The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:09:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 229105 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 13, 2015, 11:37:38 PM »

In context, one of the best lines of the year.

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 02:20:21 AM »

Basketball is just insanely boring.  Beer pong is 1,000,000x better if you want to throw a ball into a "goal". 
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2015, 03:22:32 PM »

I'm going to pretend AD had a good post for the first time ever.

Whatever you do, don't click for context.

Oh this is cute. Start moderating posts to cover up the real implications

One of the first times i've ever modded a post for excessive hyperbole.

No regrets.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 01:01:56 AM »

I don't know you well enough to know if you are typing that ridiculous sentence sarcastically or not, but the troubling thing about that myth is that it's so comforting to several different groups.

It is a nice comforting narrative to modern-day liberal Democrats, as (in their minds) it absolves the party of any racism in its past, all the while stealing any Republican accomplishments on the matter and forking it right over to the endless, always-right social treadmill of "liberalism."

It's comforting to Black voters, as it completely justifies the demographic group's switch from the GOP to the Democrats.  It's a lot more noble in the history books to paint it as the GOP turning on Black voters one day in a spat of coded racism than Blacks being forced to vote their economic interests three decades before the CRA/VRA.

It's also pretty comforting to Southern whites, as they can justify their ancestors' (whom they otherwise seem quite proud of) support of an openly racist party by hiding behind things like "states' rights" or "small government."  Of course, things like the Dred Scott case show that Southern Democrats didn't give a crap about states' rights and were willing to take any avenue possible to preserve White racial supremacy.

That pretty much just leaves Northern Republicans and Democrats who are true students of history/not completely ignorant (which, I'll say, describes most on this forum) to try to refute this fairy tale and tell the much more complicated story.
This is a brilliant post, but especially the part about Southern Democrats not caring about states' rights and only using it as a cover for racism.

How would one know Oldies would fall for this hook, line, and sinker? Roll Eyes
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 05:46:29 PM »

lol. If you really think a simple, lazy zinger like that means neckbeard, then quite a lot of things will mean neckbeard to you. Go outside and get some perspective.

Well, in fairness that self-described lazy zinger sounds exactly like something posted by the neckbeard archtype NYM described in his second paragraph, so.....
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 05:00:47 PM »

What a fool. You don't stab someone, just because you disagree with him politically.

Unfortunately, the whole history of human race disagrees with your statement.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2016, 01:36:59 AM »

Are they in a union? If Not, This is why a union is a fundamental right that everyone has to have and needs to be in.

I just want you to acknowledge how fringe it is to believe that you should have to be in a union just for being employed.

What jobs have you worked?  How many people did you support on your salary?

RINO's family is quite rich, IIRC. Exactly the types who sniff at unions.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 12:38:02 AM »

Greece has been in an economic depression for years now, and they stuck with the EU.

When will they recover, 50-100 years?

15 000 Euros lands you a flat in Thessaloniki, think about that and how much mama Merkel helped them.

Blaming the EU on the Greek depression makes this fit for a very different thread.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 08:15:48 PM »

This may be the dumbest bill of all time.  I wish Obama had a Tinder-esque super-veto that he could use once a year to stop particularly stupid bills without any override.

We have international courts for international legal action... domestic courts have absolutely no sovereignty over foreign nations or foreign nationals, so any ruling would be useless except for propaganda and stirring-up-sh**t purposes... but as others have pointed out, we're also basically rubber-stamping any other country that decides to take this same route to create propaganda and stir up sh**t against us.

was coming here to postg that. McQueen's possible best post ever, even if I'm not 100% sure I agree with Obama's veto.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 11:43:15 PM »

That was my point. I wasn't defending Jeffster but it seems silly he gets this while more prolific posters spewing worse are actually popular with the mods.

If you think the cave is not watching those posters carefully, you'd be mistaken.

Uh oh.  They're scared now!

Sadly, a troll's brain lacks a capacity to feel scared. Basic biological fact.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 06:51:11 PM »

Context:

Can we all stop talking about her? She's the least interesting person in the world, perhaps in history. She's like one of those kids that regurgitates what they've heard but doesn't quite understand what they're saying. She hasn't thought anything through and she hasn't processed it.
Not to mention her whole brand is based on sex appeal and angry speeches about how great the troops are (she's not exactly wrong, but do teh libtards really hate the army? Come on!) or how Godless we are as a country apparently. She was hired directly out of an internship, probably by some Walmart brand Roger Ailes who's still bragging about it in the control room.

Actually, she was never even an intern. She applied for an internship and got her own show.

Damn Male privilege.

One woman getting a job easy magically invalidates all societal biases.

And if she looked like Kathy Bates, the men running the network would have never given her a show.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 07:24:00 PM »

Is there anything wrong with beauty being important in the entertainment industry?

There's nothing wrong with beauty being important in the entertainment industry

There is a sh**tload wrong with good looks being a prerequisite in so-called journalism
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 09:32:33 PM »

All Confederate monuments are basically giant, expensive, participation trophies.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 01:46:30 AM »

Gillespie wins

- Perriello/Bernie would have won, corrupt DNC establishment, stupid rednecks, Northam rigged the primary, etc.
- Permanent Republican majority?
- I told you VA was still a swing state!!!1! This means that VA-SEN 2018/2020 and VA-PRES 2020 are winnable for Rs as well! 
- RINO Tom: "This totally proves that 2016 was just a one-off! Ds can only win elections if they try to win back White voters in rural areas, because appealing to suburbanites is CLEARLY a losing strategy! VA is still hella purple, maybe even slightly Republican-leaning!"
- The election was rigged.
- Rs won VA in 2009 and won bigly in 2010, you know what this means, right? Right?
- Ds won VA in 2013 but lost bigly in 2014, you know what this means, right? Right?

Northam wins

- Republicans are dead, they can't even win a swing state race with a strong candidate like Gillespie!
- Gillespie only lost because of TRUMP. If CLINTON had been president instead of TRUMP, Gillespie would have won by AT LEAST 5! And of course Republicans would have easily won that Senate special election as well!
- Is John Barrasso now vulnerable? Is Alabama now a Tossup?
- Northam only won by [insert Northam margin of victory here], terrible result for Ds!
- Perriello would have won by more.
- Fairfax County = C(r)ook County, WA-GOV 2004 redux, etc.
- "B-b-b-but I thought Republicans always outperform the polling average in VA!!11"

Obviously exaggerating, but I really wouldn't be surprised if someone started a "Is the [insert party that lost VA-GOV here] now dead?" thread as soon as the race is called.

If this post wasn't so big, I'd add it as my sig for the next month.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2018, 08:05:53 PM »

Be careful about rooting for the shutdown. It's not a good thing to shutdown the Government of America over the concerns of foreigners who are inconsequential to American life.

One of the ways that thousands of Americans have qualified as DREAMers is that they have successfully served in the military, so you might want to be cautious about how you pass judgment on people there, Mike. 

Whatever happened to you is your business and your business alone, and you don't owe any of us an explanation. But it truly boggles us that you keep calling attention to with posts like this.

Damn! CC the Burn Unit thread
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 08:08:47 PM »

Considering Republican opposition to affordable healthcare being available to everyone is by their worst trait, I suppose I'd say FF.

As has been said a thousand different times by a thousand different people, simply because conservatives don't support GOVERNMENT providing a service doesn't mean that conservatives don't believe in the utility/necessity of said service in the first place. The current system under Obamacare has been a disaster and the system before Obamacare was a disaster, but the system previous to Obamacare was absolutely, in no way, a free market. Even before Obamacare, government spending on healthcare in the United States was some of the highest in the world. The best solution is to move to a system of increased competition, person-centered (instead of employer-centered) insurance, increased use of HSAs, as well as other market reforms. Lower insurance costs resulting from there reforms will ensure that poorer Americans can afford health insurance for themselves.

The bad post thread is over there -----)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 12:12:01 AM »

Trump?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 11:55:46 PM »

Ya know, I think that if I had to live in the driest cities, I'd have to drink heavily.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2018, 06:27:33 PM »

You are a piece of work. Trump spews all kinds of sh**t about all kinds of people, and Hillary makes ONE statement that disparages some of Trump supporters, and you reply with all this garbage.

You have earned the right to be ignored.

You could probably find Seriously? in the basket of deplorables. A case study on him and the idea of double standards would be pretty fantastic if you ask me. His ability to completely ignore Trump's own issues while screaming at the top of his lungs about Clinton's is remarkable. It doesn't even matter if they do the same thing - it's awful/corrupt/etc when Clinton does it, and completely fine / didn't even happen if Trump does it. Barely any proof required if it's a 'scandal' involving Clinton, but if the same scandal involves Trump, the highest burden of proof is required. Every detail must be confirmed and presented.

He's either a disturbingly-dedicated troll or hypocritical as hell, and I can't help but wonder how this kind of behavior translates into other aspects of his life.

I think you nailed his butt to a T.
As always, those from the party of "tolerance" think they are better than those that dare to be different and not vote for their guy.

Your level of Alinsky-like ridicule will do nothing to change my mind or shut up.

What an utterly lame addition to this thread. Boo!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2018, 06:29:33 PM »

West Virginia, Alabama, and Florida's panhandle as racist sh!tholes where all the people there support "welfare for whites" and think the Democratic Party is an anti-white hate group.
Hahaha very funny, quoting me out of context.

That's not quoting out of context, that's just out-and-out misquoting.

Not cool, ice spear
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 12:00:45 PM »

Gerrymandering really needs to be looked at in the context of an entire map.

If you're looking for a discussion of gerrymandering that focuses on context rather than abstruse rules and the mathematics of topology, you're in the wrong place. People here care more about county breaks, highway connectivity, compactness, and how neat a district's line look on a map than they do about representation or what the populations represented look like.

Godlike post.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 07:08:28 PM »

Some could say this of me, as I am likely to vote for more Democrats than Republicans this year (for parochial reasons).

...like me; a Republican supporting Bill Nelson.

Why are you supporting Nelson? Even if you don't like Scott for whatever reason; how can you, given the views that you have, think anything good would come out of Democrats taking back the Senate?

Nelson is one of the more moderate and reasonable Democrats, and Scott is morally unfit for public office.  I cannot bring myself to vote for someone who, in a deposition, took the Fifth Amendment 75 times.

A political convention cheered, "LOCK HER UP!" about Hillary Clinton.  What should be said about a man who took the Fifth Amendment 75 times in a deposition surrounding an investigation into the most massive Medicare fraud in history, at a company Scott was CEO of?

Now watch Fuzzy voting for Scot in November because he couldn't stomach going against the wishes of his orange God King.

Come on man. Give credit where credit is due.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 05:39:32 PM »

Just to recap a couple things real quick:

Fuzzy Bear and Calthrina: "Ilhan Omar's choice of language about Israel and AIPAC reeks of antisemitism!"

Fuzzy Bear on immigration: "Those illegals are crashing our border like mindless zombies!"
Calthrina on immigration: "What we need is a final solution to this problem."

Donald Trump, every other day:  [something antisemitic], [something racist], [something sexist]
Fuzzy Bear: "Trump doesn't need to apologize; his opponents would never accept it, and that's their problem, not his."

Fuzzy Bear and Calthrina: "Omar needs to apologize!"
* Omar apologizes *
Fuzzy Bear: "I don't accept her fake apology.  She should be stripped of her committee assignments."

I think that about sums things up.

This is why Joe has been consistently the best poster on here for over a decade.

Him and Al, yes.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2019, 12:12:17 PM »

Yeah, that one's a winner.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 02:43:42 PM »

The Church of Abortion Worship. The "Lord" whom you pay allegiance to is Molech, God of Child Sacrifice. Members of this church consider abortion to be the "holy sacrament", a "blessed thing" which all should praise, and all should embrace. Women who obtain abortions are "one with the Lord" and will obtain admittance to the pearly gates of Heaven. Women who oppose abortion will be cast into the flaming pit of Hell, and be damned for all eternity.

Wrong thread. Though I don't think we've created a profoundly silly post thread yet.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies