The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:32:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229285 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: September 26, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1251 on: September 26, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »

Yeah f**ck working class people, especially if they vote in the wrong way, amirite?

So brave of you to talk sh**t about millions of people you've probably never met. Get a life.

LOL. Are you familiar with the demographics of south central Minneapolis at all?

The mayor of Minneapolis should issue a press release distancing the city from you, honestly.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1252 on: September 27, 2017, 02:48:22 AM »

Jesus, just take out your penises and compare them already.

Chances are, somewhere in an alternate universe, men actually do this on a regular basis.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1253 on: September 28, 2017, 06:40:56 AM »

What's the line for occasions like this? "I am glad that he's gone."

"Oh, but he helped to make Americans more comfortable with their sexuality." Sure, but in a way that should make no one proud. I don't care how much money he put toward funding Roe or whatever.

RIP and so on and so forth, but please forgive my lack of excitement about watching as people creepily salivate over his repulsive legacy over the next several days.

Hugh Hefner promoted a particularly twisted form of masculinity that remains the ideal for many American men - and he brought most of us closer to living that grotesque ideal, too. To the extent that he "reshaped our culture," it was to our detriment. I don't think that it's an exaggeration to say that without Hugh Hefner, we wouldn't have Donald Trump.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1254 on: September 29, 2017, 11:06:11 AM »

Sometimes even sarcasm is true, you see.

Don't be ridiculous. There was no such thing as racism until Trump started running for President.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #1255 on: September 30, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »

You just hate California because of your sad insecurities, but it's your life.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1256 on: October 01, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »

The problem with talk of "extremism" is that it fundamentally assumes that the problem with "extremists" is their extreme level of departure from the status quo. The kinds of people who think like this are a problem.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1257 on: October 02, 2017, 01:19:55 PM »

Some media outlets now say Islamic State has claimed responsibility for the attack, claiming Paddock had recently converted to Islam and was their soldier.

Of course: if a Westerner drives into a tree, ISIS will claim it was one of their agents who planted it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1258 on: October 03, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »

Context:

If your reaction to stories like this is 'who cares' it's a good sign that you also don't care about democracy
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1259 on: October 03, 2017, 08:04:47 PM »

When I read the comments on Eric Garland's tweetstorms, the main thing I think is "Wow, look at how grounded in reality these people are"
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1260 on: October 04, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »

The problem with talk of "extremism" is that it fundamentally assumes that the problem with "extremists" is their extreme level of departure from the status quo. The kinds of people who think like this are a problem.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
Talk of "extremism" as a problem in a political context assumes that uncommon ideas that are radical changes to the status quo are inherently problematic. This is obviously not good.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1261 on: October 04, 2017, 10:02:09 PM »

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
Talk of "extremism" as a problem in a political context assumes that uncommon ideas that are radical changes to the status quo are inherently problematic. This is obviously not good.

Lincoln was a 'extremist' who wanted to radically change the status quo and abolish slavery. The 'sensible' option would be to be leave slavery alone in the South and allow popular sovereignty in the territories.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1262 on: October 04, 2017, 10:49:14 PM »

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Lincoln was a 'extremist' who wanted to radically change the status quo and abolish slavery. The 'sensible' option would be to be leave slavery alone in the South and allow popular sovereignty in the territories.

This.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1263 on: October 06, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »

Ugh. This is such a feel-good gesture that really accomplishes nothing. It's a feel-good measure that won't help with anything whatsoever.

Yes. As is pretty much all gun control bills that pop up after a tragedy.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1264 on: October 06, 2017, 04:22:02 PM »

Context:

Cosby received paychecks. Weinstein writes them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1265 on: October 06, 2017, 05:29:28 PM »

Wow, this is a terrible interview. He comes off to me as a pretty standard politician that won't answer basic questions, but he doesn't even know how to properly dodge them.

Yeah, it's almost like he's an empty suit who only won the leadership race because he's a token "ethnic" or something.

Jesus H. Christ. High-ho, high-ho, onto ignore you go.

Sorry, let me amend that statement: because he's a token ethnic who wears a funny hat.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1266 on: October 08, 2017, 10:40:06 AM »

The GOP doesn't even have a majority of its own voters in support of tax cuts. Sad!

The big donors want the tax cuts, and that's who is important to the party leaders.

This is why Trump won.

Then proceeded to pursue and/or implement the very same policies that the donor class wanted. Trump's populism was a scam, a show, and millions of people were sold a sack of lies, which really should've been obvious; all right-wing populists are scam artists serving the upper class. Any opposition from the elite to Trump was based solely on hedging of bets, PR, and/or because his policies wouldn't benefit them in particular; they may be dismayed by his public acts of vulgarity and boorishness, and he may not be as well-liked as Rubio or even Pence, but he's only needed to sign his name on Congressional GOP legislation and appoint whomever they want to important positions.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1267 on: October 08, 2017, 08:56:46 PM »

Macron is so terrible he's making me nostalgic for freaking Jacques Chirac. I'm almost moved to vote Marco.

Why are French presidents so universally hated?

Maybe because they're terrible?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1268 on: October 10, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »

Big ups to both the NFL and ESPN for handling things in a way that makes both the left and the right hate them with equal energy.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1269 on: October 10, 2017, 03:26:11 PM »

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

This.

LOL, you could have chosen a much better example.......
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1270 on: October 16, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1271 on: October 16, 2017, 03:17:51 PM »

You exemplify everything wrong and disgusting about our country.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1272 on: October 16, 2017, 03:25:09 PM »

Dude, find a new hobby...  I just don't want to be in your political party, you need to accept it and stop being obsessed with getting me to join you in the Democratic Party!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1273 on: October 16, 2017, 04:01:11 PM »

Dude, find a new hobby...  I just don't want to be in your political party, you need to accept it and stop being obsessed with getting me to join you in the Democratic Party!

Was this directed at me or Santander? Huh
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1274 on: October 16, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »

A million more things and self inflicted wounds that were already down the memory hole by election day. Whether or not the Comey letter was her fault is immaterial to the discussion anyway. The point is, if it didn't happen or happened earlier, she would've won.

If people forgot the Access Hollywood tape and the dozen accusers by election night then America needs to be a dictatorship because the American people would be more stupid than a goldfish.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies