The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:48:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229102 times)
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1775 on: October 09, 2018, 08:11:28 AM »

Because these voters are in their tribe, where they rationalize that their side is right and the other side is wrong. Happens on the left as well. Impossible to tell if it happens more on one side than the other, since nearly everyone seems themselves as in one of the said tribes, and does not have the impartiality to determine that.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1776 on: October 09, 2018, 09:37:02 AM »

This is a wildly bad metaphor. The appropriate metaphor is someone who did something legitimately impressive and a major milestone, but was also an atrocious human being, and someone a bit closer related to the Americas.

Charles Lindbergh Day just about fits the bill.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1777 on: October 09, 2018, 04:46:20 PM »

Because these voters are in their tribe, where they rationalize that their side is right and the other side is wrong. Happens on the left as well. Impossible to tell if it happens more on one side than the other, since nearly everyone seems themselves as in one of the said tribes, and does not have the impartiality to determine that.
Lol. I was only half-kidding there.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1778 on: October 09, 2018, 06:38:07 PM »

It’s almost as if a state filled with more white evangelicals than Alabama and far less black folks would vote for any Republican over a center right Democrat in Bredesen. See signature.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1779 on: October 09, 2018, 10:23:44 PM »

This is the same poll that has Heller up 2, right? Certainly explains a lot.

Laxalt has family ancestory politics in NV, he's a top notch candidate

Democrats are still struggling to win the NV governorship I see. Reminder that they haven't won it in 24 years.

Where would Atlas be without such top notch #analysis? Smiley
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1780 on: October 09, 2018, 10:48:32 PM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1781 on: October 11, 2018, 03:42:10 AM »

Imagine how much more stable the Middle East would be right now had we allowed Alabama to purchase the Panhandle
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1782 on: October 12, 2018, 10:39:16 AM »

People were literally run down with a car in Charlottesville by a right-winger. Clinton is 100% right in her comments.

If a hardcore left winger ran over someone in my family with his or her car, I wouldn't be dumb enough to extrapolate it to all Democrats.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1783 on: October 12, 2018, 11:20:47 PM »

Wulfric, you're sick and you need help.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1784 on: October 17, 2018, 08:41:29 AM »

If you're at all on the fence about contributing more resources to mental health in America, go see Atlas Forum.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1785 on: October 18, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »

Judging political strategy from TV spending alone is like judging someone diet based on what they have for dessert.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1786 on: October 18, 2018, 10:57:25 PM »

There are instructional, cultural, and individual reasons that lead to disportportionate African American impoverishment. It feels like most White Liberals disregard or at least dramatically downplay any non-institutional influences upon African American poverty; while that is unquestionably the primary cause, its not the exclusive cause. There is a wide reaching culture wherein obtaining and keeping a paid job makes you a sellout, that drug dealing and other criminal behavior is more socially acceptable, and that conforming to the standards of hard work, determination, and saving money make you “less” than the others in your community, as an African American.

It goes beyond just institutional issues, but it does have its roots in institutional issues.

Case in point of liberal ignorance...

Do you even know any Black people who’re from the ghetto? This isn’t racism and it isn’t a secret. You need to escape your bubble once and a while. The world is more than theory...
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1787 on: October 19, 2018, 09:00:52 AM »

There are instructional, cultural, and individual reasons that lead to disportportionate African American impoverishment. It feels like most White Liberals disregard or at least dramatically downplay any non-institutional influences upon African American poverty; while that is unquestionably the primary cause, its not the exclusive cause. There is a wide reaching culture wherein obtaining and keeping a paid job makes you a sellout, that drug dealing and other criminal behavior is more socially acceptable, and that conforming to the standards of hard work, determination, and saving money make you “less” than the others in your community, as an African American.

It goes beyond just institutional issues, but it does have its roots in institutional issues.

Case in point of liberal ignorance...

Do you even know any Black people who’re from the ghetto? This isn’t racism and it isn’t a secret. You need to escape your bubble once and a while. The world is more than theory...
I'm just going to put this here.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1788 on: October 19, 2018, 07:19:38 PM »

This forum has an unhealthy obsession with West Virginia and have proposed no real solutions to help it.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1789 on: October 20, 2018, 11:56:27 AM »

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1790 on: October 20, 2018, 01:25:32 PM »

Bullock isn't a right winger, he's very much an economic progressive. The difference is he will talk about bread and butter issues instead of divisive social issues like the urban NYC wing wants

Yes, divisive urban NYC issues like... unemployment, rent prices, infrastructure issues, gentrification, police brutality, and income inequality.

Some of you Dems who pull the whole "identity politics" BS are worse than the Republicans who do it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1791 on: October 21, 2018, 01:44:26 PM »

Great, now everyone on the right, from normally reasonable moderates to liberty-conservatives are basically all a bunch of culture-war-fighting robots that treat deep emotional trauma and real sexual assault as a joke. Looks like the right will soon be completely emotionally bankrupt in the whole world, not just in my own country.
That’s what you got from this thread?  After you defined how “real” survivors of sexual assault would talk and dismissed the allegations?

Yes. Unlike so many on the right (and some on the left), I don't cynically use sexual assault allegations. When something has even a shred of credibility, it mustn't be dismissed, but this thing is so painfully political and lacking any credibility that I won't believe it until he presents anything that supports the claim.
You said through your empty quote that it was a hatchet job and bullsh**t you wouldn’t fall for.  Then you talk about shreds of credibility.  Well, what “objective” shreds are we talking about?  Will your shreds be credible to others?  Perhaps my shred interpreting skills require a lower threshold to be credible.  Or perhaps I am biased and bullheaded and I need many shreds before I believe an admission and allegation of sexual assault.

I’m not interested in your subjective opinion of what defines credibility nor do I care for your quick deflection of this story into an attack on ‘the right’.

Try thinking critically, considerately, empathetically, and try to be as unbiased as possible.  This is serious sh**t.

You know exactly what I mean. The difference between the highly political language of this allegation and Ford's emotional testimony is like the difference between an ant and an elephant. Trying to spin this into some trashing of the very important #metoo movement is highly cynical.

This is, indeed, serious sh**t, and when posters mock an entire movement that is so important for so many traumatized women as a joke, I can't not call them out.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1792 on: October 21, 2018, 02:01:23 PM »

What a JUNK from CNN again! Gillum ain't up 12 Points.

Scott has a 63-17 Approval when it comes to his response to "Michael". It could very well be that Republicans are underpolled in the Panhandle. If that's the case you'll get these sort of Numbers.

Everything I don't like is junk! And it's Fake News CNN!!1!

Trumps JA in FL is waaay to low.

Every Poll that Clinton News Network has conducted have Democrats up...doesn't make sense.

Imagine being dumb enough to think CNN is biased towards Clinton...

They are. Liberal Media. Nuff said.

Yes because being being located in a big city where many elites who are socially liberal means by default they were biased towards Clinton.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1793 on: October 21, 2018, 05:56:18 PM »

Imagine being so obsessed with identity politics that you have to spend your time going around telling people what gender they are
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1794 on: October 22, 2018, 12:49:56 AM »

Imagine a world where a male Democrat had picked up a Trump-won seat in NV-3 in 2016 of all years and then run for Senate. Atlas would be declaring them the star candidate of the cycle
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1795 on: October 22, 2018, 06:30:33 AM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1796 on: October 22, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »

Re: New poll shows majorities in all parties support Medicare For All

Did the pollster remind Republicans that all black people would also be recieving Medicare in this instance? Looks like they didn’t.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1797 on: October 23, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »

For as long as Kavanaugh remains on the Court, the entire court must be considered illegitimate. Passing retroactive legislation setting a 1 year term length for SCOTUS members in 2021 to clear the entire bench, and then immediately repealing it and appointing 9 new members must be done if Kavanaugh is still on the court at that point if we are to restore the legitimacy of the court.
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1798 on: October 24, 2018, 12:45:37 AM »

Populists can only be white people.

Elizabeth Warren is a Native American.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1799 on: October 25, 2018, 04:56:53 PM »

It is not stupid to make predictions off of EV. It is stupid to make stupid predictions based off of EV.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies