The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:05:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 228994 times)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1575 on: May 22, 2018, 02:41:23 AM »

<snip> shopped picture of Bernie holding a cat

I'm definitely voting for the guy again but you can't say he's without flaws, not least the fact that a sizable portion of the party has been trained to despise him on a Pavlovian level. In real numbers this group is not that large, but unfortunately Twitter has a stranglehold on the media discourse, because that's where all the media people happen to be.

It's a shame that this got a perceptive, level-headed response that I in large part agree with instead of the frothing rage from the usual suspects I was hoping to get on the 2020 board.
Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1576 on: May 22, 2018, 10:35:17 AM »

I knew there was something kind of off about him. Maybe making a House of Cards based ad is a sign that you're kind of a sick POS.

TBF SC-5 overlaps Underwood's district in the show.

Underwood's district is actually numbered SC-05 too...

WHICH ONLY MAKES IT EVEN STRANGER. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU WANT TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH A (fictional) ULTRA-CORRUPT CUTTHROAT POLITICIAN PLAYED BY A SEXUAL PREDATOR?!

There are plenty of candidates who don't mind being associated with Donald Trump, a sexual predator being played by multiple ultra-corrupt cutthroat politicians
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1577 on: May 22, 2018, 03:20:40 PM »

<snip> shopped picture of Bernie holding a cat

I'm definitely voting for the guy again but you can't say he's without flaws, not least the fact that a sizable portion of the party has been trained to despise him on a Pavlovian level. In real numbers this group is not that large, but unfortunately Twitter has a stranglehold on the media discourse, because that's where all the media people happen to be.

It's a shame that this got a perceptive, level-headed response that I in large part agree with instead of the frothing rage from the usual suspects I was hoping to get on the 2020 board.
don't worry people will more than make up for it in other threads
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1578 on: May 22, 2018, 07:30:42 PM »

Aren't you the person that went from voting for Jill Stein to being a libertarian in a few months?

It wasn't a few months, nor was I anywhere near the average Jill Stein voter in 2016 (though I certainly was in 2012), but it's pretty funny seeing the time frame become shorter and shorter everytime someone brings it up Tongue

I also don't even consider myself a true libertarian at all, and have even mentioned on here and several other forum related places that I still haven't actually left the Green Party, in fact there have been several local Green Party affilated gatherings and such that I've participated in recently. I may not agree with them on quite a few issues, but I still agree with them on a number of issues that are most important to me.

Far be it from a libertarian Jill Stein voter with Ed Gillespie sympathies who attends local Green Party meetings to lecture Democrats on principles.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1579 on: May 22, 2018, 09:16:56 PM »

Aren't you the person that went from voting for Jill Stein to being a libertarian in a few months?

It wasn't a few months, nor was I anywhere near the average Jill Stein voter in 2016 (though I certainly was in 2012), but it's pretty funny seeing the time frame become shorter and shorter everytime someone brings it up Tongue

I also don't even consider myself a true libertarian at all, and have even mentioned on here and several other forum related places that I still haven't actually left the Green Party, in fact there have been several local Green Party affilated gatherings and such that I've participated in recently. I may not agree with them on quite a few issues, but I still agree with them on a number of issues that are most important to me.

Far be it from a libertarian Jill Stein voter with Ed Gillespie sympathies who attends local Green Party meetings to lecture Democrats on principles.

Don't you have some unhealthy obsession with West Virginia to go post about?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1580 on: May 22, 2018, 09:27:35 PM »

Don't you have some unhealthy obsession with West Virginia to go post about?

Probably, but I'm not sure how that's relevant.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1581 on: May 22, 2018, 11:47:51 PM »

Atlas: intensely criticizing using primary vote counts as an indicator for the general more than ever while also obsessing over them more than ever.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1582 on: May 23, 2018, 09:06:43 AM »

Donald Trump, because he taught every dipsh**t indulging in "ironic" support that politics are not a joke.

Of course, this led some of them to draw the opposite conclusion that all politics are a joke.
mencken
« Reply #1583 on: May 23, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »

Why can't Democratic voters not be retarded for a change?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1584 on: May 24, 2018, 05:12:52 PM »

I think using the term in a hurtful way towards those that are actually mentally-handicapped is wrong and something that should be discouraged. However, as the legendary words of Michael Scott go, "You don't call retarded people retards. It's bad taste. You call your friends retards when they're acting retarded".
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1585 on: June 01, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »

The fact that Trump can't differentiate between Barr calling an African American non-human and people on TV calling him unfit to be President is both disgusting and wholly unsurprising.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1586 on: June 02, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »

This man is not a "Pastor", nor is he a "Christian", unless he had a deathbed conversion experience.  "A new Commandment I give you:  Love one another as I have loved you."  These are the Words of Jesus, Himself.  I doubt anything he did under the guise of "ministry" glorified God or advanced His Kingdom, and I base that on lining up the body of Wickstrom's work on Earth in "ministry" with what the Bible says.

Yeah, because Western Civilization has been Christian for so long, people see Christianity as an ethnicity.  Cultural Christianity is terrible.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1587 on: June 05, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »

I don't have it in me to follow the CA results. I need a break from 3.5 hours of politics and they'll take forever to count.

Everyone in Atlas is overananylizing. This fourm never learns. At least I once and a while do.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1588 on: June 05, 2018, 10:39:38 PM »

Late ballots in mail in states almost always skew Democratic, so if they're not locked out even now I doubt they will be once all is said and done.

And the pundit wet dreams will finally cease.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1589 on: June 06, 2018, 06:50:52 AM »

Context:

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1590 on: June 06, 2018, 01:10:40 PM »

Seeing all of these "hot takes" online, I cannot help but roll my eyes. I have been following California politics since I was 12-13 years old and while a lot has changed since then, two things have remained fairly constant: 1) it takes forever to count all of the votes (roughly 1/3 of the ballots still have not been counted in OC—my home county) and 2) one should never try to extrapolate the general election results from the primary results. With the jungle primary format, it is much easier to try and do so, but I would warn everyone against that because as people have said before me, primary voters ≠ general election voters.

The problem being that many of our members actually are 12-13 years old, psychologically if not biologically (and in some cases both.)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1591 on: June 06, 2018, 07:01:27 PM »

Seeing all of these "hot takes" online, I cannot help but roll my eyes. I have been following California politics since I was 12-13 years old and while a lot has changed since then, two things have remained fairly constant: 1) it takes forever to count all of the votes (roughly 1/3 of the ballots still have not been counted in OC—my home county) and 2) one should never try to extrapolate the general election results from the primary results. With the jungle primary format, it is much easier to try and do so, but I would warn everyone against that because as people have said before me, primary voters ≠ general election voters.

The problem being that many of our members actually are 12-13 years old, psychologically if not biologically (and in some cases both.)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1592 on: June 07, 2018, 02:49:53 PM »

You people win. I'm done trying to make rational debate here. It won't happen. It's like trying to light the ocean on fire. There'll be only sh**tposting from here on out for me.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1593 on: June 08, 2018, 11:50:46 PM »

Watching the debate between Mumph Naso and YE has been fascinating and educational

In my experience, political nerds, map nerds, geography nerds, and weather nerds are often very intertwined on social media. I believe there was a visualization of twitter "subject groups" that showed exactly this. Anyways, it doesn't surprise me that there are some weather hobbyists on Atlas.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1594 on: June 09, 2018, 08:25:51 AM »

Oh god this is disgusting and scary. It sounds like something a terrorist leader would say, not a serious American politician. She must immediately apologize and rescind these murderous comments. In any case, add her to the list of candidates I'd support Trump over.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1595 on: June 11, 2018, 02:19:46 PM »

I’m disappointed that she apologized for speaking the truth.

Don’t ever play the woman card, you crumb.

I’ll play every card in the deck, you Republican.

That's fine and good.  I have no problem with folks playing the woman card.  This is Atlas Forum after all.

I'll play the decency card.  Folks do this in public, they get dinged.  If they're Samantha Bee, they get dinged by sponsors.  

When Trump gets dinged for going off the rails, he can defend himself.  He gets dinged at the ballot box.

Anybody who voted for Trump has no decency.

If you really believe that, you are some combination of deluded and dangerous.  I'm serious; folks who really believe this need help.

Anyone who truly, literally, believes this statement has a loose relationship with reality.  To say one is in error about casting a vote is one thing.  To say that everyone has no decency that voted for Trump is evidence of serious over-politicization of a human mind.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1596 on: June 11, 2018, 10:36:15 PM »

Are we really debating why it’s uncouth to cheer an elderly man’s heart attack?

#PeakAtlas
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1597 on: June 11, 2018, 11:58:43 PM »

Wow, Atlas is apparently at it's peak.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1598 on: June 13, 2018, 04:43:35 AM »

Context:

So I was telling everybody at my lunch table how I’ve vaped mango in a mormon temple, and i forgot another Mormon was sitting at the table next to me, so he snitched on me and I’m gonna be caught any day now. Please help I’m not even kidding
assuming for the moment that you're 100% serious.....the facts being....
1.you did a "bad" thing
II.you bragged about it in front of people that have a history of narcing on you
C.then you went to a group of people who don't understand any of this because we aren't teenage Mormons for "help" (or to brag more, it's not clear)

my advice, stop being a bitch.  If you're going to do a "bad" thing, you better be able to accept any possible punishment without being a bitch about it.  Especially if you're going to use it to try and score "cool points" with your acquaintances and friends.  Perhaps if you want to be the kind of "bad ass" that vapes mango, you might want to look into a different, more relaxed religion.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1599 on: June 14, 2018, 02:22:36 PM »

The reason that Democrats will vote at a greater rate this year is that they hate or dislike Trump as much as Republicans hated or disliked Obama or would have hated or disliked Hillary.  There has been some of that type of partisan dislike through out or history.   But now it has reached a crescendo due to large policy differences that have not been as great since the 1850s. We know what resulted from those differences.

Has it possibly come time to split? Probably not.  But the divisions are very deep.

Well, when 90% of one side resorts to supporting a pedophile (like you did), I guess that would indeed cause some irreconcilable societal tension
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies