north korea and nuclear testing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:48:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  north korea and nuclear testing
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: north korea and nuclear testing  (Read 1427 times)
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2005, 01:58:24 PM »

what should happen to north korea if they stage a nuclear test?

personally, i beleive north korean extinction would be the best option in that scenario.  for too many years, too many presidential administrations have allowed north korea to do basically what they want to do.

we should make clear, in no uncertain terms, that a nuclear test will absolutely not be tolerated.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »

Oh please.  Kim Jong Il is a genious for getting the Nuke.  Saddam's certainly wishing he had a few before the bliztkreig rolled over him.  Sovereignty in the age of US agression = a nice nuclear arsenal.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 03:55:54 PM »

Oh please.  Kim Jong Il is a genious for getting the Nuke.  Saddam's certainly wishing he had a few before the bliztkreig rolled over him.  Sovereignty in the age of US agression = a nice nuclear arsenal.

6,000>1 or 2

it is high time the us stop acting like a wussy.  we should blow these  terrorist states off the map.   id start witrh north korea, but syria would be a close second.
○∙◄☻Ĩtπ[╪AV┼cVę└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 03:57:49 PM »

6,000>1 or 2

it is high time the us stop acting like a wussy.  we should blow these  terrorist states off the map.   id start witrh north korea, but syria would be a close second.

What's your plan with North Korea? He could level Seoul  (the 5th largest city in the world) in minutes with conventional weapons, and then lob a nuke there or Tokyo. He's got a huge army. A lot of our forces are tied up in Iraq. I don't see what we can realistically do to North Korea.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 04:08:12 PM »

6,000>1 or 2

Why?  None of those states has done anything remotely as 'terroristic' as what we have just done in Iraq.  You're just applying a double standard.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

6,000>1 or 2

Why?  None of those states has done anything remotely as 'terroristic' as what we have just done in Iraq.  You're just applying a double standard.

Not that I'm agreeing with WalterMitty but starving your population to death isn't a good enough reason? If we started starving off your home state I think you'd call other governments for help to attack the US.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2005, 04:23:30 PM »

6,000>1 or 2

Not that I'm agreeing with WalterMitty but starving your population to death isn't a good enough reason? If we started starving off your home state I think you'd call other governments for help to attack the US.

Oh please, that could be US right-wing propaganda, or maybe they simply ran out of food.  Besides, the US is oppressing its own population - the drug war is a blatant violation of human rights, and we have an enormous percentage of our population in prisons.   Land of the Free my ass, more like land of the jailhouse.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2005, 04:58:55 PM »

6,000>1 or 2

Oh please, that could be US right-wing propaganda, or maybe they simply ran out of food.  Besides, the US is oppressing its own population - the drug war is a blatant violation of human rights, and we have an enormous percentage of our population in prisons.   Land of the Free my ass, more like land of the jailhouse.

Yes the land of the free to move. Why don't you move if you dislike America or at least almost all of the policies we have?
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 08:09:35 PM »

6,000>1 or 2

Yes the land of the free to move. Why don't you move if you dislike America or at least almost all of the policies we have?

Indeed. Go to Canada or something. We'll trade Richius for you - he wants to come here.

Of course, if you lived in North Korea, you wouldn't be making those trips to Thailand every year, or ever, or anywhere for that matter, since they don't let you leave.
The Man From G.O.P.
TJN2024
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 08:23:17 PM »

Not to get off topic..

Yesterday my history teacher said that north koreans are becoming physically smaller due to constant malnutrition (sp) I called out "awesome we could keep em as pets!"

she wasn't amused

just thought id let you know
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2005, 08:26:59 PM »

Not to get off topic..

Yesterday my history teacher said that north koreans are becoming physically smaller due to constant malnutrition (sp) I called out "awesome we could keep em as pets!"

she wasn't amused

just thought id let you know

LOL
ragnar
grendel
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 02:21:21 PM »

personally, i beleive north korean extinction would be the best option in that scenario.  for too many years, too many presidential administrations have allowed north korea to do basically what they want to do.

we should make clear, in no uncertain terms, that a nuclear test will absolutely not be tolerated.

Bush ainīt gonna do anything about North Korea, if they got the nuke.

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 03:25:13 PM »

Well if that turns out to be true then South Korea is screwed because the UN certainly will never do anything about it.
ragnar
grendel
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 03:41:16 PM »

Well if that turns out to be true then South Korea is screwed because the UN certainly will never do anything about it.

North Korea will most likely not invade the South.
The reason to this is:
1: South Korea army is Better
2: If an invasion happen, USA will support SK military
3: China will stop the help to NK

I really doubt any countries in the UN is gonna support NK, an invasion of SK, will most likely end up with an War ala Golf War 1. But USA, SK, Japan and maybe China will be the ones who defeat NK
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 03:44:56 PM »

The reason to this is:

I really doubt any countries in the UN is gonna support NK, an invasion of SK, will most likely end up with an War ala Golf War 1. But USA, SK, Japan and maybe China will be the ones who defeat NK

Didn't say any countries in the UN would help NK but most of them wouldn't help stop the invasion.

1. SK army is better but NK could overrun the country in a matter of hours, no matter how good their army is.
2. Yes but it will have to be an attack from a beach and no direct starting base on SK land.
3. China MIGHT help stop NK but probably won't. They let us use all of our resources and then be in a better position to retake Taiwan!
ragnar
grendel
Rookie

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 03:56:41 PM »

The reason to this is:

Didn't say any countries in the UN would help NK but most of them wouldn't help stop the invasion.

1. SK army is better but NK could overrun the country in a matter of hours, no matter how good their army is.
2. Yes but it will have to be an attack from a beach and no direct starting base on SK land.
3. China MIGHT help stop NK but probably won't. They let us use all of our resources and then be in a better position to retake Taiwan!

1 & 2: the SK will beat back NK unless NK use nuclear weapon, and  if they does that, nothing will save NK
While SKs army is smaller in size it will fight on homeground, and SK have topmodern army, while NK is big but old.

3: The economical crisis that conflict will cause, will keep China from doing something stupid like that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies