The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:48:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229077 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: August 28, 2018, 07:56:03 PM »

Gilmentum was real all along...
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1676 on: August 29, 2018, 09:16:30 AM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1677 on: August 29, 2018, 09:29:29 AM »

I know it's hard for a Republican/conservative to comprehend it, but some people put basic decency above partisan gain.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1678 on: August 29, 2018, 11:43:47 AM »

West Virginia, Alabama, and Florida's panhandle as racist sh!tholes where all the people there support "welfare for whites" and think the Democratic Party is an anti-white hate group.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1679 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »

West Virginia, Alabama, and Florida's panhandle as racist sh!tholes where all the people there support "welfare for whites" and think the Democratic Party is an anti-white hate group.
This isn't the hatred-blinded idiocy thread.
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #1680 on: August 29, 2018, 12:46:55 PM »

Hahaha very funny, quoting me out of context.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1681 on: August 29, 2018, 01:53:07 PM »

Ill just put the full quote here
Icespear:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

PP:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Thats low Icespear
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1682 on: August 30, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »

You are a piece of work. Trump spews all kinds of sh**t about all kinds of people, and Hillary makes ONE statement that disparages some of Trump supporters, and you reply with all this garbage.

You have earned the right to be ignored.

You could probably find Seriously? in the basket of deplorables. A case study on him and the idea of double standards would be pretty fantastic if you ask me. His ability to completely ignore Trump's own issues while screaming at the top of his lungs about Clinton's is remarkable. It doesn't even matter if they do the same thing - it's awful/corrupt/etc when Clinton does it, and completely fine / didn't even happen if Trump does it. Barely any proof required if it's a 'scandal' involving Clinton, but if the same scandal involves Trump, the highest burden of proof is required. Every detail must be confirmed and presented.

He's either a disturbingly-dedicated troll or hypocritical as hell, and I can't help but wonder how this kind of behavior translates into other aspects of his life.

I think you nailed his butt to a T.
As always, those from the party of "tolerance" think they are better than those that dare to be different and not vote for their guy.

Your level of Alinsky-like ridicule will do nothing to change my mind or shut up.

What an utterly lame addition to this thread. Boo!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1683 on: August 30, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

Hahaha very funny, quoting me out of context.

That's not quoting out of context, that's just out-and-out misquoting.

Not cool, ice spear
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1684 on: August 30, 2018, 09:17:49 PM »

Maybe it's because I really like IceSpear, but isn't it super obvious that that comment was misquoted? Like, isn't that the joke?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1685 on: August 31, 2018, 03:00:11 PM »

Maybe it's because I really like IceSpear, but isn't it super obvious that that comment was misquoted? Like, isn't that the joke?

Taking obvious jokes seriously is an Atlas Forum pasttime.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1686 on: August 31, 2018, 06:01:35 PM »

Taking obvious jokes seriously is an Atlas Forum pasttime.

Along with not detecting sarcasm.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1687 on: September 02, 2018, 05:05:58 PM »

Anyway, the underlying mistake is that Atlas posters once again assume the electorate follows politics with the focus of die-hard fans (i.e. themselves), but makes their decisions like absent-minded asylum patients.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1688 on: September 03, 2018, 01:51:27 PM »

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1689 on: September 04, 2018, 09:13:45 AM »

Rename this thread

Being hated by Trump doesn't propel you automatically to national hero who's done no wrong.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1690 on: September 04, 2018, 05:08:15 PM »

This is one of the dumbest things I’ve seen a candidate who would otherwise be favored do
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1691 on: September 07, 2018, 11:30:46 AM »

For the record, I'm pretty sure that Nate Cohn and Nate Silver are DIFFERENT HUMAN BEINGS.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1692 on: September 07, 2018, 11:57:22 AM »

Gerrymandering really needs to be looked at in the context of an entire map.

If you're looking for a discussion of gerrymandering that focuses on context rather than abstruse rules and the mathematics of topology, you're in the wrong place. People here care more about county breaks, highway connectivity, compactness, and how neat a district's line look on a map than they do about representation or what the populations represented look like.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1693 on: September 08, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »

Can these weak, feckless c*nts stop the posturing and just admit they are going to tow the line when it comes to Pumpkin Pol Pot?
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1694 on: September 09, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »

I kinda think I see where liberals are coming from. They believe the country elected Bill Clinton twice, then elected Al Gore, then Bush won (but should have never been there), then the country twice elected Obama and then a year and a half ago elected Hillary Clinton.

They believe the country is more left than right. That the only reason the Supreme Court is right is because of George W. Bush and Donald Trump putting Alito, Roberts, Gorsuch and another conservative on the courts, and that those should have been Al Gore and Hillary Clinton (or Obama) appointments.

It is kind of hard to question the legitimacy of Roberts and Alito on those grounds considering they came after Bush won reelection with a majority of the popular vote.

Oh I agree, and their premise is incorrect. They think Bush and Trump didn't win the election, even though in America, they most certainly did since we elect our Presidents based on the electoral college, not the popular vote. In Trump's case, he won the electoral college by a rather sizable majority.

Republicans have this deluded fantasy that the left thinks that Bush and Trump are legally illegitimate Presidents because they lost the popular vote. Nobody is actually trying to dispute that, they're simply advocating for ending the broken system of the Electoral College in the first place. From a legal standpoint, of course Bush and Trump are legitimate Presidents. From an ethical standpoint, they got to that office by exploiting a broken system that undermines the values of democracy.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1695 on: September 10, 2018, 12:56:37 AM »

^Well, there's also the fact that we don't even know for sure whether Bush actually won the electoral college in 2000.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1696 on: September 10, 2018, 09:02:08 AM »

One thing about Iowa that virtually everyone from the Midwest agrees on: Their highway rest stops are the best. Always clean, day by day, and quite modern and up to date. Gross things in the bathroom don't stay there for long and plumping problems get fixed so fast they're practically unheard of. Even the water from the fountains tastes good!

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1697 on: September 10, 2018, 09:35:56 AM »

These are people of low intelligence who have had a substandard education and have learned to treat everything as mindless entertainment - there's no point in expecting anything from them other than crass stupidity.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1698 on: September 10, 2018, 03:53:50 PM »

Literally everything Republicans say about liberals or Democrats.. is projection.  An angry accusation to the "enemy" of a personal characteristic about themselves that they hate.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1699 on: September 10, 2018, 11:45:47 PM »

Love it when Atlas discards a candidate based on a poll that uses 2014 for its sample, has multiple flaws, and has a small sample of only 500 people. But I guess Atlas will be Atlas.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies