🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:01:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇦🇹 Austria General Discussion  (Read 68348 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: May 27, 2017, 01:54:01 PM »

As usual, anti semitism is almost exclusively a symptom of the far right and radical Islam. Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.

I don't think it is possible to be anti-zionist and not be anti-semitic, because the entire position relies on the argument that Jewish nationalism is somehow uniquely unacceptable.

That said, right wing anti-semitism is clearly a thing and people should recognise this.
Question: is it anti-semitic or anti-zionist to fully recognize that Israel should exist and that it is in fact better on human rights than many other nations in the area, but also to say that it might want to treat Palestinians better?

Not remotely anti-semitic. In fact, I would bet it was the position of a majority of actual Zionists.

The problem of anti-zionists is delegitimization. BDS' driving principle is that Israel is the one nation in the world that is so evil and illegitimate that the country and the people in it should be treated as unpersons. There's no way around it that that's anti-semitic.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 01:56:03 PM »

As usual, anti semitism is almost exclusively a symptom of the far right and radical Islam. Left wing anti Zionists are, in my experience, some of the most decent, accepting people out there.

I've been physically assaulted in a hate crime twice in my life. One was an edgelord 16-year-old bigot when I was in high school. The other was a 22-year-old hipster who didn't like that I was wearing a yarmulke and attending a Seder while "Palestinian babies are being butchered".

So yeah, your bizarre worldview has no real basis in reality.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies