The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:06:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 228107 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: February 12, 2018, 09:37:44 AM »

Why is Israel less deserving of a boycott than South Africa though?
Roll Eyes
You must be logged in to read this quote.
wow....you are a special case ain't you?  "if you disagree with my ignorant conclusions, it proves I'm right....why?  'cause reasons!"

I mean, you've been here awhile, we have these threads every 6 months or so (because fighting bigotry is taking a long time), how could you have missed them all?

Why Israel is nothing like South Africa - by a black South African

10 reasons from the Huff Post

But even if you think Israel is somehow a worse state than the PRC, Russia, Iran, Pakistan, S.Arabia and most African countries then supporting BDS would still be stupid and counter productive to helping the people you want to help.  BDS is a bad organization, doing bad things and run by bad people.  Some Israelie scientists were in Cape Town a few years ago, looking into the water problem they have (Israel is a world leader in desalination plants), the bigots at BDS heard about it and would have none of it.  No dirty Jew water for S.Africans thanks to the BDS.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1451 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:41 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
This is disingenuous and oversimplifies the problem. Mexico is classified as having high human development. True, it may not be as high as the United States or Canada, but you’re missing the point. A lot of illegal immigration is driven by people coming from Central America through Mexico. Cooperating with Mexican authorities and helping support their own border security is crucial.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1452 on: February 14, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1453 on: February 14, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »

First off— why are we taking her claims as Gospel Truth?

Because when you get fired by the White House everything they say is based on total truth with no malice and no bitterness whatsoever.  You didn't get this memo?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1454 on: February 15, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »

Well, when you have nothing positive to campaign on, you have to do something...

This applies to both parties, though.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1455 on: February 15, 2018, 02:53:08 PM »

I think we should all pitch in and send Tender’s coworker a chastity belt.

I think a taser would be more appropriate.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1456 on: February 15, 2018, 05:50:57 PM »

Pro-tip: The surest way to incite sock accusations is to call for banning people before you even have 100 posts.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1457 on: February 15, 2018, 09:08:13 PM »

Hawley isn't weakened by these comments. People will forget in days, let alone months.

I agree with that. After all, even Ronald Reagan had said that pollution was caused by trees. And yet, he didn't stop him from being a great President.

Yeah, Reagan was an awful President for very different reasons.
His foreign policy led America to victory over the USSR in the Cold War thanks to a strong diplomacy, to a reinforcement of the U.S. military through an increase of defense spending, to the Strategic Defense Initiative and to the INF that aweakened the USSR's nuclear arsenal.

Ignoring everything else, this is one of the silliest American myths about the Cold War. Gorbachev ended the Cold War, and no one else. Reagan and Bush just happened to be the folks on watch when  the 'enemy' sub sunk of its own accord.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1458 on: February 16, 2018, 01:45:17 AM »

The only thing left to do is pass a constitutional amendment nullifying the Second Amendment.

But even if a Democratic-controlled Congress nuked the filibuster and sent it to a Democratic POTUS to be signed, you would never be able to get ratification. Too many rural states that would reflexively vote no under any circumstances.

The future of America is one where the overwhelming majority of voters are held hostage to the whims of a handful of old white people in places like Idaho, North Dakota and Vermont.

the president has no role in the amendment process - why do libs pretend to understand how the government works
Irony at it's finest.

no refutation of my point, just more lib virtue signaling

What is a "lib"? Anyone who is too lazy to type the word liberal shouldn't be debating politics.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1459 on: February 16, 2018, 01:48:12 AM »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

I strongly stand by my comments.
In that case, I strongly stand against your candidacy for our legislature.

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

Then you don't know what Constitutional rights are, LOL.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1460 on: February 16, 2018, 02:06:38 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2018, 02:08:21 AM by Snowguy716 »

We should repeal the 2nd Amendment, seize everyone's guns and do what Australia did. Ordinary people do not need guns.

If they refuse to give up their guns and pose a threat to the army/police they should be labeled as traitors to America and charged with treason, and if they fire their weapons, then all means necessary should be used to stop them.

I strongly stand by my comments.
In that case, I strongly stand against your candidacy for our legislature.

Ok cool, I didn't want your silly support anyways, you're not even in my district, I'd rather have nice people supporting me than a deplorable.

Most people generally prefer that their elected officials actually respect constitutional rights

I do not consider gun rights as a constitutional right no matter what the ancient document says

Then you don't know what Constitutional rights are, LOL.
Constitutional rights are privileges granted to the well behaved by those willing to put up with the rantings of old 18th century rational thinkers.

Luckily (or not) the only thing that scares the majority of us more than progress is tyranny.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #1461 on: February 16, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »

I cannot imagine how much of a soulless, hollow, pill of a human being I'd have to be for there to be 17 kids murdered where I live, near where my brother goes to school, and immediately go online to yell NRA talking points to the online community of people that almost unanimously despise me.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1462 on: February 16, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »

Sorry, but this is a disappointingly flawed argument.

You just don't like that a valid argument doesn't fit your narrative.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1463 on: February 17, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »

Many a Gerrymander has turned into a Dummymander after 10 years.

Gerrymandering is an American tradition that is even older than the person for whom it is named.

Slavery was also an American Tradition that was written into the constitution by the "Framers"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1464 on: February 18, 2018, 11:35:32 PM »

Context:

Because Antisemitism is still widespread and the claim that Evil Globalist Jews are the source of all problems is very much prominent both in radical right-wing circles, and, in a more soft, dog-whistley style, usually relating to Israel and bankers, in radical left-wing circles too.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #1465 on: February 18, 2018, 11:47:10 PM »

if your not first your last
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1466 on: February 19, 2018, 11:44:57 AM »

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #1467 on: February 20, 2018, 04:23:24 PM »

Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1468 on: February 20, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »

D'Clown is just mad they don't let felons like himself purchase guns
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1469 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »

Never trust a politician who campaigns on "family values".
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1470 on: February 21, 2018, 02:32:11 PM »

It's a shame Hillary won't stop dividing the Democratic Party

In this case, Sanders is the one bringing it up though. Stop deflecting blame.

That's what Hillary's been doing since she lost
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1471 on: February 21, 2018, 04:43:05 PM »

Armed guards in school will work...until of course a guard decides to shoot up some kids.

A white teacher shooting an unruly black student because "they feared for their own safety"

A black teacher shooting a white student because of "suburban white privilege". Can't wait to see that happen. The left would eat that up.

You're a moron bronz.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1472 on: February 22, 2018, 04:58:41 PM »

Shows how disinterested I am becoming in politics lately, but I have never heard or seen anyone refer to the "Alt-Lite" besides Sanchez on this site.
Interesting that you’re only becoming ‘disinterested’ at a time when your party’s is ing everything up

Depressing to see how rude everyone is to each other, simple as that.  Completely writing off good and kind people who they might even otherwise be friends with as subhuman garbage because their politics differ.  All I can really control at the end of the day is how I treat the people in my life and what I do to care for them or help them when I can.  Draw whatever conclusions you have to about me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1473 on: February 23, 2018, 04:00:39 PM »

You'd better have a strong battery or else you're gonna be calling AAA a lot. Also, don't park the car on an empty tank.

Pro tip - turn your lights on and off instantly then start the car.  It throws a jolt of juice to the battery and helps it turn over faster.

We need more life experience on this forum.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1474 on: February 24, 2018, 12:58:36 AM »

Folks in Charge of Cultural Dialogue: [Berate someone for beliefs, rightly or wrongly held]
Folks in Charge of Cultural Dialogue: You're not rebelling against anybody with those beliefs!

Lol at the idea that the left is somehow in charge of the cultural dialogue. Have you searched "feminism" on YouTube lately?

I don't know why you think I would ever do that; but they're called reactionary for a reason. Even if we enter some right-leaning phase in the future, it will primarily be in response to the period of rapid change in social norms we are currently undergoing. There is only forward, so it appears, ans your habitual feminism clouds you to your own people's triumphs.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies