The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:03:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229322 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: January 07, 2015, 04:57:58 PM »

A pretty-faced do-nothing. Seriously, JFK did nothing on civil rights until he was absolutely forced to, got us into Vietnam, and accomplished almost nothing of note. Why he is so revered by the American public is beyond me.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 06:31:19 AM »

Context:

He seems to be declining. He used to be a pretty normal poster, but he is increasingly bitter, repetitive, preoccupied by forum-internal personality conflicts, and wild in his mischaracterizations of his opponents.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 01:55:01 PM »

Ironically, Antonio's post applies to BTRD even more than it does to Oldiesfreak.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 04:03:10 PM »

Context:

This is in the top 10 of worst Atlas threads.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 02:48:39 PM »

The existence of update fans is the most frustrating thing ever.

And all of them should consider the likelihood that Bushie's decision to quit was at least partially influenced by what would attract the most attention here.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »

I don't know which group of posters is worse at this point- those pining for a child rapist in Southeast Asia or those who live to egg on the self-destructive behavior of another poster.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »

The joke alternative option is Nunavut. Respect the heritage of the forum or diaf.

Kentucky requires more respect than any mere Canadian territory. In fact, Kentucky is quite offended that you would say such a thing. He told me to tell you that.

Don't try to argue with Al. You will lose.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 09:05:45 PM »

Context:

You know, this matchup is really ridiculously atlas.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 10:21:22 PM »

Context:

If you're a rather selfish middle-class 20-something guy who finds himself very smart, who is politically engaged, who spends too much time on the internet (specifically sites like 4chan) and who is unattactive, you're probably going to be a libertarian. You're also going to be an MRA because girls don't like that type of guy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 07:28:31 PM »

Family Guy shouldn't do any more episodes about anything.

I honestly keep forgetting that this show (and The Simpsons) are still on the air, such is their relevance these days.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2016, 07:21:27 PM »

It's the endless Atlas cycle:

1. Poster does crazy/evil thing
2. Poster gets banned
3. People wring their hands over how Poster is now really a changed, great guy
4. Poster, supposedly reformed, gets second chance
5. Poster repeats their crazy/evil thing
6. Poster gets banned
7. People wring their hands over how Poster is now really a changed, great guy
Etc...
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »

Being a  conservative in America has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with culture and identity. Donald Trump is a conservative, just not the way intellectuals would discuss it on this forum. Conservatism is a feeling these days, not a set of coherent beliefs.

Came here to post that!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 06:41:43 AM »

Yes.  The lumping together of the two movements has helped encourage unfortunate stereotypes about gays and lesbians.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »

Yes.  The lumping together of the two movements has helped encourage unfortunate stereotypes about gays and lesbians.

Oh for f**k's sake dude. Please tell me you meant to post it in the deluge...

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but good or bad, what Green Line posted is definitely true.  Most straight people feel far more animosity towards transgender people than LGBs (if they even feel any real animosity toward LGBs at all).  This is a pretty undeniable fact, no sense pretending it isn't true.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 06:14:51 PM »

Yes.  The lumping together of the two movements has helped encourage unfortunate stereotypes about gays and lesbians.

Oh for f**k's sake dude. Please tell me you meant to post it in the deluge...

I'm not saying it's a good thing, but good or bad, what Green Line posted is definitely true.  Most straight people feel far more animosity towards transgender people than LGBs (if they even feel any real animosity toward LGBs at all).  This is a pretty undeniable fact, no sense pretending it isn't true.

So persecution of trans people is a good argument for telling them to fck off? This sounds a bit like when Gandhi fought for South African Indians to be considered better than the black people.

Translation: "I don't like what X posted, but I know it's true and don't really have any argument I can make to justify pretending that it isn't.  Hmm...I know!  I can ignore what he posted and respond to some random straw-man that I just pulled out of my a** instead."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2016, 02:09:43 PM »

A sick and twisted place that has revealed the ugliest side of many of our posters (including some I used to think highly of). Burn it to the ground.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 09:05:14 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 04:08:10 PM by Malcolm X »

Can anyone who has watched her show tell me why Kelly isn't terrible and unprofessional? I can think of several billion people about whom Trump had made more outrageous comments. Nor am I inclined to take offense over a politician saying mean things about one of Roger Ailes' most ghoulish retainers.

EDIT: This one belongs here too:

from everything i've heard (the script has been leaked) it's just another reason that white dudes should be banned from comedy
Um comedy would suck without white Jewish dudes
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2016, 09:00:29 PM »

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2016, 03:08:04 PM »

Susan Collins isn't a moderate, she's just what passes for one these days.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2016, 04:31:53 PM »

Whatever it takes for you to go to sleep thinking that the good people get ice cream and soda and the bad guys have to eat vegetables at the kids table, and the bad guys sill "lose", even if they actually win.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2016, 09:52:17 PM »

The Berniebots' national outrage at the events at the NV state convention, that they've mostly invented:

This is American politics today.  Lies just become truth by being repeated over and over and over until everyone believes them without checking on the facts.  Even if one lie is proven to be a lie, if you just tell enough lies then you can say "where there's smoke there's fire, there wouldn't be this many 'suspicious incidents' if there weren't some truth behind it."  This is the story of the Clintons' career so I'm sure it doesn't faze Hillary.  But it's very irritating to the rest of us nonetheless.

IIRC, Steve isn't even a Sanders supporter.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 09:40:41 AM »

Context:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2016, 09:12:57 AM »

As much as I love primates, the child should definitely come first. Who can live with knowing they let an ape kill an innocent kid when they had a chance to save him? The kid didn't know what he was doing and didn't deserve to die, the zoo failed to provide a secure habitat and the mother should have kept a better eye on him.. though, to be fair, I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that your average mother believes kids can't just sneak into an enclosure like that. But, still, is the ape that important? Was it currently serving a super critical function, other than simply existing in a terribly small living space with random people gawking at it all day? We have its DNA, after all. Not the same, sure, but it reduces the severity of its death.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2016, 12:52:24 PM »

I mean, Rubio was only propped by the media and the Republican establishment (and only has a chance at retaining his seat at all this year) because he's a young, relatively good-looking Hispanic guy who's good at regurgitating GOP one-liners.  He's literally the Republican affirmative action candidate - only "qualified" by virtue of him not being old and white.

If it weren't for those 30-second speeches, poor Chico would've been put on the Republicans' deportation list a looong time ago.
So he's the Republican Obama. It worked for the Democrats.

Haha.  No.  He's the Republican version of what Republicans perceive Obama to be.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2016, 10:31:15 PM »

There's a lot of racism in West Virginia. I don't know why that was ever a controversial statement.

That doesn't mean that classism is OK, though.

Thank you!

How is criticizing racist West Virginians classist? Not every West Virginian is a working class white coal miner, lol.

A good chunk of your comments about West Virginia come off as very thinly veiled classism. Seems like a very poor attempt at dog whistle politics. Take notes from guys who talk about "State's rights" and "Welfare queens".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies