The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:38:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 228226 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: January 03, 2015, 05:40:51 PM »

It's been a fun three days of doing little to nothing
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:53:15 PM »

The positive side of an O'Malley for president bumper sticker is that you'll be the only person in the entire country that has one. This could come in handy if your car gets stolen or you forgot where you parked.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:25:14 PM »

I like how so many of us can come together and agree that the forum is terrible at discussing religion, regardless of what sort of discussion it is that we'd prefer.
In this forum's defence, I think most places are bad at discussing religion.
This is true because there's nothing substantive to be said about it. There are no data points to consider and no evidence to weigh. Any religious discussion, by definition, is just a tedious back and forth on semantics, feelings, and navel gazing, with a heavy tribal sociological component.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 09:55:29 PM »

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 11:56:18 PM »

There is no "deeper meaning" in the ramblings of a scumbag trust-fund baby.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 12:56:49 AM »

At least #CatLivesMatter was about something. This is just a grown man complaining about the moderation policy on an internet forum meant to make maps.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 06:10:32 PM »

Threads like these are great because you can learn who here are true racists like Green Line, The Hawk, and BigSkyBob.

I think blue and yellow avatars are usually pretty good indicators of this in general.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 05:58:51 PM »

I've never quite understood why criticizing Christianity is often met with pictures/gifs of fat guys wearing fedoras.  But then I typically understand only 45% or so of internet memes.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 02:25:16 AM »

I've never quite understood why criticizing Christianity is often met with pictures/gifs of fat guys wearing fedoras.  But then I typically understand only 45% or so of internet memes.

i mean, there's a difference between "criticizing" christianity and calling it an "unfunny, played out joke". but of course you wouldn't understand that.

Describing, say, the Republican Party the same way around here might merit a repost in the Comedy Goldmine*, but mocking Christianity gets... a fat guy in a fedora?  The Atlas forum is an odd amalgamation of cynical bastards willing to make biting stabs at every facet of modern society, but take aim at this country's most sacred institution, and suddenly you're... a fat guy in a fedora, for some reason.  I guess I don't get it.

* might
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 01:47:04 PM »

^ Yeah, Donald Trump would go easy on Bernie Sanders.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 02:02:34 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2016, 02:32:54 PM by Joe Republic »

^ Yeah, Donald Trump would go easy on Bernie Sanders.

No, Bernie is just the only candidate who can credibly take him up on the populist anti-establishment message.

Is that all you think this campaign, and Donald Trump's campaign in particular, is about?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »

For a Trump presidency I picture four years of a situation room full of people explaining to him why he can't do things.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 12:00:30 AM »

Most Americans would be laughing at how obsurd this post is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 07:11:36 PM »

Perhaps you missed the self-truth within ProgCanadian's post?  That's why I put it here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2016, 08:19:27 PM »

Cruz steals a state, winning the delegates unanimously despite getting no votes. Cruz also works the system to get delegates Trump actually won to switch to him on a hypothetical second ballot. Media: Wow, Cruz's campaign is so sophisticated and talented! They know how to play the shadow game! Brokered convention here we come!

Hillary gets tons of superdelegates to commit to her, but they will be irrelevant in the end anyway because she's going to win by hundreds of elected delegates and millions of votes. Media: OMG WTF THE SUPERDELEGATES ARE SO UNFAIR THIS IS HORRIBLE SHE'S STEALING THE NOMINATION Cry
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »

The Berniebots' national outrage at the events at the NV state convention, that they've mostly invented:

This is American politics today.  Lies just become truth by being repeated over and over and over until everyone believes them without checking on the facts.  Even if one lie is proven to be a lie, if you just tell enough lies then you can say "where there's smoke there's fire, there wouldn't be this many 'suspicious incidents' if there weren't some truth behind it."  This is the story of the Clintons' career so I'm sure it doesn't faze Hillary.  But it's very irritating to the rest of us nonetheless.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2016, 12:22:45 AM »

Bernie sure has a lot of work to do to bring a lot of his deranged minions back to the realm of sanity, much less back into the Democratic fold.

For real, if he doesn't help him out these people are going to go through the rest of their lives cynical and hateful about the Democratic party and the political process, always believing the election was stolen from them and that 80% of America hates them.  When you shut down a cult you have to ease them back into society, you can't just take the money and run while leaving them to fend for themselves waiting for the rapture in a basement.

Unfortunately it looks like Bernie is gonna Jim Jones the whole thing and burn his supporters down in flames with him at the convention.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2016, 01:42:43 AM »

Poster joins AH.  Poster gets banned from AH.  Poster joins Atlas.  Poster gets banned from Atlas.  Poster joins AAD and spends the rest of their miserable days there.

It's the circle of life.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2016, 01:44:46 AM »

Common decency has an anti-Trump bias.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 04:12:20 PM »

New Hampshire is slightly more surprising, because Mitt was the best fit there of any of his home states.  I think this is more a matter of the state just trending D.  If you look at the rural areas in the western half of the state (NH-02), they are moving like Vermont did last decade.  Mitt did well in wealthy suburban areas, but "East Vermont" was just too much to overcome.  I think you will see Republican nominees increasingly ignore NH from this point on.  It's small, out of the way and an increasingly tough nut to crack even with the right type of nominee.

So... why is Atlas falling for the "NH is a pure Tossup" thing again?

I mean, no one really gives a shlt but you, bro.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 01:43:39 AM »

Is this the only place to buy a cake?  And they don't like gay people?  Seems like a perfect business opportunity for someone that isn't a bigot.

In many towns, DeadO, there is only one bakery (or at least only one outside Wal-Mart).

Besides "just search around until you find someone who'll take your kind" isn't the appropriate response here, morally, ethically, or politically. Ever.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2016, 03:52:10 AM »

Never thought I'd be quoting MasterJedi here, but I actually lol'd at this a bit:

Trump at the RNC "We can't use violence".

Trump on Twitter during the DNC "I wanted to punch that guy so hard, I'd punch him so hard he couldn't get up, I'd punch him".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 09:14:50 AM »

I was extremely non-disappointed when the ad that came up before the video was for investing in gold. I swear, it is like this election was designed to validate at least 90% of the impression I already had of the hard right in this country.

You people have constructed a fascinating, albeit terrifying, alternate reality to live in.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2016, 02:02:41 PM »

Trump is like that one really big tool in high school who acts like he knows everything about anything but still doesn't understand how women can pee.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 01:22:19 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies