The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:20:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229177 times)
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« on: February 17, 2018, 04:26:12 PM »

Many a Gerrymander has turned into a Dummymander after 10 years.

Gerrymandering is an American tradition that is even older than the person for whom it is named.

Slavery was also an American Tradition that was written into the constitution by the "Framers"
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:48:02 PM »

D'Clown is just mad they don't let felons like himself purchase guns
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 10:28:49 AM »

It's literally insulting to the non-white people and women who carry the Democratic Party that they would nominate two white men in order to satisfy a demographic they lose by 30 points.
It's much more insulting when the working class is mocked and forgotten about by a party that pretends to care about minorities when they are more importantly looking for champagne liberals in Orange County and using minorities as cover to do it.

Tell that to the Third Way mealymouths who spout off "business-friendly solutions", "right-to-work", and "the future of the Democratic Party is in the country clubs of Dallas".

You seem to have a traumatic association with country clubs.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 10:53:07 PM »

If Ricketts was running in the Dakotas or Kansas this could be interesting, but Nebraska doesn't vote for Democrats, period. Safe R.

Who is Ben Nelson?

A person of times past that is not relevant to our current political reality.

He left office in 2013, not 1983.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 11:34:08 PM »

Democrats could double their turnout from 2014, but there is no enthusiasm. HAHAHA!

Republicans are extremely talented at deluding themselves. Just look at how many of them sincerely believe that Trump cares about poor people, lol

The only delusion here is the fact that GOP percentages have been maintained from previous years  and the red avatars here haven't countered the fact with hard numbers.

Yes, primary vote raw numbers are excellent indicators of how a general election will go. Just ask Sen. Moore!

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/alabama-senate-special-election-primary
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:31:36 PM »

Russians seem to claim a lot of knowledge and insight into democracy and its party systems despite never having lived in one.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »

I don't think people here realize the strength of Petit. This is a guy who defeated a nearly 20 year democratic incumbent, who won by almost 20 points in 2014. Not only did he beat her, he swamped her by over 20 points in a presidential election year.

That said, he won't run.

Oh they do, they're just having crazy cognitive dissonance because this, in their minds, is supposed to be a blanket blue year without any regard for individual candiates. Then again, every year is going to be a blue year if Atlas is to be believed.

Democrats picked up a month ago in Connecticut a seat that was Republican since Watergate.
The president's party hasn't picked up in the midterms an open seat that he lost in the previous election since 1990.
But yeah, keep dreaming that everything is fine.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2018, 08:43:26 AM »

Taggart is not joining the race. Seems like Hyde-Smith is successfully consolidating the establishment Republicans behind her.

Just like Luther Strange.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2018, 02:28:40 PM »

Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 04:11:09 PM »

Oh spare me Limo the biggest political needs like G. Elliot Morris have said that this is suppose to be the best time polling for the party in the WH during the midterms. The fact that dems are leading by around the 6-7 points they have since forever is better than the reps were in 2010 and 2014.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 11:47:51 PM »

Atlas: intensely criticizing using primary vote counts as an indicator for the general more than ever while also obsessing over them more than ever.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2018, 10:22:11 PM »

I don't have it in me to follow the CA results. I need a break from 3.5 hours of politics and they'll take forever to count.

Everyone in Atlas is overananylizing. This fourm never learns. At least I once and a while do.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2018, 10:39:38 PM »

Late ballots in mail in states almost always skew Democratic, so if they're not locked out even now I doubt they will be once all is said and done.

And the pundit wet dreams will finally cease.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 03:47:13 AM »

St. Leo poll in December: Scott up 42-32
February: Scott up 42-35
Now: Scott up 40-34

How about 2016? Their final FL poll had Clinton up 52-39.

Extremely high quality pollster we’re looking at here. But you know, keep trying to own the libs with this poll.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »

You'd think a mod would know better than to clickbait like this.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2018, 07:18:07 AM »

Californians elect liberals to deal with the poverty that they see, but conservatives see it as "liberalism is the cause of the poverty".
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2018, 03:42:25 AM »

*Trump accidentally nukes Hawaii*

Atlas: "No one will remember this in a week."
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 03:00:29 AM »

I also wonder is Nevada ready for 2 female Senators. 

Yes. The state that voted for a Democratic woman for President and a Democratic woman for Senate isn’t ready for another woman Senator.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »

Hello everyone

First time visiting this forum in a while

I’ll keep it quick

1) have zero clue what will happen tonight

2) it’s tragic that one or 2 turd posters can just derail a thread like this
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 09:20:06 PM »

A world where OH-12 and the former PA-18 are coin flips is a world where there is a lot of pain for the GOP.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2018, 04:23:42 PM »

Why are you all so threatened by Beet's posts?

I am "threatened" by Beetposts in the same sense that I am "threatened" by my dog pissing on my carpet
Well, in that case, your dog must rule the roost.

No, he's a dog and doesn't know better, which is why I'm training him to go outside. The only admin trying to train Beet to not sh**t everywhere is Virginia, but we'd probably be better off if she just sent him back to the shelter.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »

I hate this guy. He's one of those NeverTrumpers who likes to claim he's a "truh conservatuh" who cares about "the discourse" after basically bragging about all the Muslims he killed in Afghanistan during his initial campaign. Good riddance to this blood thirsty cuck.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2018, 08:43:22 PM »

The idea of Obama being the most partisan when he bent over backwards to get Republican support for the stimulus and Heritagecare/Gingrichcare/Dolecare/Romneycare is hilarious.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2018, 11:27:21 PM »

tilt d —-> lean r, these types of things tend to be extremely damaging.
You had CA-39 at tilt D. At the least it should have been tossup. I already had it at Lean R.
I mean, cisneros is literally up 11

What a great post chain. First we have a user overreacting as usual, then we have a hack who insists they'll win based off nothing more than their own bias, followed by a Democrat who puts stock in an internal poll from the Democrat's own campaign. Truly an Atlas microcosm here.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 11:47:10 PM »

These NY-24 and CA-50 polls are pretty disappointing. Obvious the Dems don't need to win these seats for a majority, and if either falls they are looking at a 50-60 seat gain nationally.  But the margins should be closer in a D+7 or D+8 national environment.  I can see the argument for why Katko might fade a bit, but not Hunter.

Wow, it's almost like the democrats winning the house is not a locked guarantee or something, huh....
I dont think 2 polls, one in a solid R district with a scandalized incumbent, and the other in a popular incumbent's seat justify such a reaction. We have the house at an 80% chance at this moment, and its only going to improve from there, bar Trump starting a war and everyone forgetting the wave, or some other unpredictable event.

There were three that I saw on here today I'm talking about. I'm telling ya man, the GOP gerrymandered the sh!t outta the house, it's not an easy lock, for instance we all know there should be two dem seats outta St Louis area MO. Look, I agree with you, we don't need to win these seats at all to win the house, but the margins would have to be a little tighter here for me to be confident. I mean Wagner and Katko leading by mid to highish single digits would not phase me, but not double digits. I also wish the race in Hunter's district was a bit tighter. Margins matter folks.
The problem is that you are taking singular polls and drawing a large conclusion(then again, that is a problem about Atlas, and not just you). For instance, in Katko's case, he was losing by 4 points in an earlier poll by PPP. And for MO, its not really a seat we need, but it can still be won, the pollster who did it is not the best. We already have the seats we need to win in our column, and its becoming harder and harder to see us lose. We are tieing or beating all of the CA vulnerable, beating the NJs, and pulling crazy margins in PA. Thats most of the seats we need right there, and then we can pick off some easy ones, like FL, and some tossup seats, like ME and IL. The margin of the house is worrying, but it should trend heavily in our favour as time goes on. Its not even labour day yet.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies