Republicans and Democrats. Was there ever a point... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:18:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republicans and Democrats. Was there ever a point... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans and Democrats. Was there ever a point...  (Read 22004 times)
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« on: April 23, 2005, 08:37:39 AM »

I was unimpressed with anyone throughout the Democratic primaries, especially Kerry, so I thought Bush was going to win up until about May or so. As I started to research the maps more, I realized, "Hey, if we win Ohio, we can win the thing."

I think I accepted sooner that a Democrat can win an election than I did that John Kerry could. By the end of the race, I did think John Kerry was Presidential material, but for a while I was unsure. I still had my doubts about Kerry. I think my first moment of realizing that there really could be a President Kerry was early July or so, as I watched more of him. (I actually think his speaking style is very Presidential, that might have had an impact). I was never confident though. Throughout the campaign, I would always annoy fellow Dems (in RL) by saying Bush was going to win.

By the fall, I'd put on the pretty face that Kerry was going to win, probably mainly for school, since as the leading (only) politically inclined guy there, I didn't want to go marching around saying Bush had the thing wrapped up. I wasn't as down as everyone else in September, but after the first debate I actually had hope that Americans would see through Bush, but it didn't happen. I said I thought Kerry would win, and I thought he had a very good chance of winning, but I always had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind Bush would. I didn't trust the USA. The back of my mind was right.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies