December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:04:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party was the winner/loser of the senate election
Labor/Federalist

Labor/TPP

Federalist/Labor

Federalist/TPP

TPP/Labor

TPP/Federalist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser  (Read 9240 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« on: December 15, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »

TPP and Labor won, the Federalists and the D-Rs clearly lost.

In my view the two right-of-center parties are obviously disorganized. The Federalist Party is a mere one-man show. If no one else besides Yankee is willing to lift a finger the party won't be able to survive in the long run.
The level of disorganization among the D-Rs appears even worse but I'm not sure that party ever had a clear power structure in the first place.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 11:14:27 AM »

TPP and Labor won, the Federalists and the D-Rs clearly lost.

In my view the two right-of-center parties are obviously disorganized. The Federalist Party is a mere one-man show. If no one else besides Yankee is willing to lift a finger the party won't be able to survive in the long run.
The level of disorganization among the D-Rs appears even worse but I'm not sure that party ever had a clear power structure in the first place.

That's probably because the D-Rs have less than a quarter of the membership of the Federalist Party...

The TPP is also quite a small party but yet they managed to get two people elected by running their best guys (that wasn't always the case, see the most recent NE Senate election) and due to excellent GOTV efforts.
I may be wrong, but the fact that no one ran to replace Deus until the announcement of two last-minute write-in-campaigns gave off the impression of a party in disarray. It's an uphill battle to win an at-large Senate seat for a small party like yours but I believe it could have been possible considering the bench of qualified candidates you have to offer.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:28:38 PM »

I think the Feds and D-R's are different parties for a reason, because a general "right-wing" party doesn't really work. There will always be that split. That being said, I believe the right person can unite both of those parties in a Presidential election, a fiscal conservative who doesn't offend socons or libertarian types (aka someone who is silent on those marriage issues while at the same time pro-gay marriage and maybe pro choice). There are few like that, but someone exists, for sure.

For example, I would try to rally D-R's behind a Hagrid for President candidacy if he became an active member of the game again.

Hagrid would seem like an excellent candidate to unite D-R's and Federalists indeed. But reading his comments on the previous page ('right-wing extremists','bigoted imbeciles') I am not sure he's still interested in being a candidate of the right. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »

The issue Windjammer is touching on is another major reason why the Right has problems outside the fact that the main right-wing party is a literal joke - organising libertarians is like herding cats. You could be comfortably winning an election with the generic Right candidate and then a bunch of the libertarians will go off en masse and vote for Poirot or something. You can see this clearly in the Mideast Senate race, when the libertarians refused (er, understandably enough but you know) to vote for Cassius, meaning that Windjammer would have won even without his zombie armada. That says shocking things about the state of the right.

(Oh, and I'd vote for Hagrid too, if he ever came back. RIP, FF. Cry )

Oh and oakvale, I would have never tried to make this region a Labor region if the great member of your party, Simfan, didn't have moved so many rightwingers from the Midwest and the Mideast to the Pacific.
I know everyone knows that Simfan not only made TNF safe, he as well created an opportunity for the left to win in the most socially conservative region. I would have never tried to turn this region if Keaton, Zuwo, enderman and some others hadn't moved.

I cannot thank him enough, especially at the same time you wanted absolutely Labor to collapse, finally they gained a seat Cheesy.

I can't speak for the other guys you mentioned but Simfan had nothing to do with my decision to move to the Pacific. Ever since I became an independent I have been completely out of the loop regarding party politics, partisan schemes and ploys and I enjoy that a lot.
I moved to the Pacific simply because it's fun to try something new every once in a while.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 06:41:36 AM »

I didn't know you had to pro-choice to be a libertarian in Atlasia. If I recall correctly at least two prominent D-R's are openly pro-life ...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies