December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:55:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What party was the winner/loser of the senate election
Labor/Federalist

Labor/TPP

Federalist/Labor

Federalist/TPP

TPP/Labor

TPP/Federalist

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: December 2014 At-Large Senate Election: Winner/Loser  (Read 9220 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 16, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »

The fact that Federalists won only one senate seat with nearly the same number of members as the Labor party really speaks volumes about their voter turnout system.

What the Federalists need is a blue Griffin.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 08:57:19 PM »

Shouldn't the results have been fairly predictable? Right-wing turnout was low and thus with 6 candidates for 5 seats (write-ins not included) it was likely that the more radical of the Federalist candidates failed to get in and all the others did.
It was close though; had JCL been more moderate I think they would have gotten that second seat.

The problem for the Federalists is what you outlined, "Right wing turnout was low". This is the biggest problem for the current Federalist Party, it's unfortunate that Yankee has to run his party by himself, it must be extremely difficult, and if they had an active core, they could have easily gotten two seats.

GriffGraph® showed that the Federalist Party had a turnout of 51%, this is on a fantasy election game on an American-styled political website, that number should be closer to 80%. Labor did fine, 75% of their members voted, The People's Party had a phenomenal turnout, over 95%, and those are the reasons TPP and Labor won two seats each. TPP has very active, high profile people, Labor has the Griffin turnout machine, and the reason the left (if we had to characterize TPP it would be more towards the left of the political spectrum) has seven seats in the Atlasian senate, and it's because of the huge obstacles of inactivity and the nobody stepping up in the Federalist Party.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 10:42:06 PM »

What's all this rubbish about TPP being a "left-wing" party?

As I said, if you have to characterize TPP, it's more of a leftist party than a right wing party.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »

Also, I'm flattered at all the commentary about my "turnout machine" and perceived involvement, but it's really just not the case. While I did contact a few close friends to vote who I thought might not otherwise do so and did try to run the numbers on the final day to see where things were, the real heavy-lifting was done by several others. Perhaps it'd be fair to say that the machine I built in the past was and is still well-oiled and operational, but it takes the work of others now to keep it that way.

That is exactly what I was trying to say, I really didn't make that clear. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies