The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:22:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 228976 times)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:01:27 PM »

Seeing all of these "hot takes" online, I cannot help but roll my eyes. I have been following California politics since I was 12-13 years old and while a lot has changed since then, two things have remained fairly constant: 1) it takes forever to count all of the votes (roughly 1/3 of the ballots still have not been counted in OC—my home county) and 2) one should never try to extrapolate the general election results from the primary results. With the jungle primary format, it is much easier to try and do so, but I would warn everyone against that because as people have said before me, primary voters ≠ general election voters.

The problem being that many of our members actually are 12-13 years old, psychologically if not biologically (and in some cases both.)
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 12:26:00 PM »

He would probably be an '""independent""". He would join no caucus, lambaste both parties, and then vote GOP 95% of the time.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 12:00:51 PM »

West Virginia, Alabama, and Florida's panhandle as racist sh!tholes where all the people there support "welfare for whites" and think the Democratic Party is an anti-white hate group.
This isn't the hatred-blinded idiocy thread.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 04:27:41 PM »

Ask this question like this

Would you support a Single Payer system knowing your taxes would have to double .

Asking it without that caveat is idiotic

Ask this question like this

Would you support GOP tax cuts knowing 99% of the benefits would go to the wealthy and the budget deficit would have to double .

Asking it without that caveat is idiotic
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 03:33:32 PM »

That’s what democrats would do if they were smart. Nominate a populist governor in touch with the working class.

But they’ll nominate Harris, the coastal elitist. Because why not.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 02:24:01 PM »

"Identity Politics" is a word used by conservatives and reactionary people to denigrate and delegitimize causes and issues that are not about them. Even though most "identity politics issues" affect EVERYONE, white men and conservatives don't wanna hear it if it's framed around black trans people or disabled people, since y'all seem to think it cheapens the issue, since, well, y'all are reactionary.
The absurd and ignorant post thread is that way ->
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2018, 06:47:10 AM »

Better question - why is Atlas so obsessed with a state that went R+44 in the last presidential election?

Because it needs to flip at all costs. It's worth it.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2018, 06:37:55 AM »

Hawley is still favored because McCaskill will vote no on Kavanaugh.
Voting no on Kavanaugh helps McCaskill, by energizing the liberal base.

But she will turn off more conservatives.

You are easily the most insufferable poster on Atlas.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »

I'm not sure how any rational person could say this is anything but a tossup. We literally just got a CNN poll last week with Bredesen +5, and a Marist before that at Bredesen +2. And Vox Populi.

If I'm remembering correctly, Fox News is the only high quality pollster to have Blackburn up.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 06:41:39 AM »

It's one thing to assert that Heitkamp is DOA. It's another thing to assert that Democrats are somehow dooming themselves by opposing Kavanaugh and somehow it's leading to their downfall, of which you have no real proof.  You frankly look like a troll.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 09:35:34 AM »

Lmao! Okay Icy, why are you so on edge today?

Huh This reply is strange. I don't see what's funny about it or why you think I'm "on edge." I was just responding to your comment about my batting average with objective facts. Projection I guess?
Okay, let me explain:

I make a gentle jibe about your past predictions. You respond by dumping a list of your correct predictions (some of which haven't even come to pass yet!) as evidence that I'm wrong. That's pretty damn weird, my friend.

Look, my point is you're a smug prick. You have absolutely no humility nor do you seem to understand the concept of reflecting on your past mistakes. The last time you ever expressed any humility was back when Doug Jones won in Alabama, and that was after MONTHS of relentless arrogance and bragging that you would be vindicated in the end. You then wrote an apology...then you didn't change your behavior at all.

I don't know exactly what caused you to become some unhinged lunatic, but it's evidently infected your entire mindset. People respond to loss and defeat in different ways, and I can understand why the events of 2016 would make you take pause when it comes to partisan cheerleading. But this doesn't absolve you of responsibility and it certainly doesn't give you a free pass to be an ego driven maniac.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2018, 11:56:27 AM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 06:30:33 AM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2018, 07:52:25 PM »

For as long as Kavanaugh remains on the Court, the entire court must be considered illegitimate. Passing retroactive legislation setting a 1 year term length for SCOTUS members in 2021 to clear the entire bench, and then immediately repealing it and appointing 9 new members must be done if Kavanaugh is still on the court at that point if we are to restore the legitimacy of the court.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2018, 09:55:27 AM »

Politico is not a reliable news source.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:57 PM »

Dems need a strong, progressive candidate and Randy Bryce is the guy.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2018, 04:50:50 PM »

Then these "swing voters" are complete idiots....
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2019, 03:35:53 PM »

Lol no. The biggest mistake people on this forum make is assuming current trends will perpetuate forever. Look at the trend map for 2008 for example. Huge swaths of the midwest trended dem - Obama won WI MI and PA by large margins. The midwest is whiter and less educated than the country at large which is why it has trended R recently. But it is also much less religious and culturally conservative than the south and will therefore never be as republican.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2019, 10:15:31 AM »

Im glad Atlas Posters arent in charge of actual political campaigns.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »

McCain and Romney weren't racist enough for them. Trump gave them exactly what they wanted.

Uh, if that was the case then I highly doubt Republicans across the country who are more moderate than Trump would be doing just as well as he did with these voters. look at Mike DeWine in Ohio or Rick Scott in Florida for example.

I think a bigger part of this is that many ancestrally Democratic voters in Appalachia and the rust belt have died and been replaced by younger voters who no longer feel any connection to the Democratic Party.
It’s not worth arguing with IceSpear. He thinks everyone who isn’t him is a racist and his takes are about 90% incorrect.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 10:44:09 AM »

It wont matter because by then OH would have become a titanium R state. Anyone would beat Brown by 15 points Tongue
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2019, 03:41:43 PM »

*TRENDS* and *SWINGS* are only so important and only deserve so much attention ... definitely less than the 2020 board spammers give them.  If a county/state voted  for a party, they voted for that party.  Period.  Wait until the place flips to give it so much attention.  “RI might be competitive soon!”  Kay, well it’s not.  Not yet.  So give it a rest, lol.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 02:57:47 PM »

Unfortunate, we need to cherish and support the few remaining moderates.

Let me know when you find one.

Susan Colins.

Your search - "Susan Colins is a moderate tho" - did not match any results.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    Try different keywords.
    Try more accurate keywords.
    Try looking up the definition of keywords.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2019, 08:14:15 AM »

This meme that 2016 was simply a continuation of previous trends needs to stop, there were entire areas of the country that were trending democrat that trended hard Republican in 2016, there were counties in Appalachian Ohio that swung towards Obama from 2008-2012 which meant they trended democratic in a big way that swung 20-30 points towards Trump. There were counties in Wisconsin that had been trending democrat for decades that swung hard towards Trump.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies