The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:47:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229176 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: August 18, 2015, 06:04:41 PM »

Is it bad that I couldn't tell whether it meant Democratic or Republican by reading this thread's title?

Yes.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:21:42 PM »

There is a special place in Hell reserved for John McCain, for what he inflicted upon this country.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 09:49:37 PM »

That's pretty ironic coming from a 12-year old kid.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 12:40:53 PM »

And that's pretty ironic coming from a 40-years old man, whose main occupation seems to be trolling the 2016 board.

Be serious Kal. I have an average of less than 5 messages per day.
The child has an average of 33. Now tell me again who is the one who must say to the other to get a life.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 05:23:02 AM »

so… what's the problem with (harassment) exactly?

The internet in one sentence.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:00 AM »

I don't know much about Schwarz.  But Sherwood Boehlert and Claudine Schneider were definitely NOT conservative Republicans.  Boehlert was very much a moderate, middle-of-the-road Republican, and Schneider was one of the last members of Congress that could be described as a liberal Republican.

In Mr. Trump's own words, "It's the Republican Party. It's not called the Conservative Party."
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »

Gramps was the quintessential Trump voter, years before Trump.
No wonder he agrees so much with the quintessential Bernie bro (horseshoe theory anyone?).
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2017, 01:29:10 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 03:29:46 AM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 01:38:20 AM »

Nina Turner isn’t hated b/c she’s a black woman, it’s b/c she’s two-bit con artist who can’t be trusted to be a team player and is about as principled as Donald Trump. 

You people are just triggered by her since she didn't support Hillary in the primary.

I voted for Sanders in the primary, spent six hours canvassing for his campaign, and donated $500 to his campaign.  What did you do to help his campaign in California other than whine on the internet?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 01:31:57 PM »

Because all of you would be so willing to talk to Tom Cotton's constituents? Tongue

"All of us" weren't elected to represent Tom Cotton's constituents, he was.
"All of us" are not being paid to "talk" to Tom Cotton's constituents, but Cotton is.
Do your job, or get out.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 04:01:46 AM »

Democrats should not be listening to college activists from Australia, IMO.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »

Be careful about rooting for the shutdown. It's not a good thing to shutdown the Government of America over the concerns of foreigners who are inconsequential to American life.

One of the ways that thousands of Americans have qualified as DREAMers is that they have successfully served in the military, so you might want to be cautious about how you pass judgment on people there, Mike. 

Whatever happened to you is your business and your business alone, and you don't owe any of us an explanation. But it truly boggles us that you keep calling attention to with posts like this.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2018, 02:07:39 AM »

It's hard to understand anything Sanchez says through the slurping sounds of Trump's cock in his mouth.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 01:45:17 AM »

The only thing left to do is pass a constitutional amendment nullifying the Second Amendment.

But even if a Democratic-controlled Congress nuked the filibuster and sent it to a Democratic POTUS to be signed, you would never be able to get ratification. Too many rural states that would reflexively vote no under any circumstances.

The future of America is one where the overwhelming majority of voters are held hostage to the whims of a handful of old white people in places like Idaho, North Dakota and Vermont.

the president has no role in the amendment process - why do libs pretend to understand how the government works
Irony at it's finest.

no refutation of my point, just more lib virtue signaling

What is a "lib"? Anyone who is too lazy to type the word liberal shouldn't be debating politics.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »

Never trust a politician who campaigns on "family values".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2018, 02:32:38 AM »

Person A: "We need to criminalize ownership of super fast cars!"

Person B: "Which cars are super fast?"

Person A: "Shut up, conservative! You want dead kids!"

People who call for the banning of certain types of guns without knowing or understanding completely which types of guns pretty much all know they aren't referring to handguns or single shot rifles.

Criminal penalties require specificity. people calling for bans on "assault rifles" are calling for bans on something thats been largely unavailable for 80 years. And there are plenty of people calling for bans on "semiautomatic weapons" while citing semiautomatic handguns as a viable alternative.

I have a constitutional right not to be subject to stupidly vague criminal laws. If you are going to try and snuff out my 2nd amendment rights, and you cant even be bothered to learn what it is you throwing me in jail over, don't expect my sympathy.

Like most Mr. Reactionary posts, this is just useless pedantry wrapped in smug indignation. The term "assault weapons ban" and its derivatives are easily digestible catch-alls for various possible laws and regulations, just like "repeal and replace" was (and I didn't see Mr. Reactionary sniveling over the specificity of that term in 2017, lol). In fact, "repeal and replace" was worse, since it became quickly apparent last year that Republicans had no clue what that would actually entail, whereas Democrats have already laid out a workable proposal for an assault weapons ban (with over a hundred pages of excruciating specificity).

Seriously, did he think Democrats would write "n0 assault riflez" on a piece of paper in purple crayon and try signing it into law? What a doofus.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2018, 04:16:36 AM »

I can't wait for the machine to crush this progressive fantasy.  We don't need privileged North Side Liberals telling us how to vote.
Nothing more privileged than having daddy gift you a seat in Congress.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 05:23:22 PM »

As a side note, the ad song itself is stuck in my head. I suppose that's effective.

Yeah, if your goal is selling bubble gums.

Hey now, effective advertising is effective advertising. Everyone knows Geico and JG Wentworth and name recognition is a big thing in politics.

I liked the ad song to. 

It is strange.  I have hated Cruz since he came on the scene,  but I am warming to him. I guess it is circle the wagons time.

There is a difference between using nicknames Beto and Ted in this case.  O’Rourke is trying to be something he is not: a Latino.  Cruz is trying to be something he is: an American. 

By using Beto, O’Rourke seems actually to be dissing his Irish heritage rather than affirming his American status. He attempts to become Latino/Irish. Cruz affirms his American status by using Ted, following  the lead of millions of immigrants and their children. He becomes a Cuban American.

Millions of immigrants have anglized their names.  Not many have attempted to appropriate another immigrant heritage on to thier own.  That new concept of appropriation can come back and bite.

I'm a white guy with a Hispanic name. Should I change it to fit with some Arkanssn keyboard warrior's preconceptions about what is and isn't American?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2018, 03:50:31 PM »

I mainly stay on this board to keep abreast of liberal discourse. The more I do though, the more I realize that it doesn't exist. The entire leftist worldview is summed by sassy gifs and calling people "literal human garbage".

Maybe you should find another hobby. I recommend gardening.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 11:58:29 AM »

Strange, I wouldn't think that Ryan Zinke has any reason to be economically anxious.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 12:16:10 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 06:59:03 PM »

"Potty mouth" "unlikable twerp" -- sounds like a President.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »

It’s really amazing to see the Democratic lead collapse again, this is starting to get very reminiscent of the 2016 election where Hillary would take a big lead and then a couple weeks later Trump would start surging, and it would go back and forth like that until Election Day happened to occur during a week Trump was surging. My gut tells me the Democratic lead will fluctuate between now and November, but when the election happens, it will be when Republicans are on an upswing, thus resulting in them holding the House and gaining several senate seats.

Oh, your gut says poll numbers will fluctuate over the next 8 months? Amazing analysis.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies