The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:46:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229334 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: December 06, 2017, 08:05:30 PM »

as always, nobody plays identity politics more pathetically than the right
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1351 on: December 07, 2017, 10:53:16 PM »

J Street is not representative of the Jewish community, I wouldn't even count them as faithful Jews.

Well you’re not even Jewish, so how about you just kindly f*** off?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1352 on: December 09, 2017, 01:09:55 AM »

There are no wings, only appendages, to the monstrosity of the GOP.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1353 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:52 PM »

We can stop the fetishization of Appalachia in general.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1354 on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:44 PM »

He is the pure id of the Republican base. An angry old white man who sits at home all day watching Fox and shouting at the TV.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1355 on: December 10, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »

Maybe not in this particular thread but this idea exists and has been floated by those who think whispering about black and brown issues will soothe the minds of triggered whites who have abandoned the Democratic Party in droves over the past decade. Quite a few of them are not coming back no matter how much you throw the actual Democratic base under the bus for their approval.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1356 on: December 12, 2017, 11:04:16 AM »
« Edited: December 12, 2017, 12:01:15 PM by We Have A Pope »

Context:

I mean let's be honest here....you know Trump asked him to lie. Trump lies about everything

Sure, but proving it is everything.

Edit: Here’s another one

Trump is intimidated by women he can't control.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1357 on: December 13, 2017, 11:11:53 AM »

Anyone want to clue me in on what makes him a moderate or conservative Democrat?

He is a Southern Democrat. Alabama is still Republican, but Moore was too much.
Being from the south is not a political ideology

In our current political climate of polarization, I think this needs repeated.  Doug Jones is nothing more than a liberal Democrat who happens to also be culturally Southern and from the American South ... there have been tons of politicians like this before.  Calling him a "moderate," much less a conservative, takes away from his victory.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #1358 on: December 14, 2017, 07:33:14 AM »

No. It is only the beginning. As noted, it will be cirrhosis that ends Bannon, not a narrow defeat in a Senate race in which the entire establishment of both parties took on one candidate and almost lost.

"Almost lost".
"Hillary Clinton won the popular vote."
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1359 on: December 14, 2017, 03:08:39 PM »

Depends — would you prefer membership of a party that actually exists, or one where the average Atlas poster would have a non-zero chance of winning said party's presidential nomination by virtue of being a warm body capable of making a vaguely intelligible concession speech to their ten supporters on election night?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1360 on: December 15, 2017, 05:23:00 PM »

Yeah, as long as Trump continues to trash blacks, Mexicans, and women, the deplorables will continue to blindly support him.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1361 on: December 16, 2017, 05:29:22 PM »

He survived the Hanoi Hilton, he can beat cancer
You mean well, but this is why I hate this metaphor. Surviving cancer is not about being tough. It's about being lucky. People who die from cancer aren't any less tough than people who survive.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1362 on: December 18, 2017, 04:37:04 PM »
« Edited: December 19, 2017, 01:06:58 AM by We Have A Pope »

Yikes. Dem internal poll has Ed Royce in CA-39 up 48-44. https://www.scribd.com/document/367450908/CA-39-Tulchin-Research-for-Gil-Cisneros-Nov-2017

Throws some cold water on the hopes of a California sweep.

It's been clear for a while that Royce is in a much better position than Issa/Rohrabacher.

I believe that if Democrats can't win his district, they're not winning back the house. It went to Clinton by 8.5 points, the most out of any of those OC districts.

And I believe you're an annoying troll who takes advantage of the fact that the moderators of this forum are too nice, otherwise they would have sent you where you came from.
If you want to be a good troll at least learn some basic things about how politics work.

EDIT: Also this: Context:

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1363 on: December 20, 2017, 01:29:10 PM »

Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1364 on: December 20, 2017, 10:43:14 PM »

I actually own Bruce Gibney's book A Generation of Sociopaths: How the Baby Boomers Betrayed America and it's a very qood read.

They were raised to be selfish and feel entitled to everythinq. They qrew up in an era of plenty because their parents had carefully saved their resources in the aftermath of the qreat depression. But now, they've burned throuqh the savinqs from their parent's qeneration, all the resources of our own qeneration, they've used virtually all of our qeneration's resources before we even came of aqe, and now they're takinq out so much debt that even their qrandchildren won't have anythinq to their name either. They've done more to destroy our country than any enemy, foreiqn or domestic.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1365 on: December 22, 2017, 01:46:32 PM »

Tim Ryan would be a terrible speaker. If Democrats win the House, there's no reason to give the job to a moderate Republican.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1366 on: December 22, 2017, 05:25:05 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2017, 10:17:40 PM by We Have A Pope »

Tim Ryan would be a terrible speaker. If Democrats win the House, there's no reason to give the job to a moderate Republican.

This post seems to have been misplaced, I believe you're looking for the Reagan Reservation.  Make a left and keep going straight until you get to the Good Post Gallery.  The Reagan Reservation should be two doors down on your right.

Edit:

Also:

Yes, I agree that Netanyahu, along with most of the Israeli right wants to find some sort of peaceful final solution to the Palestinian question that leaves Israel in control of all the lands they want.

I think there is some old Roman saying about that sort of peace?

God, the left really can't stop this garbage, can they?
I know right I actually think this anti Israel is only 20% of the democrats but it is way to high it’s super scary.

The idea that seeing this:

and saying (and thinking) it's not a good thing somehow automatically makes one 'anti-Israel' comes from the same sort of thinking that says shutting the KKK up is 'anti-freedom'. Facists and their sympathizers can go Trump themselves, no matter what ideology they pretend to in public.

Are you a 1948 rejectionist?

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean.

If it means that Israel is trying to slowly drive the Palestinians out of 'Israel' rather than come up with a decent solution, then yes, I think that's pretty darn obvious, and pretty darn despicable.

President Bill Clinton did have that decent solution in the form of the Camp David Accords, and the Palestinians (after Yasser Arafat rejected it) responded with the Second Intifada.  

Screw them.  
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1367 on: December 23, 2017, 03:45:15 PM »

Hillary Hacks will use a deplorable man as an excuse to be deplorable and attack Sanders and attack the progressive movement. Their self-righteousness is toxic, when they've defended sexual assaulters in the past (cough*Bill*).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1368 on: December 23, 2017, 03:56:57 PM »

I assume there's a big difference between the 13+ million plus who voted for Bernie, and the small hardcore base on reddit that loves Tulsi Gabbard.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1369 on: December 23, 2017, 05:02:34 PM »

Some people have a tendency to outrightly dismiss any criticism of Israeli policies as "antisemitic" or "anti-Israeli", which won't solve any of Israel's problems.

I believe Jews absolutely deserves their own state, especially after putting up with so much crap thorough centuries elsewhere. And Palestine was the only place a Jewish state could be created. All other proposals (Canada, Africa, Crimea, etc.) would end up like the Jewish Autonomous Oblast: a grotesque failure. Beside, Israel is a reality, and "what if..." questions are academic.

Arabs made a lot of tragic mistakes (though in a large part Palestinians are paying for stupidity of other Arab countries), but so did Israel. I oppose dominating tendencies in Israeli policies because I'm very supportive toward Israel's existence and I fear these tendencies are doing great harm to the Jewish state in long term.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1370 on: December 23, 2017, 09:12:00 PM »

The thing is, if the basis of Zionism is that all Jews have a right to return to their ancestral land of Judea, surely we have to also accept the Palestinians a right to return to their own lands?

Identity politics is such a poisonous thing. If only identitarians didn't obsess so much over nonsense, Israelis and Palestinians would be able to live together in a shared homeland.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1371 on: December 25, 2017, 03:31:38 PM »

You realize that Republicans like yourself wouldn't support thing with or without a cop out? Please stop disingenuously blaming the Obama Administration for something that your party rapidly opposed and window passed in a billion years without a cop-out Amendment.

*cough* you're not a Republican *cough*

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1372 on: December 27, 2017, 04:09:36 PM »

Things like "white pride" or "straight pride" remind of the arguments conservatives make for the Confederate flag. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with it if people were actually putting it on their car or flying it in their yard for "southern history" but in 99.999999999% of cases it's just their way of saying they hate blacks without actually saying it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1373 on: December 28, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »

I haven't seen much evidence of bigotry here, except by some of the Israel supporters.

Well yes, wanting genocide against the Palestinians isn't bigotry, come on! I think the US should support Israel strongly, but it needs to also slap it when it tries to kill off a people.

If Israel is trying to "kill off a people", it's doing the worst job of that in any group in human history. It doesn't even shoot most of the terrorists who actually attack it.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1374 on: December 28, 2017, 08:32:31 PM »

You’re not supposed to post orgasm-inducing images on atlas.

This site needs to be purged of gross, weird teenagers
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies