
SOMEBODYWHOEXISTS is elected At-Large Senator.

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »

Labor is the clear winner in this contest, given that up until last week, we had been reduced to but a vocal minority within the Senate. Now, in spite of everything, we have achieved our pre-Crisis position once again, commanding half of the Senate and allowing us to form a formidable bulwark of opposition against the far-right, warmongering Lumine administration. A victory for all working people and all progressives, to be sure.

And of course, the total losers of this race were the Fedoralists, who continue to be an utter laughing stock of a party.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »

In the past months the Federalists have -

Lost a safe right-wing seat by failing to respond to strategic registration Loss

Won a Presidential election Win

Lost that President's vacant seat to a minor party Loss

Saw their incumbent Senator lose despite a field including no libertarian and a candidate who literally didn't campaign Loss

This doesn't even include insanity like coming close to replacing the most popular President in a generation with Naso on their ticket.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 11:52:36 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Well, This is a lesson I have learnt after having watched an episode of Xena the Warrior 10 years ago: in order to fight gods, you have to recruit a god. Both you and polnut are extremely well appreciated on this  forum for obviously well reasons and the only way to fight that was to recruit a God: Llief the wonderful, someone who is deeply beloved on this forum too.
I had noticed he was more and more active in the atlas fantasy board these recent days, so he wasn't difficult at all to recruit.
Lief is again a wonderful guy and him being a member of my party is obviously a splendid new.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Believe it or not, but I wasn't extremely involved during this campaign. I really started to focus 2 days before the deadline by recruiting Lief. And then after, Ii had just sent few messages to make sure Lief got the independent vote. This was really the last day I started to be actively campaigning.  Because, me too I was busy Tongue.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2014, 01:34:25 PM »

TPP and Labor won, the Federalists and the D-Rs clearly lost.

In my view the two right-of-center parties are obviously disorganized. The Federalist Party is a mere one-man show. If no one else besides Yankee is willing to lift a finger the party won't be able to survive in the long run.
The level of disorganization among the D-Rs appears even worse but I'm not sure that party ever had a clear power structure in the first place.

That's probably because the D-Rs have less than a quarter of the membership of the Federalist Party...
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »

I'd say that these are the winners:

BACON KING is elected At-Large Senator.
CRIS is elected At-Large Senator.
LIEF is elected At-Large Senator.
POLNUT is elected At-Large Senator.
SOMEBODYWHOEXISTS is elected At-Large Senator.

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »

The fact that Federalists won only one senate seat with nearly the same number of members as the Labor party really speaks volumes about their voter turnout system.

What the Federalists need is a blue Griffin.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 03:54:29 PM »

The fact that Federalists won only one senate seat with nearly the same number of members as the Labor party really speaks volumes about their voter turnout system.

What the Federalists need is a blue Griffin.

They've been a remarkable travesty since Hagrid left.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies