The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:00:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 202472 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1750 on: September 24, 2016, 12:26:18 AM »

Literally a computer (my comment is more about religious studies than the first one listed; love those classes).

Gender studies are great too (normal, not a sexist).

Maybe, but computer science and statistics classes are far more interesting than either.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1751 on: September 24, 2016, 01:01:31 AM »

If you're a Fortune 100 CEO, you're a very smart, hard-working, highly successful person. That, of course, doesn't mean that millions of other people aren't also all of those qualities, but if I were running for president, I would want the support of all 100 of them. You (should) always want the smart, successful people on your side.

Francis pls excommunicate
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1752 on: September 25, 2016, 04:28:13 PM »

Nothing about this is incorrect, it's just ludicrously snobbish, supercilious, and hateful:

Populations that are insular and homogeneous tend to be easily coerced into buying populist and bigoted campaigns.  People in ME-02 are probably concerned that their jobs will be stolen by refugees, which is charming, because it assumes that anybody would want to live there if they weren't already born there.

These people had their chance to prove that they knew better.  Instead, they re-elected Paul LePage.  The invisible hand of the free market will be guiding ME-02 with its entrepreneurial heroin dealers and blue collar job losses for years to come.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1753 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:18 PM »

So Democratic hatred of rural voters has now extended to areas that voted for Obama twice? Great.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1754 on: September 25, 2016, 04:36:57 PM »

Such attitude is why people like Trump are getting momentum.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1755 on: September 25, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »

See, I find this far more insulting.  As a non-college educated, minimum wage fast food worker, people on this forum consistently make the observation that a voter like me would naturally gravitate towards Trump just for being "dumb and poor."  Well, I give people more credit than that, and I don't think being uneducated or poor is an excuse for racism.

Sure, the rhetoric is cold, I'll give you that much.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1756 on: September 25, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »

See, I find this far more insulting.  As a non-college educated, minimum wage fast food worker, people on this forum consistently make the observation that a voter like me would naturally gravitate towards Trump just for being "dumb and poor."  Well, I give people more credit than that, and I don't think being uneducated or poor is an excuse for racism.

It isn't, of course. I wish we could dismiss everybody that support Trump as racist, but it's just too convenient.

As a Polish voter I could probably talk for hours about why otherwise decent people are voting a certain way.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1757 on: September 25, 2016, 04:50:39 PM »

Nothing about this is incorrect, it's just ludicrously snobbish, supercilious, and hateful:

Populations that are insular and homogeneous tend to be easily coerced into buying populist and bigoted campaigns.  People in ME-02 are probably concerned that their jobs will be stolen by refugees, which is charming, because it assumes that anybody would want to live there if they weren't already born there.

These people had their chance to prove that they knew better.  Instead, they re-elected Paul LePage.  The invisible hand of the free market will be guiding ME-02 with its entrepreneurial heroin dealers and blue collar job losses for years to come.

Wrong basket. This was the one that Hillary was saying we should sympathize with, not think to ourselves, "Well, f 'em, they're voting for Trump." This kind of elitism in the Democratic Party is why Republicans are gaining in new voter registration now. The Obama-Obama-Trump voters do exist and we can't just label them as racist idiots. We need to be at least as accepting of them as we are of McCain-Romney-Clinton voters or the rapists and criminals Mexican immigrants. If Clinton's "deplorables" gaffe had sounded like this instead of what it actually was, then I would have reconsidered my support. This and the one above it are bad signs for the Democratic Party in the future. They need to re-become what are supposed to be: a party of the people, not the party of whoever is supporting them. But they do have a G-WA avatar so that explains some of it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1758 on: September 25, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »

Wrong basket. This was the one that Hillary was saying we should sympathize with, not think to ourselves, "Well, f 'em, they're voting for Trump." This kind of elitism in the Democratic Party is why Republicans are gaining in new voter registration now. The Obama-Obama-Trump voters do exist and we can't just label them as racist idiots. We need to be at least as accepting of them as we are of McCain-Romney-Clinton voters or the rapists and criminals Mexican immigrants. If Clinton's "deplorables" gaffe had sounded like this instead of what it actually was, then I would have reconsidered my support. This and the one above it are bad signs for the Democratic Party in the future. They need to re-become what are supposed to be: a party of the people, not the party of whoever is supporting them. But they do have a G-WA avatar so that explains some of it.

This right here, very interesting. The party of the people, you say? I'm trying to provide the perspective of a type of person who is politically ignored. Until the Fight for $15, fast food workers had no representation, no champion, no nothing. It sure as hell wasn't Donald Trump who got behind it and fought for better working conditions.

Ignore me at your own peril, and continue to try to win the votes of the "disappearing white middle class." Or, you know, start taking poverty seriously.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1759 on: September 25, 2016, 05:56:17 PM »

I like when well-off internet liberals who know literally nothing about living in any sort of life of struggle make the assumption that people in rural areas aren't voting Democrat because some other people on the internet said something mean about them.

Newsflash: They know exactly who they're voting for and why they're doing it - and people saying mean stuff about them on the internet is not why.

Of course, I expect them to continue ignoring people who actually associate and interact with them simply because "i read a book about them lol Smiley"
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1760 on: September 25, 2016, 06:09:06 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2016, 06:16:02 PM by Phyllis Dare, Secret Agent »

This right here, very interesting. The party of the people, you say? I'm trying to provide the perspective of a type of person who is politically ignored. Until the Fight for $15, fast food workers had no representation, no champion, no nothing. It sure as hell wasn't Donald Trump who got behind it and fought for better working conditions.

Ignore me at your own peril, and continue to try to win the votes of the "disappearing white middle class." Or, you know, start taking poverty seriously.

Nice conversational judo there. Very well-executed. I'm not even mad; that was extremely well-done.

I like when well-off internet liberals who know literally nothing about living in any sort of life of struggle make the assumption that people in rural areas aren't voting Democrat because some other people on the internet said something mean about them.

Newsflash: They know exactly who they're voting for and why they're doing it - and people saying mean stuff about them on the internet is not why.

Of course, I expect them to continue ignoring people who actually associate and interact with them simply because "i read a book about them lol Smiley"

1. You know nothing about my life or about my background.
2. Don't you live in the biggest city in the country?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1761 on: September 25, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »

What makes Ebowed's posts (and yours) bad is that the type of people they're talking about are everyone I know and I could be considered to be part of that group. It's very clear that they don't want Democrats to win our support and Democrats certainly aren't trying that hard this election cycle. But if we vote for someone else, then it's our fault and we deserve all the negative consequences. Most Trump voters aren't racist. They want change because they aren't well off. But I'm sure that you know way more about this than someone who lives in an upstate county with 1.5x as many Republicans as Democrats.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1762 on: September 25, 2016, 06:40:51 PM »

I know it's become a cliché to point it out but, still, thanks for posting this directly in the thread it belongs to.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1763 on: September 25, 2016, 08:26:18 PM »

Guys, guys... Everything sucks, okay? We don't need to argue that sh#t's sh#tty and that's all that sh#t is, m'kay?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1764 on: September 25, 2016, 09:29:19 PM »

Sure, the rhetoric is cold, I'll give you that much.

Lol, the meme about how liberals are just privileged white people in gated communities has some truth to it, but YaBoyNY could've just read the second sentence of Ebowed's post.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1765 on: September 26, 2016, 01:26:43 PM »

I actually don't dislike Hillary, as she's had to put up with the world's worst husband who just happens to be a real people's person while she comes across more rigid; sometimes I feel for her.  However, I don't fall for the narrative that she's remotely centrist or pro-business on economic issues, so I think she has pretty terrible views, and she's obviously crooked as the day is long.

I despise Trump for what he's doing to my party and the disgusting campaign he's run.
‼realJohnEwards‼
MatteKudasai
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.87

« Reply #1766 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:18 PM »

I actually don't dislike Hillary, as she's had to put up with the world's worst husband who just happens to be a real people's person while she comes across more rigid; sometimes I feel for her.  However, I don't fall for the narrative that she's remotely centrist or pro-business on economic issues, so I think she has pretty terrible views, and she's obviously crooked as the day is long.

I despise Trump for what he's doing to my party and the disgusting campaign he's run.
Um, what's wrong with this?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1767 on: September 26, 2016, 01:46:14 PM »

- Describing Bill Clinton as the world's worst husband with Anthony Weiner lurking just outside her closest circle
- Suggesting that Hillary has to "put up" with anything from Bill when she uses his coattails whenever she wants
- Suggesting that being "pro-business" is a desirable thing or that Hillary is not even remotely pro-business
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1768 on: September 26, 2016, 01:48:42 PM »

Basically, Santander wants the Republican Party to embrace bigotry and redistribution. Also, apparently, he wants them to be anti-business.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1769 on: September 26, 2016, 01:52:50 PM »

Yeah, Huma should just be fired because her husband sucks. Fersher.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1770 on: September 26, 2016, 01:54:36 PM »

With the Whitest, most economically egalitarian states gone, the remaining US would be even poorer and Browner. It would just make more swift this nation's inevitable decline into being a third world country where the vast majority of people live in slums.

Conversely, the gigantic infusion of relatively rich people into Canada (their population would increase by about a third) would probably help Canada avoid America's fate for at least another 50 years.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1771 on: September 26, 2016, 02:04:35 PM »

With the Whitest, most economically egalitarian states gone, the remaining US would be even poorer and Browner. It would just make more swift this nation's inevitable decline into being a third world country where the vast majority of people live in slums.

Conversely, the gigantic infusion of relatively rich people into Canada (their population would increase by about a third) would probably help Canada avoid America's fate for at least another 50 years.

Jesus.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1772 on: September 26, 2016, 02:10:21 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2016, 02:12:15 PM by Santander »

I actually don't dislike Hillary, as she's had to put up with the world's worst husband who just happens to be a real people's person while she comes across more rigid; sometimes I feel for her.  However, I don't fall for the narrative that she's remotely centrist or pro-business on economic issues, so I think she has pretty terrible views, and she's obviously crooked as the day is long.

Basically, Santander wants the Republican Party to embrace bigotry and redistribution. Also, apparently, he wants them to be anti-business.
No, I want the Republican Party to champion the free market, not take sides. There is a massive difference between being pro-market and being pro-business.

RINO Tom and the establishment in both parties wants government and business to do favors for each other.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1773 on: September 26, 2016, 05:30:32 PM »

No, I want the Republican Party to champion the free market, not take sides. There is a massive difference between being pro-market and being pro-business.

RINO Tom and the establishment in both parties wants government and business to do favors for each other.
Nah, you just want the government in the bedroom.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1774 on: September 26, 2016, 05:34:08 PM »

There is a massive difference between being pro-market and being pro-business.

I can't believe I just agreed with Santander.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies