Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 207314 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: February 03, 2015, 06:25:01 PM »

With a few exceptions his Facebook friends are fucked up.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1201 on: February 03, 2015, 06:38:55 PM »

Bushie, you no longer require assistance with spaghetti?
Guess I spoke too soon.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1202 on: February 03, 2015, 06:41:44 PM »

I have not had any water today.  Conversation stops there.  I don't feel like being yelled at over not drinking water today.

I don't think anyone's yelling. They're encouraging you to stay hydrated because illness of the tyoe you describe dehydrates people. It's a good way to keep hydrated and flush your system. The frustration comes from an active avoidance of the most basic and universal medical advice.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1203 on: February 03, 2015, 06:51:33 PM »

https://www.caring.com/articles/signs-of-death

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It appears ODF is well on his journey. RIP.

Someone did warn him on his Facebook that he could have the flu, "which is deadly."

I got rid of several people from here on Facebook so they wouldn't bring ANYTHING from Facebook over to the forum.  So, why did you just do that?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1204 on: February 03, 2015, 07:10:47 PM »

I am feeling somewhat okay.  I'm not as cold as I was, although my heat is up to 72 and I have no fans on, and my aches seem to be localizing to my lower right back and a headache.  The rest of the muscles are definitely sore, but they're manageable and I think they'll be gone relatively soon and definitely by morning.  I know my weight is at least partly to blame for the lower back.  I definitely don't think this is the flu because I'm not absolutely miserable.  I took some Tylenol a couple of hours ago and I will take some more before I go to bed.  I will likely go to bed early to ward anything off, but I have a hopeful feeling that I'll be nearly back to normal by morning.  That is good, because I am likely looking at an interview with a second company either Thursday or Friday.  I'll get the actual date and time and all the other details tomorrow.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1205 on: February 03, 2015, 07:28:47 PM »

Someone did warn him on his Facebook that he could have the flu, "which is deadly."

I got rid of several people from here on Facebook so they wouldn't bring ANYTHING from Facebook over to the forum.  So, why did you just do that?

RIP Phil, soon to be purged like the rest of us. Cry
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1206 on: February 03, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Yes, that comment definitely sounded vaguely threatening. A second wave of purges may be on the horizon.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1207 on: February 03, 2015, 07:49:29 PM »

Yes, that comment definitely sounded vaguely threatening. A second wave of purges may be on the horizon.

I'm not threatening anybody with anything.  I just want the copy and paste from my Facebook to stop.  They don't do that to anybody else so why would they do it to me?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1208 on: February 03, 2015, 07:53:16 PM »

The flu is deadly. Thousands of Americans die every year. I doubt Bushie has it though. When you have the flu, you know it. I got it two years in a row when I was in college. I've had a flu shot every year since. Even though the flu vaccine isn't as effective as an MMR or Polio vaccine, I'd still rather have better odds than not getting one at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1209 on: February 03, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »

The flu is deadly. Thousands of Americans die every year. I doubt Bushie has it though. When you have the flu, you know it. I got it two years in a row when I was in college. I've had a flu shot every year since. Even though the flu vaccine isn't as effective as an MMR or Polio vaccine, I'd still rather have better odds than not getting one at all.

The flu is especially deadly in Oklahoma this year.  We have lost almost 60 people to the flu including several young children.

That said, I haven't had the flu since I got the swine flu in 2009.  The flu shot isn't really working this year, but I'm like you, I'd rather give myself a better chance to ward off any possible flu by getting inoculated every September than to take my chances by not getting it.  Yes, I believe God can take away and ward off any flu symptoms if He wants, but one thing the Bible preaches is common sense.  Despite many with the belief that Christianity is against modern medicine, that is definitely not the case.  Modern medicine was developed and continues to be developed for a reason and, I believe, the Bible tells us not to shy away from modern medicine.  God wants us to have faith in Him, but He also doesn't want us to be stupid, either.  He didn't create man with a stupid mind.  He created man with brains and He expects us to use the brains He gave us.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1210 on: February 03, 2015, 08:04:17 PM »

If only we had a Christian Scientist with whom Bushie could debate this point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1211 on: February 03, 2015, 08:04:43 PM »

Anyway, I was cold earlier, but that was earlier.  I am hot now.  I'm still not feverish, but the room has gotten hot in a hurry since I've had the overhead lights on.  I have dropped the furnace to 71 and have turned the living room ceiling fan on high.  It already feels better.  I may be getting a shower before I go to bed so I can cool off even more and get my temperature regulated again.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1212 on: February 03, 2015, 08:12:11 PM »

If God can take away flu symptoms if he wants, then the question becomes, why doesn't He want to take away Bushie's? Has Bushie angered Him? Wait... you guys don't think... oh god no, Bushie have you briefly relaxed lately?!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1213 on: February 03, 2015, 08:14:12 PM »

If God can take away flu symptoms if he wants, then the question becomes, why doesn't He want to take away Bushie's? Has Bushie angered Him? Wait... you guys don't think... oh god no, Bushie have you briefly relaxed lately?!

Maybe He wants to teach me a lesson?  Most of the time, He doesn't take illnesses away on our timing, but His timing is perfect and there is always a reason to the suffering.  Although, I believe God is taking away my symptoms tonight.  I'm not near as miserable as I was about 4-6 hours ago.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1214 on: February 03, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »

I'm not threatening anybody with anything.  I just want the copy and paste from my Facebook to stop.  They don't do that to anybody else so why would they do it to me?

Whoa, whoa, Dear Friend! What the hell did I "copy and paste?" You skating on thin ice, bub!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1215 on: February 03, 2015, 08:25:13 PM »

What about children with incurable cancer? Is there a reason for their suffering?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1216 on: February 03, 2015, 08:25:19 PM »

The flu is especially deadly in Oklahoma this year.  We have lost almost 60 people to the flu including several young children.

Maybe He wants to teach me a lesson?  Most of the time, He doesn't take illnesses away on our timing, but His timing is perfect and there is always a reason to the suffering.

What was the lesson He was teaching those young children?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #1217 on: February 03, 2015, 08:25:55 PM »

Maybe He wants to teach me a lesson?  Most of the time, He doesn't take illnesses away on our timing, but His timing is perfect and there is always a reason to the suffering.  Although, I believe God is taking away my symptoms tonight.  I'm not near as miserable as I was about 4-6 hours ago.

Could it be that the exceptionally complex biological processes governing your body and possibly dictated by a creator who put the wheels in motion billions of years ago could see you through on their own (ie: your body weathers the illness on its own but thanks to its design) and that, in effect, is "God taking away the illness?"

I'm just asking if you're a believer in the science-y God who designed you to survive if you've taken care of your "temple," or the wizard-y God who waves magic wands and makes you all better.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1218 on: February 03, 2015, 08:26:33 PM »

Well, if there's anything we've learned, it's that you always learn your lesson!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1219 on: February 03, 2015, 08:35:29 PM »

Whoa, whoa, Dear Friend! What the hell did I "copy and paste?" You skating on thin ice, bub!

You told the forum of a comment that was made on my Facebook.  I simply ask that you don't do that again.  I'm not threatening to drop you or anything, but I just wish people would learn that what is said on my Facebook stays on my Facebook and goes nowhere else.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1220 on: February 03, 2015, 08:38:33 PM »

Well, I didn't copy and paste so if you are going to continue to spread those lies, you won't be happy, Mister! Now go have a glass of water.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1221 on: February 03, 2015, 08:44:19 PM »

Well, I didn't copy and paste so if you are going to continue to spread those lies, you won't be happy, Mister! Now go have a glass of water.

So, now, I'm the bad guy because I want my Facebook left alone?  I'm not saying YOU copied and pasted, but other people have in the past.  Whether or not you copied and pasted, you still brought something in from Facebook.  Can you not just agree to not do that ever again?  I don't care whether it was copied and pasted or mentioned, I just want it to stop forever.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1222 on: February 03, 2015, 08:49:58 PM »

Phil, let's just let bygones be bygones and drop the subject.  I hate starting confrontations.  We've always been good friends on Facebook and the forum, and I don't want anything to change.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1223 on: February 03, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »

I'll absolutely agree to that. You know I respect you. To quote The Office, "You're a wonderful woman...and you're a helluva bowler!"

That said, do me a favor and have a drink of water. You were complaining about the heat earlier on Facebook. Maybe you can cool down with a glass of ice water.

Wait. Was I not supposed to bring up Facebook here at all?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1224 on: February 03, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »

I'll absolutely agree to that. You know I respect you. To quote The Office, "You're a wonderful woman...and you're a helluva bowler!"

That said, do me a favor and have a drink of water. You were complaining about the heat earlier on Facebook. Maybe you can cool down with a glass of ice water.

Wait. Was I not supposed to bring up Facebook here at all?

You're fine, Phil, because I mentioned it on here, also.  Smiley   After I finish this can of Diet Dr. Pepper, I'll have a glass of water.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies